Phantis Forums

PAOK's 2015-2016 Playoff race

Blackhawk

I don't see panionios having an issue to get the licence as they have been granted to them in the past when they were in worse shape than they are now..

I would not count on Panionios getting the license. These days they are taking closer look at what data the team supplies. My prediction is that Giannina will take part in the playoffs.

FINAL STANDING  (pending various appeals)

2. PAO  55

3. AEK  54

4. PAOK - 45

5. Panionios - 44  
6. PAS Giannina   42

If the playoff started today, and the current fines remain (Panionios no license, AEK -3 points)

1. PAO  3
2. AEK  2
3. PAOK  1
4. PAS 0

If Panionios gets a license and AEK does not get the 3 points back:

1. PAO  2
2. AEK    2
3. PAOK  0
4. Panionios 0

If AEK gets 3 points back and Panionios does not get a license:

1. PAO  3
2. AEK    3
3. PAOK  1
4. PAS 0

If AEK gets 3 points back and Panionios gets a license:

1. AEK    3
2. PAO  2
3. PAOK  0
4. PAS 0

In any case, it will be beneficial for us if Panionios does not get a license. 

I would not count on Panionios getting the license. My prediction is that Giannina will take part in the playoffs.

Since panionios has 44 pts and giannina 42, would that change the playoff points? Or do they just leave it as is?

Panionios won the appeal, but there is still a slim chance UEFA might step in examines the EPO decisions.

Does not make much difference for PAOK unless AEK gets back the three points as well.

There is still a chance we might have fans for the last game of the playoffs.

The standings prior to the playoffs following the lost appeal by AEK to get the 3 points back are

Panathinaikos - 2

AEK - 2

PAOK - 0

Panionios - 0

I think the draw was very good for PAOK. We beat AEK at home and Panionios manages to tie PAO in the first round, and things are pretty much leveled.

If we manage not to lose at Panathinaikos in second round and get a good result against Panionios away we will be in good shape. The first two games will be very important.

We have two players that must be carefull in the play-offs.

If Pelkas gets a yellow he will miss one game as he has three cards up till now.

Leovac will miss two games when he gets a cards as he has six cards.

• Like it 1

If Pelkas is out, then we have a much better replacement available in Mistakidis. Leovac would be more of a loss I think, but Tzavellas has had a good year and if he feels like showing up, we should be fine.

If we manage two wins out of this set, we'll do better than we did in last year's playoffs. Just saying.

I guarantee we will do much better than last year. Can't really do any worse. My prediction is that  we will battle with PAO for the first place in the playoffs. The only thing that worries me is empty Toumba.

AEK has not impressed me much so far. Specially by the end of the season. Panathinaikos as usual is getting into a good form by playoff time. The big unknown is Panionios. They will cut some points from everybody.

PAO has hit form at the right time and I think the playoffs are there's to lose going by latest form.

Panionios has a big hurdle and must knock off PAO in the 1st match if they are to have any hope.

As for AEK we are very low in form currently but maybe and that's a big maybe if we win the cup it could motivate us to do better in the playoffs, but that's a big if.

PAOK needs to knock us off 1st game also if they want to take that spot.

Interesting playoffs coming up......