Phantis Forums

PAOK's 2015-2016 Playoff race

Blackhawk

Mak confirmed after today's game that it was his last game at Toumba for this season. He will play on Sundaqy against AEK and then leave for his NT, whose coach refused to let him stay for the Panathinaikos game. 

Current playoff standings:

1. PAOK  10

2. AEK  8

3. Panathinaikos  7

4. Panionios  1

Games remaining

ROUND 5  

AEK - PAOK

Panathinaikos - Panionios

Round 6

PAOK - Panathinaikos 

Panionios - AEK

The funny thing is that with two ties in your last two games we are guaranteed 1st place in the playoffs. On the other hand is that if we get a win (and  3 points) against AEK and lose to Panathinaikos at home we will finish in second place.

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/927918/treis-agonistikes-ston-tzimpoyr

Good news, Djebbour will miss the rest of the playoffs including our match on Sunday.

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/927980/telos-i-sezon-gia-vigiafanies

Same goes for Villafanez and Berg.

Very well, our players on the other hand are rested and almost everyone will be available against Koula. Advantage is on our side. Not to mention that Nionios will make it very hard for Koula to win there since the fiasco with Bakasetas.

Good, Djebbour is a snake. The Villafanez news is great too. I don't think Panionios will be able to get any points from their remaining two matches, but if they can manage a single draw - regardless of opponent - I'll be happy.

Yeah, probably not. However, the Bazelos coach makes disastrous mistakes, so it's still possible.

But to be honest, I actually care more about Koula right now. Haven't seen a good match of us in the OAKA for awhile now so it's time to win there for a change.

Ivic needs to be aware of the fact that Koula had scored all three goals against us this year from free kicks and corners. Still, we have more quality in our team and played much better football in the playoffs.

There are no excuses to lose to them.

I agree. We should be able to win, regardless of our shitty record there. Ivic seems to have a greater understanding of tactics than Tudor did, and we'll still have Mak for this game. Do we know of any other absences AEK will have? It seems that if they rotate in some of their lesser-used players, fatigue won't be as much of a concern for them. But I don't know enough about their roster to know if that would be a good or bad thing for us.

• Like it 1

My guess is that it will be a mix of both, fatigued and rested players.

Their whole midfield consisting of Simoes, Johansson & Mantalos didn't changed in the last 4 matches. Skasmenoi einai. Moreover, Aravidis played 5 matches straight. If they play against us too, they will collapse. Besides Buonanotte, there is no good midfielder on their bench.

Vargas, as their best scorer this season, will miss the game. Same goes for Djebbour. This means that we probably have to deal with a rested Barbosa and Peckhart, maybe Platellas too, regarding their offense.

Their defense didn't changed (with one exception) the last 5 matches. They are probably exhausted too.

As I'm seeing this, they will have some trouble in their midfield and defense. Their offense on the other hand is rested, with the exception of Aravidis.

• Like it 2

I hope more for a triple mpounia. One from his right, one from his left, and a slap with his... well, that's up to your imagination now.

A re Klaous rix' thn koula duo treis goalares gia na goustaroume. 

Edited by Klaous
  • Like it 1