Phantis Forums

Lets take a look at some comparisons.

Lets see;                 Hellas                                                  Socceroos

Karnezis                                                   Ryan

winner: Ryan

Torotsidis, Holebas                               Risdon, Smith/Gersbach

winner youth: Risdon, Smith/Gersbach-lacks exp.

Stathis, Manolas                                   Spira/Wright, Sainsbury

winner: draw.

Tziolis/ Samaris                                     Jedinak/Milligan

winner:  Jedinak/Milligan

Tachtsidis, Fortounis                              Luongo, Rogic/Mooy

winner: draw or Luongo, Rogic/Mooy

Pelkas, Kone                                          Leckie, Kruse

winner:  Leckie, Kruse

MItroglou/Vellios/Karelis                         Cahill, Giannou/Juric/McLaren

winner:  draw.

Interesting to see the results in a few months. Team chemistry playing a huge role too.

Edited by Ethnikiman

Australia will win because Greece won't give a stuff like 2006, but you would have to be delusional to think player for player the Socceroos are better than Greece...most of the Aussies play in garbage leagues. Individually every Greek player wins out.

australia is playing much better than greece...

I can't believe you rated Manolas.Sokratis ...at the same level as the Aussie CD...

They are not in the same universe....

Player for player...position by position....the only spot the aussies are stronger is in Goal keeping position..

Risdon, Smith/Gersbach ahead of Toro/Holebas/Staf????????????  WTF??

• Like it 1

Toro is not there. Holebas is still competitive. Brad Smith at Liverpool doing very well in particular. YES, Sainsbury and Spiro/Wright right up there with Stath and Manolas right now. Bulut doing very well and Troisi very good. Hellas need to work on midfield the most. Socceroos are most settled in that area.

how many games has Smith played at Liverpool??

Spiranovic/Sainsbury are playing in China

The greek pair are playing Serie A and Bundesliga...Roma and Dortmund are two huge clubs upper echelon of world football.

Sorry...In the real world the aussie pair are nobodies???  bot being rude but realistic...

Bulut?  you referring to the guy at Iraklis who is not even in the aussie squad?

australia is in better form than greece...

but this has nothing to do with the level of serie A. 

also keep in mind the high level of Olympiakos in UCL over the last 4 seasons....

and some big results of PAOK and asteras..... Asteras drew twice to Besiktas and eliminated Mainz last year..

these clubs are not Joenbuk Motors...

Good point there Sheriff, although Al Hilal would be much more difficult. I took a level view of a comparison, then I am accused of coming to a Greek forum to tell of how superior Socceroos are.

That is my view on both sides. Going with form really..

Edited by Ethnikiman

Good point there Sheriff, although Al Hilal would be much more difficult. I took a level view of a comparison, then I am accused of coming to a Greek forum to tell of how superior Socceroos are.

That is my view on both sides. Going with form really..

The gulf stats play some nice stuff....

but they do lack quite a bit....

Greece's issues are chemistry and mental application...

Greece has some very good footballers that play at a high level...

the current club form of

Karnezis

Holevas

Sokratis

Manolas

Samaris

Mandalos

Karelis

Mitro

Stafyllidis

Fortounis

is very good....to excellent   at a high level....

there are others like Kaltsas, Maniatis, Taxi, K.Pap etc who are finding their feet..

I would like to see both sides take June seriously as they Both have World Cup Qualification not too far away. I admire most how Greece didn't lose in Turkey last year, with all that was against them. What an effort that!

I would like to see both sides take June seriously as they Both have World Cup Qualification not too far away. I admire most how Greece didn't lose in Turkey last year, with all that was against them. What an effort that!

no professional football team takes June friendlies seriously...  these are exhibition games at best...

Skibbe will use the Russia friendly and the early club form august onward to base his WC campaign..

Lets see;                 Hellas                                                  Socceroos

Karnezis                                                   Ryan

winner: Ryan

Torotsidis, Holebas                               Risdon, Smith/Gersbach

winner youth: Risdon, Smith/Gersbach-lacks exp.

Stathis, Manolas                                   Spira/Wright, Sainsbury

winner: draw.

Tziolis/ Samaris                                     Jedinak/Milligan

winner:  Jedinak/Milligan

Tachtsidis, Fortounis                              Luongo, Rogic/Mooy

winner: draw or Luongo, Rogic/Mooy

Pelkas, Kone                                          Leckie, Kruse

winner:  Leckie, Kruse

MItroglou/Vellios/Karelis                         Cahill, Giannou/Juric/McLaren

winner:  draw.

Interesting to see the results in a few months. Team chemistry playing a huge role too.

Wait, what? Every single player on the Greek NT is individually better than their Australian counterparts, but what really got to me is you calling the CB head-to-head a draw. That`s absolutely ludicrous. Greece CBs (Sokratis, Manolas, KPapadopoulos, etc.) would draw and maybe beat CBs from the likes of Spain, France, Brazil, Italy and Germany, not, out of all teams, Australia. Mods should lock this thread.

Edited by Argy

The best Center back in Serie A, and one of the best Center backs in Bundesliga, are not better than two center backs that play in some Asian League... Did I read that right?

I repeat, mods should lock this thread. It is illogical, serves nothing and is downright offensive.

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 1

Honestly when you look at the names side by side like that and compare where each player plays his club football the gulf is pretty massive. You have big representation in champions league/ europa league with the greek team...in fact if these players played for australia the bogans here would probably label it a golden generation.

• Like it 1

Honestly when you look at the names side by side like that and compare where each player plays his club football the gulf is pretty massive. You have big representation in champions league/ europa league with the greek team...in fact if these players played for australia the bogans here would probably label it a golden generation.