Phantis Forums

SL-R26: Panaitolikos - PAOK (12-Mar-16, 19:30 GR)

Blackhawk

Panaitolikos.pngvsPAOK.png

MATCHUP:           Panaitolikos Agrinio - P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki

COMPETITION:    Superleague - Round 26

DATE:                   12-March-2016

TIME:                    19:30 GR  (17:30 GMT, 11:30 CST, 04:30 AEDT next day)

CITY / STADIUM:  Agrinio - Panaitolikos Stadium(Capacity: 7,500)

REFEREES:          Tasos Sidiropoulos (Dodecanese) - Konstantinos Pontikis (Preveza), Christos Magianis (Arta)

TELEVISION:        Nova Sports (Greece, Cyprus, Albania, Bulgaria), Antenna Satellite (USA/Canada), Antenna Pacific Australia)

Panaitolikos - PAOK History:

SUPERLEAGUE

2014-2015:  0:1 (Mak-p) - Attendance: 3,361 

2013-2014:  2:0 - Attendance:  no fans

2011-2012:  1:1 (Cirilo) - Attendance:  5,401

ALPHA ETHNIKI (Amateur/Semi-Professional)

1976-1977:  1:2 (Orfanos 2) - Attendance:  ?

1975-1976:  0:2 (Sarafis-p, Kermanidis) - Attendance:  ?

The famous game where the Panaitolikos attacked the referee Rammos and cut his ear off.

rammos.JPG

PANHELLENIC CHAMPIONSHIP (Amateur)

1954-1955:  0:2 (Gentzis, Margaritis) - Attendance:  ?

GAMES:  6

WINS:      4

TIES:       1

LOSSES: 1

More bad news for PAOK. Chatziisaias is out for 6 weeks and Cimirot for 4 weeks after medical tests today. Rodrigues appears to be ok, but there are still 5 days before the game.

More bad news for PAOK. Chatziisaias is out for 6 weeks and Cimirot for 4 weeks after medical tests today. Rodrigues appears to be ok, but there are still 5 days before the game.

I won't be posting for a while.  I've got a "thlasi" on my ass and will be out for 4 weeks.

• Like it 1

Yes, but we are PAOK. We make the easy difficult.

Anyway. The next five games for PAOK, Panionios and Asteras are:

Therefore Asteras and Panionios will drop some points.

and we will drop them all

Edited by Nea Bafra

We really couldn't have been given a more favorable set of matches. I think we'll make the playoffs, but I can't see us ending the year anything but fifth overall. Which would mean next year we start off too early again.

I know we live for our European nights...but it's almost tempting to say that it isn't worth it next year.

Okay I take that back. They need to fight for Europa League.

Maybe I'm delusional, but I still think there is a decent core in the team to work with.  Do we deserve to be 5th ?  Yes we do.  We concede more goals than most teams, we concede late goals often and the defense is still shaky.  But I haven't seen any team other than OLY clearly outplay us.  Sometimes we struggle when the opposition parks the bus but that goes for all teams.  It's been said time and again, a CB of real quality and a DM/CM to boss the middle with physical presence, and all of a sudden the prezonia will be kissing Savvidis's feet.

Klaus out due to yellows as well....lol...it's like a comedy show now.

Klaus only has 6 cards and is available, although I don't think it makes any difference.

Missing the game are  Glykos, Jairo, Rodriguez, Chatziisaias, Mak, Berbatov, Cimirot

Panaitolikos's main threat is their dekari Warda, so if can put a player such as Kace on him, we can neutralize him. The key player is their keeper and ex-PAOK player Kyriakidis. The few games I have seen Agrinio this season, he has been keeping them in the game.

It will be interesting what Ivic comes up with as a lineup.

Ivic is experimenting with a 4-3-3 formation. The 3-5-2 formation was not possible for the average players that PAOK has on its roster currently. 

Anyway, Skondras and Golasa have also been ruled out for Saturday. With that in mind I present you my lineup for the game:

--------------------- Vellidis -------------------

Kitsiou --- Vitor --- Malezas --- Tzavellas

--- Kace -------- Tziolis  ------- Charisis --

--- Mystakidis ------------------- Pelkas ---

----------------- Athanasiadis --------------- 

• Like it 1