Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Reaper

Battle for power of the League

The meeting between Michel, Alafouzos and Melissanidis has concluded. They may even from now on give statements as a joint triumvirate to save time.

http://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/SuperLeague/oloklhrwthhke-h-synanthsh-alafouzoy-melissanidh.3940102.html

Seems the battle lines are drawn. Those who believe cancelling the cup will help Greek football and hooliganism against those who think cancelling the cup was wrong. The victors will be able to shape the future of Greek football.

AEK, PAOK, PAO, Kontonis, Syriza (other MPs have announced their support today).

VS

Olympiacos, Atromitos (Spanos), Xanthi (Panopoulos), possibly Asteras (yet to make a stament), EPO (Gkirtzikis).

We are yet to see which side UEFA/FIFA take.

FIFA & UEFA send joint statement that Greek clubs teams and national teams will be banned from UEFA and FIFA competition unless Kontonis reinstates the cup. As I posted from the minute Kontonis illegally interfered with the Cup of Greece, cancelling it in order to .. I have no idea what - I stated he would be threatened by UEFA/FIFA to reverse the decision - like has happened numerous times in the past when an egomaniac Greek sport's minister has overstepped the mark.

He has two weeks to reverse his ban. He has stated last week he has no intention to reverse the decision. This is usually the line of every Sport's Minister, Greek politician - before they eventually capitulate. This dance is very old and has happened many times in Greece.  Notice also Kontonis did nothing about the OFI violence last week where OFI fans actually beat up badly the opposing team's players!!

If the Cup is reinstated, it will be a massive blow for Kontonis, Savvidis, Alafouzos and Tiger - all of whom supported the banning of the Cup from the moment it was announced.

Stopping the cup was the dumbest idea yet, this was meant to accomplish what exactly besides getting us banned from European competition??

Maybe banning is what is needed to get things started back on track.

In fact - the bizarre cup ban endorses hooliganism. Any hooligan cooperative now knows, while Kontonis is power, they can get any tournament cancelled by simply invading the pitch and attacking police, burning the stadium etc. Their team wont be thrown out the tournament, but every team will!! Massive coup for hooligans. The few arrested at the Toumba.. the 15.. were not even made to stay in prison until trial. They were all released on bail. Let's see how many turn up to trial.. :la: Wonder how many of them even gave real names..

Kontonis actually went even further to support hooligans. By banning TV crews filming the violence (the one piece of legislation he insisted on last season  :lol: ), there is less video footage to identify repeat offenders and convict them. Kontonis has given a golden age to hooliganism. OFI fans beat up the opposing team's players last week. Caved in the player's noses and punched them like rag dolls - real ISIS stuff.. * Everyone in Greece knows Syriza is violent protest friendly. Hooligans will never have it this good again, they like many other parts of society should make the most of this SYRIZA era. 

ialisos.jpg

Kontonis works for the state, prosecute a few clowns and watch how fast people act right, it ain't rocket science m#$%! Kontoni wake the f up.  :xxx:

• Like it 1

That is not how the Greek left works. ^^ The Greek left believes violence and hooliganism is a symptom - not an illness. That is why Syriza and PASOK went out their way to protect violence in society. I actually wrote my dissertation on violence in 20th century Western literature being a marxist ideal. It is an open secret. 

For example, the left works the same way in universities. One student has a problem with one aspect of the university? Close down the university in protest. Don't allow students, cleaners or professors to enter the premises. 

One employee has a problem in an office or factory? Create a general strike and attack those who attempt to cross the picket-line. Destroy office furniture, infrastructure in protest. Tsipras spent a 3 year degree protesting and creating sit-ins. That is why the degree took him 10 years to complete!

This is all basic basic leftist strategy. Kontonis truly believed the section of violent PAOK supporters were simply reacting to a bad ref decision and are essentially pure and good, rather than them being already geared up (balaclavas, weaponized) hooligans - living as professional hooligans - something the police keeps telling Kontonis exists in Greece. Even gate4 hinted in their ridiculous official statement the riot was premeditated!

It has been said a million times on here. Even the deeply corrupt Platini said it. ''Why can't Greece simply jail its hooligans?'' Kontonis has done everything humanly possible to avoid making these hooligans pay for their actions. That is enabling violence and putting Greek lives at risk.

It's not politics, it's common sense. Don't use this issue to bash commies this is not relevant. 

Nothing to do with bashing commies. That is a straw man. Without the Soviet commies in WW2, Hitler would have been unstoppable. The Greek communists put up the most effective resistance to the Nazis in WW2 also. So no, this is not about bashing commies, this is about real life in Greece in 2016 and how Kontonis' actions reflect a student union leader more than a Sport's Minister. As someone who is a post graduate of European universities, I think I haver a rather good understanding of how they operate. 

This issue is specific to Greece and politics. That is my opinion. We are allowed opinions on here concerning relationships between Greek politics and football violence in Greece. Kontonis has not been able to ban us discussing yet... I hope!  :lol:

You are allowed to have opinions, but whenever someone disagrees they should be able to say so, this are discussion forums after all.

Oh sorry I thought you were telling me what to say, the straw man not to bash commies etc? Not to relate this issue to politics..  I was the one who explained we are entitled to our opinions as long as they are polite, we are free to discuss what we wish. What do you think just happened?  :huh:

You are free to have opnions Tzatziki, but not tell other people what they can and can't say. 

As I said, I feel free to have these opinions as I wrote many essays and articles on the subject and have studied the phenomenon of violence in Greece.

We have to remember, football hooliganism is currently peaking. This was happening an hour after the semi-final was cancelled!

You can write as many essays as you like, it does not mean that they are any good or in any way tangible to reality.

Nothing to do with what you like or see as reality. It is about everyone's freedom on this forum to post their opinions without censorship.

That is not how the Greek left works. ^^ The Greek left believes violence and hooliganism is a symptom - not an illness. That is why Syriza and PASOK went out their way to protect violence in society. I actually wrote my dissertation on violence in 20th century Western literature being a marxist ideal. It is an open secret. 

For example, the left works the same way in universities. One student has a problem with one aspect of the university? Close down the university in protest. Don't allow students, cleaners or professors to enter the premises. 

One employee has a problem in an office or factory? Create a general strike and attack those who attempt to cross the picket-line. Destroy office furniture, infrastructure in protest. Tsipras spent a 3 year degree protesting and creating sit-ins. That is why the degree took him 10 years to complete!

This is all basic basic leftist strategy. Kontonis truly believed the section of violent PAOK supporters were simply reacting to a bad ref decision and are essentially pure and good, rather than them being already geared up (balaclavas, weaponized) hooligans - living as professional hooligans - something the police keeps telling Kontonis exists in Greece. Even gate4 hinted in their ridiculous official statement the riot was premeditated!

It has been said a million times on here. Even the deeply corrupt Platini said it. ''Why can't Greece simply jail its hooligans?'' Kontonis has done everything humanly possible to avoid making these hooligans pay for their actions. That is enabling violence and putting Greek lives at risk.

Been saying this for years...

Sorry Tzatziki......but we can dance around the issue.....  but the greek left and greek commies have fed of this mentality for years...

the only reason why we 'dance around this issue with commies' is that a lot of Good Greeks these days...may be descendants from the commies of 1947.....and have family ties and connections that are deep rooted...   and there is an element of not wanting to offend others as the wounds and ties are still too fresh...

If an objective commentary can be made in 100 years time it will come up that the reason why greece has not been able to 'modernize'...

Sherrif, in this specific context, which is fan violence, I don't think political partisanship of left and right has any relevance. This is red fans vs greens vs yellow vs whatever. Within every group of these violent fans you will find people who support numerous parties or ideologies. The thing that they have in common is their love of violence and their clubs. Let's be real.

• Like it 1