Phantis Forums

SL-R25: Panthrakikos - PAOK (06-Mar-16, 15:00 GR)

Blackhawk

There's no way Tudor should be staying for next season. This experiment went really bad. Let him finish this disaster of a season, but I hope Michel is looking for a new coach as I type this.

Additionally, a lot of our players don't have th quality to be starters on this team. We need quite a few experienced players along with the youngsters.

There's no way Tudor should be staying for next season. This experiment went really bad. Let him finish this disaster of a season, but I hope Michel is looking for a new coach as I type this.

Additionally, a lot of our players don't have th quality to be starters on this team. We need quite a few experienced players along with the youngsters.

Not sure what your expectation were.  We got a bunch of young and unknown players.  The only player I'm disappointed with is Leovac who at 27 years of age and at 1.3M Euros you expect him to be a fairly complete player who would at the very least lock down the LB position.  Add to that a manager who was fairly inexperienced as well.  If you want more, we need to spend more, a whole lot more.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1

exactly right bananas. Arnsen's plan was to build a team around a core of young players. He is now gone. You can't blame Tudor for us not having the players to compete. If we want immediate results, Savvidis needs to put his hand deeper into his pocked and bring ready made players. And even then there is no guarntee. Like I've said before Tudor may not be the one to lead us to success but he should be given at least a chance

Normally I would agree with you guys, but let's face it, Tudor has been kept on board until the end of the season, so he can be the final scapegoat. It is evident that PAOK fans don't have patience for experiments, and as a result this 3-year plan fizzled out quite easily after six months. Not surprising, since Savvidis does not really have the knowledge to run a soccer team, and he pretty much gave up and decided to take the easy way out by firing Arnesen.

I think the one big mistake by Arnesen was that he did not bring in a more experienced coach to start the building process. Tudor's major mistake was that during the whole season he has not learned anything from mistakes he did early in the season. Just take today's game for example. He knew quite well how Panthrakikos plays and how they did damage to us in the first game at Toumba. Today was exact copy of that game. Actually it was even worse since we lost to a team that is basically relegated.

You can call Tudor a mistake but it's all easy in hindsight.  Arnesen had to find a manager in a short amount of time because we had EL qualifiers coming up and the team was on its knees in terms of confidence.  If we want results, we shouldn't be playing kids.  Pelkas, Mystakidis, Antonis, Kitsiou, Charisis even Chatziisaias are all too inexperienced.  They will make mistakes and that's just the way it is.  If we can't cope with the learning curve, then give them all the boot.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1

It's always someones fault amorgos! 
But seriously, I have no problem with playing kids who have talent (Cimirot,Pelka, Mystakidi, Xarisi etc all look good and to have good futures) The problem is this Greece and fans demand immediate results no matter what the plan is. And I think in PAOK's case Savvidis is the same as the fans. He wants the team to win, he has no patience for development and building. Which is fine, then go get yourself a Technical director who understands, a seasoned coach who has had good runs in Europe and be prepared to pay for ready made players. 

I have no problem with either tbh, there just needs to be cohesion and everyone needs to understand and be on the same page. Which I don't think has happened since Savvidis arrived