Phantis Forums

SL-R24: PAOK - Asteras Tripoli (27-Feb-2016, 19:30 GR)

Blackhawk

I was very pleased with this performance. Once it started getting rough late in the first half, it looked like we were going to end up playing with nine or ten men. Mistakidis definitely man of the match for me (which mirrors real life). Tzavellas looked great. Vellidis very confident.

Here's the press conference.

Some highlights:

• Says that in a few years, Pelkas will be the type of player who can finish the game early, he is great but will be even better soon
  • Very young team that will only improve with maturity
  • On the subbing of Kitsiou: "I want more from him, he was better today, but I didn't want to remove Mistakidis. He can be better. I remember a great Kitsiou from the start of the season, and I want him back."
  • On the game vs Olympiakos: won't change too much (lineup). Just doesn't want the same ref as last week.
  • On injured players: thinks Charisis will be back, Klaus + Rodrigues *maybe* the bench
  • On referees (and players arguing with them): I don't like when coaches say after the game they won't comment on the referee. They changed the game! My opinion on referees generally isn't so positive. (i'm pMelachrinosrasing here)
  • Like it 1

If we sell Kace, it would be strong incentive to keep him. I'm sure we'll see more of him by the end of the year; so far he hasn't looked as bad as I thought he would.

How many DMs do we have now? Kace, Tziolis, Cimirot, Charisis, Antonis? If we lose Kace, and Charisis gets a red card every two games, it leaves us pretty thin on the ground.

A shame Konstantinidis is held together by paper mache bones and bruises every time there's a vorra

Yup, too bad. He's surely one of the most promising players in the squad, but I kind of feel that he will continue to struggle with his injuries and then end up in a mid-table team in a few years. Let's hope he stays fit when he's back from his injury!

Edited by PAOKSWEDEN