Phantis Forums

GK-SF-L1: PAOK - Olympiakos (02-Mar-16, 19:30 GR)

Blackhawk

I hope all sydesmoi, all paok fans around the world and the thessaloniki media support ivan in not playing the return leg. And make this a massive issue.

I support ivan and the paok fans.

Stop blamming paok for this we didnt create this.

When we lost first round to gayroi in toumba this season we acknowledged our team was s%$#! and moved on.

What happened this morning is as i said and tudor. You are playing with peoples lives and this cannot go on.

I didnt wake up at 4.30am in sydneh australia to watch paok so marinakis can take a dump on my face.

Enough is enough.

Ivan krata dynata and lets break the system.

• Like it 1

os, im not a fan of rival clubs sticking together but f**k me enough is enough. 

PAO got F***ed gate 13 gets banned

now im waiting for kontonis on GATE 4 

next it will be aek

you cannot tell me all 3 clubs cannot run their club's and olympiacos is not at fault. 

Its time for a revolt 

• Like it 1

Brother its not about sticking together, we are ALL after the same thing, a better league and end this s%$#! we have been suffering from so many years...

Where else in the world has any team won 19 of 21 titles? Not even Barca or United have done that yet Oly can do it and its not an issue?

The league will NEVER EVER be clean free of corruption, it happens everywhere but the way it has become in Greece is a disgrace and something has to give...

I don't care if PAOK or PAO win the league good for them if they have the team to do it, but the way these yifti have been winning titles is a rezili.....

Being a referee im trying hard to see how he missed this easy call.   He could be out of position as a long ball was played in so he is around the half.   But the assistant is right on top of it with the last man so how does he also miss this?? And then you got that guy on the goal line.  Its 2016 for christs sake , tell him on the mic that its a penalty .  

How can anyone not think that huge curruption is not at play here.

Edited by Polikastano
  • Like it 1

Ah yes just another chapter to add to the theater that is Greek football. 
I'm with most here, it was so obviously robbery there is no point discussing it. And yes refs do miss things but it always seems to be to the advantage of Olympiakos. 

In terms of the fans its been said to death, something needs to be done. Not arrest a few and let them out through the back door. There needs to be serious action taken but it wont be, because we are speaking about Greece. There is no justification for what the fans did, there never will be, its a football match. BUT I do get it and I feel like this time was more justified then when it happened 2 years back.
But until Greece as country changes these things will still happen.

Now as for Savvidis ive always thought he was a good buisness man but a poor football person. He has that Greek "mangia" about him and it began from when he first came and used to speak to the media for 2 hours after matches. He's helped us hugely financially and I'll be forever greatful but deep down he is no different to an "opado" He makes rash emotional decisons as a fan would (Be it with what he says or sacking coaches/TD's) and he just blurts out whatever pops into his head. 
For those saying he will look stupid if he doesnt follow through on his threats that ship has sailed.
I recall a game last year where we lost in Tripoli and we were sooooooo poor and outplayed it wasn't funny. The ref made one wrong call which lead to an astears goal, they beat us 3-1. But PAOK came out with an announcment attacking Greek football and Marinaki, Savvidis and is people proved then (and even before) they'll just make empty threats.

I'm not against speaking out against all the corruption but we chose a game where we were servely outplayed to come out stamping our feet, when there are far more OBVIOUS incidents to speak out against. 

Today is different, today it is very obvious. The only thing I agree with Savvidis on is not sending the team to Athens there is no point. Finally put your money where you mouth is Ivan and do it. Keep the team home. Who cares anymore. Greece is a mess. Greek football is a mess. It will never change. 

• Like it 2

Olympiakos is the shame of Greece. They are destroying the Greek football since decades ago, and when something like yesterday happens, they blame the victims of their corruption.

At the end, they will remain alone. 

Give to Marinakis the 20M every year and stop this burdello called "Greek Football". 

Edited by Barcelona4
  • Like it 2

Been looking back at the game and clips. The Mak Penalty claim was definitely a penalty. Stonewall.

What do you guys think about this claim by Fortounis earlier in the match:

looks like a decent shove to me, although the camera is from a difference. had I been reffing I would have paid it.

The one on Fortounis was borderline.  It was definitely a penalty OLY fans have come to expect.  With that being said, same play with roles reversed, PAOK fans would be out of their minds....I think there were a few offenses (not penaly's) that were MUCH worse against PAOK players that were no calls, and much lighter fouls that were called in OLY's offense.  

Watching that Fortouni incident i will say definately no penalty.   He goes down way to easy, its one of those where you

signal the 'get up' motion if your the ref.    Anyway in this case the Ref is right on top of the play and gets it right. 

It's official. PAOK will not travel to Piraeus to play the return match. On top of that the minister of Sports stopped the second semifinal game from taking place and also announced the cancellation of this season's Greek Cup. 

Also during the PAE PAOK announcement by Lubos Michel that PAOK will not play the second game, the PAOK president also told reporters that Robert Mak has told PAOK people that he does not want to continue playing in Greece anymore. Since he will be punished somewhere between 4-6 games for his red card, he probably won't play any more games for the team anyway.

Also Kontonis said that if similar incidents happen in a Superleague game, than he will cancel that competition as well.

i still think a ban from European competitions would be the quickest way to clean up Greek soccer.

Sad that we'll lose Mak. He was having a great year. Shut the damn league down.

Are they cancelling the competition because they actually have a plan for Greek soccer, or just as punishment for a pitch invasion? Not that I think anything will actually be changed.