Phantis Forums

SL-R22: PAOK FC - AEP Iraklis (14-Feb-16, 19:30 GR)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpgvs Iraklis.jpg

MATCHUP:           P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki  - AE Pontion Iraklis

COMPETITION:    Superleague - Round 22

DATE:                   14-February-2016

TIME:                    19:30 GR  (17:30 GMT, 11:30 CST, 04:30 AEDT next day)

CITY/STADIUM:    Thessaloniki - Toumba Stadium (28,703)

REFEREES:          Dimitris Thanos (Grevena) - Damianos Efthimiadis (Katerini), Kosmas Charisis (Grevena)

TELEVISION:        NOVA Spoort (Greece, Cyprus, Albania, Bulgaria), Laola1.TV (worldwide except Greece, Cyprus, Albania, Bulgaria)

PAOK FC - AEP Iraklis History:

Currently there is no history between PAOK and AEP Iraklis. The team that has it's origins with AE Pontion Katerini, when it changed it's name to AEP Iraklis in 2011. The only history that exists is between PAOK and the original Iraklis Thessaloniki, which currently operates as an amateur side. 

Superleague

2010-2011:  1:0 (Vierinha) - Attendance: 13,063

2009-2010:  1:0 (Ivic) - Attendance: 13,944

2008-2009:  1:0 (Contreras) - Attendance: 15,199

2007-2008:  3:0 (Melissis, Vaggelis, Lakis) - Attendance: 11,637

2006-2007:  3:1 (Mieciel 3) - Attendance: 8,745

2005-2006:  1:0 (Mieciel) - Attendance:  no fans

Alpha Ethniki (Professional)

2004-2005:  1:0 (Feutchine) - Attendance: 7,080

2003-2004:  2:0 (Giasemis, Salpiggidis) - Attendance: 12,284

2002-2003:  0:1 - Attendance: 6,420

2001-2002:  3:0 (Giasemis, Okkas, Kafes) - Attendance: 14,788

2000-2001:  4:2 (Katsiabis, Froussos, Kafes, Konstantinidis) - Attendance: 6,392

1999-2000:  4:0 (Borbokis 2, Konstantinidis, Nalitzis) - Attendance: 11,841

1998-1999:  2:1 (Frantzeskos, Kafes) - Attendance: 11,542

1997-1998:  2:2 (Frantzeskos, Olivares) - Attendance: 9,007

1996-1997:  2:0 (Toursounidis 2 ? both p) - Attendance: 11,720

1995-1996:  1:2 (Gioukoudis-p) - Attendance: 994

1994-1995:  0:0 - Attendance: 5,305

1993-1994:  2:0 (Alexiou, Luhovy) - Attendance: 4,010

1992-1993:  0:1 - Attendance: 2,761

1991-1992:  0:3 - Attendance: 14,332

1990-1991:  2:1 (Leontiadis, Skartados) - Attendance: 10,519

1989-1990:  2:1 (Skartados-p, Anastasiadis-p) - Attendance: 13,125

1988-1989:  2:1 (Fernando 2) - Attendance: 21,967

1987-1988:  0:2 - Attendance: 24,959

1986-1987:  1:0 (Baniotis) - Attendance: 20,410

1985-1986:  1:0 (Mavromatis) - Attendance: 16,153

1984-1985:  1:1 (Dimopoulos C.) - Attendance: 32,285

1983-1984:  0:0 - Attendance: 20,785

1982-1983:  1:3 (Trimhold) - Attendance: 15,129

1981-1982:  2:2 (C. Dimopoulos 2) - Attendance: 20,126

1980-1981:  Iraklis was demoted to B Division for bribery

1979-1980:  2:1 (Vasilakos, Kermanidis) - Attendance: 22,153

Alpha Ethniki (Amateur/Semi-Professional)

1978-1979:  1:1 (Koudas) - Attendance: ?

1977-1978:  1:1 (Kermanidis) - Attendance: ?

1976-1977:  2:0 (Kermanidis, Koudas) - Attendance: ?

1975-1976:  2:2 ( Koudas, Anastasiadis-p) - Attendance: ?

1974-1975:  3:0 (Koudas, Apostolidis, Sarafis-p) - Attendance: ?

1973-1974:  1:2 (Paridis) - Attendance: ?

1972-1973:  4:1 (Koudas, Aslanidis, Foundoukidis, Sarafis) - Attendance: 34,902

1971-1972:  1:1 (Sarafis) - Attendance: 27,188

1970-1971:  0:1 - Attendance: ?

1969-1970:  1:1 (Terzanidis) - Attendance: ?

1968-1969:  1:0 (Paridis) - Attendance: ?

1967-1968:  2:0 (Sarafis, Afentoulidis) - Attendance: ?

1966-1967:  0:0 - Attendance: ?

1965-1966:  1:1 (Leandros) - Attendance: ?

1964-1965:  1:1 (Charalambidis) - Attendance: ?

1963-1964:  1:0 (Litopoulos) - Attendance: ?

1962-1963:  4:1 (Leandros, Savvidis, Giakoumis, Papadopoulos) - Attendance: ?

1961-1962:  0:1 - Attendance: ?

1960-1961:  1:1 (Vasiliadis) - Attendance: ?

In the 25th minute the PAOK goaltender  Progios was injured and could not continue.  Under the rules then, a goalie sub was not allowed, so the defender Raptopoulos (father of the Metropolis radio host) had to step into the goaltender position.

1959-1960:  2:1(?) - Attendance: ?

Panhellenic Championship

1957-1958:  5:1 () - Attendance: ?

GAMES:  53

WINS:      29

TIES:       14

LOSSES: 10

Leovac and Charisis are back practicing with the team, but I doubt if they will play.

Mystakidis is definitively out, and Klaus a strong possibility that he will miss the game as well.

And on top add the remaining 8 to 9 players that are out due to injuries.

My lineup:

-------------------- Vellidis ------------------
Kitsiou - Vitor - Chatziisaias - Tzavellas
 -------- Kace ------Tziolis ---- Cimirot ----
---- Golasa ------------------------- Pelkas -
------------------ Berbatov -----------------

Which means that he risks of getting another red card. I am sure the Iraklis coach will take this into account.

The main thing for not losing this game will be to prevent Iraklis players from feeding the ball to Vellios.

Still I don't see how we will score. I predict a scoreless draw. 

I live in australia, been invovled in football in australia can tell you about aussie players from the 80's till now. 

I by no means do not believe that antonis is good enough for paok, hes like a nathan burns, he can play very well in second division and could do ok for panthraxs and eventially get to a mid level team level like panatolikos. 

In saying that some sites were pushing antonis yesterday a surpise by tudor by starting him could be some new spark that could wake up players around him, he is fresh and tbh the way golasa and sabo have played its hard to be much worse. 

thats my two cents boys 

Sabo hasn't gotten much time anyway, and Golasa has usually been an improvement over what's been out there - especially over Tziolis in the last match. As far as Antonis goes, I would have trouble believing he's worth a start over Kace, Cimirot, Charisis, and maybe even Tziolis.

I live in australia, been invovled in football in australia can tell you about aussie players from the 80's till now. 

I by no means do not believe that antonis is good enough for paok, hes like a nathan burns, he can play very well in second division and could do ok for panthraxs and eventially get to a mid level team level like panatolikos. 

In saying that some sites were pushing antonis yesterday a surpise by tudor by starting him could be some new spark that could wake up players around him, he is fresh and tbh the way golasa and sabo have played its hard to be much worse. 

thats my two cents boys 

I've seen people on here comment about a lot of players 'they aren't PAOK standard players' please tell me WTF is a PAOK quality player. Antonis might not be the type of player who is going to dominate the midfield and win games off his own boot, but he's not exactly being kept out of the lineup by that kind of player. We keep rotating the same 4 players through the midfield and expecting different results.

The one thing Antonis has got going for him that most of our players don't have is very good decision making and a range of passing that others don't. Does he have speed? Hell no. Does he have a run all day engine? Probably not seing as he's been sitting on his butt for most of the season. But tell me, if a player had all of those things would they be at PAOK?

I think our season is at the stage where we may as well work out in a match scenario who is capable of staying and improving and who isn't. There are players who improve to be capable at every level they go to and some players who will never reach a level. But if you don't test them in the furnace of a match, how will you know?

I use the example of someone like Mile Jedinak, what did he have going for him when he left Australia? work ethic and determination, apart from that he could tackle a bit and kick lumps out of people. He kicked around Turkey and then landed at Crystal Palace, captained them to promotion and then to a top half finish in the Premier League, when he left Australia I wouldn't have thought he was PAOK standard but we'd be buggered if we could sign him now.

If I had to say which current PAOK player does Antonis resemble, I'd probably say Golasa.  He's never going to dominate a midfield, but is a useful link up player.  The worth of these sorts of players is difficult to measure because statistics alone like goals or assists won't paint them in a favourable light.  They don't have that "explosive" show like Mak or Rodrigues either.  The only way to measure them is to watch how they play.  Someone like Roy Keane back in the day, looking at statistics alone, you'd think he's the least required player in the midfield, and yet, he was the most important.

If I had to say which current PAOK player does Antonis resemble, I'd probably say Golasa.  He's never going to dominate a midfield, but is a useful link up player.  The worth of these sorts of players is difficult to measure because statistics alone like goals or assists won't paint them in a favourable light.  They don't have that "explosive" show like Mak or Rodrigues either.  The only way to measure them is to watch how they play.  Someone like Roy Keane back in the day, looking at statistics alone, you'd think he's the least required player in the midfield, and yet, he was the most important.

This is my point, if you don't play him, you'll never know, then it's just a pure waste.

Nea bafra your making antonis out to be some young gun. Kid has come from an australian league were fornaroli wqs the best player. Antonis never even owned the sydney fc midfied he showed glimpses of brillinace. To make it out antonis is a future emerton, lazaridis or grella is a emotional call.

Emerton, lazaridis and grella all smashed the local league and had part of their game that they used in europe to further excell. What does antonis have vision? Even glykos has vision to pass the ball.

Now about the comment what is paok standard..... to me its someone who has the balls to smash his role and deliver consistantly for the club, fight, spirit and attack with flair.

Sabo got too many games and is just not up to it. We all like to smasg the greek league on these forum all the time but come on he came from the slovak league and got his chance and for me he would be a top player for levadiakos.

Nea bafra your making antonis out to be some young gun. Kid has come from an australian league were fornaroli wqs the best player. Antonis never even owned the sydney fc midfied he showed glimpses of brillinace. To make it out antonis is a future emerton, lazaridis or grella is a emotional call.

Emerton, lazaridis and grella all smashed the local league and had part of their game that they used in europe to further excell. What does antonis have vision? Even glykos has vision to pass the ball.

Now about the comment what is paok standard..... to me its someone who has the balls to smash his role and deliver consistantly for the club, fight, spirit and attack with flair.

Sabo got too many games and is just not up to it. We all like to smasg the greek league on these forum all the time but come on he came from the slovak league and got his chance and for me he would be a top player for levadiakos.

so what you are saying is that we don't have a single PAOK standard player in the squad, because not a soul currently employed by the club in a playing capacity meets all those requirements. I didn't say he was some young gun, but he is capable and how do you compare someone who only trains to those guys who play? you can't.

when you put together a squad you can't make it full of right backs and wingers with noone to distribute and you can't make it full of one paced plodders like tziolis klaus and berbatov. you need a mix and right now our team sorely lacks any creative spark or decent passing. I believe antonis offers a point of difference that's it.

you don't fork over cash for a car just to not drive it. even if it is a sh1te box saravalo. if that's the case savidis may as well just do this...

burn-money.jpg

• Like it 1

so what you are saying is that we don't have a single PAOK standard player in the squad, because not a soul currently employed by the club in a playing capacity meets all those requirements. I didn't say he was some young gun, but he is capable and how do you compare someone who only trains to those guys who play? you can't.

when you put together a squad you can't make it full of right backs and wingers with noone to distribute and you can't make it full of one paced plodders like tziolis klaus and berbatov. you need a mix and right now our team sorely lacks any creative spark or decent passing. I believe antonis offers a point of difference that's it.

you don't fork over cash for a car just to not drive it. even if it is a sh1te box saravalo. if that's the case savidis may as well just do this...

burn-money.jpg

I watched him play agaisnt olympiacos volou mate hes not capable. Point made case closed for me.

Now the rest of your post is alot of salia.

I watched him play agaisnt olympiacos volou mate hes not capable. Point made case closed for me.

I happen to agree with Nea Bafra.  If you don't think the kid is good enough, why buy him ?  Or if you think he needs development, loan him out.  Having said that, we all have our opinions (and you could very well end up being right about Antonis) but there is no need to make derisive comments about others' opinions.

If you're gonna close the book after one game, then shut the door on the whole squad and buy 25 players next year.

I agree with OlympicHellas, he should be playing every week and I don't think that he's the kind of guy who can take us to whatever 'next level' people think we should be at, however [now stay with me on this one] do I think he is better or has the potential to be better than some of the plodders or guys like Pelkas who run around like headless chooks through our midfield? Yes. Is it that far fetched to think that it might be worth giving the kid 3 games [seeing as Sabo has had 10 or so] to really find out if he's got it? I'm not restricting this to just Antonis, you can add guys like Mystakidis, Charissis etc to the mix, all these guys have played under 10 games.

Play them now and find out if they are any good, if not toss them for next season and get together a proper squad. We currently have 30 senior squad players at the club and 14 out on loan, what a waste of $$$, we should be able to get by on 35 all together.

This season looked good to start off but has turned into a bourdello fast.

Edited by Nea Bafra