Phantis Forums

Friendly: Greece-Montenegro(24 March 2016, Giorgos Karaiskaki, Piraeus

Omonoia9

Just picking Pana's brain. I know. What's with no actual wingers with this squad? Karelis on the left again. Mantalo or Vellios or say Pelkas-Iceland, on the right i suppose, I don't know.

Just looking at the pros and cons, is Maniati available and match fit? If Skibbe really needs an experienced hand to hold Samari's hand deep lying, then why not pick Gianni, as he has a high tempo game. Tzioli isn't high tempo and his passing game I'm lead to believe is no better than Maniatis. Like to see Petso's game develop at this level more so.

• Like it 1

Lazaros has been playing lately and scored a goalara a couple weeks ago. He probably should have been called up.

I would rather have maniatis called up instead of Tziolis. He played well a couple weeks ago against genk, so he should be match fit.

He could be useful off the bench, since he has chemistry with samaris and fortounis. Maniatis would also stabilize things defensively.

• Like it 1

That's true. Maniatis is better than Tziolis in all aspects of the game. But I still don't know if Tachtsidis is going help in the long term. Against minnow and average teams he is a very good player. But how will he be against the stronger teams and big match situations.

Edited by Dean97

Why is it these coaches or EPO (probably the latter) insist on always having one or two call-ups that should not be anywhere near the NT?

I would go 4-4-2 with Vellios and Mitro up front.

Karnezis

Toro Sokratis Manolas Holebas

Maniatis Fortounis Tachtsidis and Petsos

Vellios Mitro

Winning lineup

Why is it these coaches or EPO (probably the latter) insist on always having one or two call-ups that should not be anywhere near the NT?

Karnezis

Vellios Mitro

Winning lineup

Karnezis

Vellios Mitro

Winning lineup

Karnezis

Vellios Mitro

Winning lineup

Karnezis

Vellios Mitro

Winning lineup

4-4-2 might be good idea like it.

you gotta put Samaris in there though. he's our best midfielder by a long shot.

yesterday they practised again with the same formation as they played against turkey. not surprised with so many cb's called up. to bad kyriakos is injured and manolas isnt 100% fit. i dont mind 3cb's but it says that they practised with tzavellas as left cb. we could expected this since we dont have real wingers called up.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/i-nea-ethniki-pou-etoimazei-o-skimpe/3152757

---------------------------------karnezis-----------------------------

------------oikonomou--------sokratis-------tzavellas-----------

torosidis---------------------------------------------------stafylidis

----------------------------------samaris-----------------------------

-----------------------mantalos---------------petsos---------------

---------------------------------fortounis-----------------------------

-------------------------------mitroglou-------------------------------

something like this. let see how they will practise today.

• Like it 1

Agreed georgelaz my bad how could I forget Samaris. So Samaris in place of Maniatis and Mantalos for Tachstidis.

I agree Amorgos. Great lineup. We`ve come a long way since Kats, Karagounis, Salpi and Tziolis. Now all we need

is some victories to boost the confidence and we`ll be OK.

• Like it 1

Agreed georgelaz my bad how could I forget Samaris. So Samaris in place of Maniatis and Mantalos for Tachstidis.

I agree Amorgos. Great lineup. We`ve come a long way since Kats, Karagounis, Salpi and Tziolis. Now all we need

is some victories to boost the confidence and we`ll be OK.

yesterday they practised again with the same formation as they played against turkey. not surprised with so many cb's called up. to bad kyriakos is injured and manolas isnt 100% fit. i dont mind 3cb's but it says that they practised with tzavellas as left cb. we could expected this since we dont have real wingers called up.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/i-nea-ethniki-pou-etoimazei-o-skimpe/3152757

---------------------------------karnezis-----------------------------

------------oikonomou--------sokratis-------tzavellas-----------

torosidis---------------------------------------------------stafylidis

----------------------------------samaris-----------------------------

-----------------------mantalos---------------petsos---------------

---------------------------------fortounis-----------------------------

-------------------------------mitroglou-------------------------------

something like this. let see how they will practise today.

If he changes Tzavellas and puts in Manolas instead that's a great lineup.

SKibbe has the right idea. Imagine Papadopoulos-Sokratis-Manolas backline; Certainly one of the best in world football.

Save Samaris, we are still fragile in midfield. Hopefully a couple of players can step up and take the reigns leading up to the WC qualifiers in September; this game of musical chairs in the middle will only spell disaster for the campaign.

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 2

You have 2 games IMO to flirt with a few different combinations this game and the Iceland game. You better have your line chosen prior to the Australia matches or any other upcoming matches. We need to start building chemistry along with a a style of play that we want to play. If we are still unsure of certain players and there roles come the summer time kiss the W/C good bye.

.......................Vellios

Karelis........Fortounis.......Mantalos

.............Samaris........Petsos

Stafylidis.............................Torosidis

...........Oikonomou...Manolas

......................Karnezis

This is what I'd do. We all know that Sokratis is our best player, so there's no point of leaving Oikonomou on the bench, he's got talent. Unfortunately Papadopoulos picked up a season long injury, what else is new LOL. Stafylidis I really like, he needs to gel into this team. Torosidis I'm not a fan of, he hasn't aged well. If it was up to me I'd play Bakakis there. Samaris is a no brainer, but I want to see what Petsos can do, he's had a better season than Tachtsidis and their the same age. Karelis' recent form since stepping into a more competitive league is undeniable, he deserves another shot. Mantalos is an excellent player, deserves to play up there. Fortounis is a no-brainer. Then, Vellios. I know that Mitroglou should be a starter based on form, but I want to give Vellio a shot. After all, I believe Vellios Is 23 while Mitroglou is 28. It's important to invest in our future, but we can't play a bunch of paithi, we need some age diversity

Edited by Ethnikos

Also, Bakasetas should have been called up, especially over Diamantakos and Papazaglou. Kapino I'm not a fan of, Dioudis should have been called up over him. Don't underrate Panionios. If they held on to their talents they'd have a great team (although their still a good team and really defied the odds this season). Also, Mystakidis deserves to play! Very diverse midfielder and I find him better than Pelkas

Edited by Ethnikos

the probable line up according to gazetta. manolas is back fit.

-------------------------------karnezis-------------------------------

----------------manolas------sokratis--------siovas--------------

torosidis-------mantalos-----samaris-----petsos-----tzavellas

-------------------------------fortounis-------------------------------

-------------------------------mitroglou------------------------------

something like this with mantalos and petsos probably a little bit more up. article says 3-5-2 but you could also say 3-5-1-1. im not a fan of siovas but lets see. and least no tziolis in that line up. i like this line up but lets hope when we attack mitro won be on an island the whole game. sometimes we need more then one body in the box if we want to score.

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/896818/ethniki-elladas-etoimi-na-gyrisei-selida