Phantis Forums

Friendly: Greece-Montenegro(24 March 2016, Giorgos Karaiskaki, Piraeus

Omonoia9

EPO announces a friendly at home to Montenegro on March 24th in Piraeus, and also 5 days later at home to Iceland, also in Piraeus. This thread covers the first one

I think we have at least 5 friendlys before the WC qualifiers start. with the australian friendlies not sure i think our friendlies add up to 5. montenegro , finland , 2 with australia and who else ?

/i think Russia

• 1 month later...

Below is a list of players from abroad that have been called up, but the whole squad has not been announced as far as I know. Also Moras is a question mark he picked up a knock last match.

The article that Tzatziki quoted is from late last week. Since then both Kyriakos and Sokratis played full matches in the Bundesliga so I'd expect them to get named as well as Mitroglou, Samaris, Karelis, Papazoglou and the GSL based players. Hopefully we'll see Vellios and Bakasetas' names on the list.

This is supposed to be a new start (rebuilding process) for the NT. Not sure what players such as Tzavellas, Tziolis, Moras are doing on the team. Also, not sure why players with limited talent are being called up either (Siovas, Diamantakos, Pelkas).

Everyone knows that Manolas, Papadopoulos and Sokratis have the CB position covered for the next 5-10 years. Siovas should not be there. Good thing that Vyntra did not get called up. I also noticed that Lazaros and Kone did not get called up.

To keep picking Tzioli, Skibbe has not got enough trust in Tachtsidis and Samaris as vision-passing type players, to play together as dm's. They would play as one at dm, while the other is at cm. They won't both be dm. Skibbe wants more experience in that zone, and he views Tzioli, unfortunately as one of these, although his passing game is not great quality. At least Petsos is still 22 years old, as is prospective Kourbelis, who must be picked in the squad, and trusted to do what he knows.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

Tziolis isn't that bad, and his playing style was never one that was perishable with age eg) strong, power shot, interceptions. So the fact that he's in his 30s in negligible.

Samaris is obviously way better though & Petsos should eventually eclipse him.

Tachtsidis is unique because he's more of a deep lying attacking midfielder like Pirlo rather than his defensive abilities (which are decent as well).

I'm very disappointed with the callups, I don't know where to begin.

Why do we need 6 cbs and 5 strikers?

Why do we only have 1 rb and 2 goalies? And where are the wingers?

Siovas, moras, and Tziolis aren't good enough.

The goalie lambrou should have been called up. An additional right back not named vyntra as well...perhaps kitsiou or bakakis?

Lazaros and/or Kaltsas to have some wingers.

Could someone tell me the type of player that bakasetas is? I mean, his playing style..