Phantis Forums

Pantelis Hatzidiakos ‒ Cagliari

Greekaroos

Pantelis Hatzidiakos or sometimes spelled Chatzidiakos is a central defender whom has just turned 19 years (DOB 18/1/97) & is with AZ Alkmaar where he made his Eredivisie debut in a 2-1 away loss againt PEC Zwolle as a 70' minute substitute on 13 December 2015. I think Pantelis Hatzidiakos was a Panathinaikos junior.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pantelis-hatzidiakos/leistungsdaten/spieler/144244#ath

Noone knows , doubt anyone follows Alkmaar's youth games. He s only played one game with the top team and I think he went in as a sub. Also he has two nationalities , Netherlands too  can play him. Generally , Netherlands have it hard with Defenders, so Im pretty sure if he is anything decent it might be a lost cause.

I didn't know he existed until AZ Alkmaar's win away to Roda JC last weekend. Being a Greek-Australian I was looking to see how the three Australians were doing at Roda JC until I noticed Pantelis Hatzidiakos with a Greek flag next to his name playing for AZ Alkmaar.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Nikitas changed the title to Pantelis Hatzidiakos - AZ Alkmaar
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He ll probably be a regular call up soon enough.

Alkmaar are having their best season since they last joined the CL in 2010. They won the league then too.

I do not rate the Netherlands League any more than the Greek one anymore. At least the top 10 teams we have in total are better than theirs. Ajax and Eindhoven are probably slightly better than Olympiakos , Aek , Paok but the rest teams are nothing very significant.

Reminder that Ajagun was a regular when he was loaned there from Pao, and he was having like 30 minutes/month in the GSL.

However, seeing players like Tsimikas and Hantzidiakos  at this age be regulars in that league is probably good because big teams buy  promising teens from this League like crazy.

Reminder that Manolas first game with the NT was at the age of 22+ and Pantelis is still only 20.

Sokratis was first called up at 20 and Retsos at 19 and I expect to Retsos nothing less than a similar career to Sokratis.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

11 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

He ll probably be a regular call up soon enough.

Alkmaar are having their best season since they last joined the CL in 2010. They won the league then too.

I do not rate the Netherlands League any more than the Greek one anymore. At least the top 10 teams we have in total are better than theirs. Ajax and Eindhoven are probably slightly better than Olympiakos , Aek , Paok but the rest teams are nothing very significant.

Reminder that Ajagun was a regular when he was loaned there from Pao, and he was having like 30 minutes/month in the GSL.

However, seeing players like Tsimikas and Hantzidiakos  at this age be regulars in that league is probably good because big teams buy  promising teens from this League like crazy.

Reminder that Manolas first game with the NT was at the age of 22+ and Pantelis is still only 20.

Sokratis was first called up at 20 and Retsos at 19 and I expect to Retsos nothing less than a similar career to Sokratis.

I don't think he needs to be called up. With Retsos and Siovas as backups to our 3 centrebacks he is not needed. I believe Retsos will have a better career than Sokratis. His market value is already at 18million and he's still 19. With his value he should always be in the national team. 

19 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I don't think he needs to be called up. With Retsos and Siovas as backups to our 3 centrebacks he is not needed. I believe Retsos will have a better career than Sokratis. His market value is already at 18million and he's still 19. With his value he should always be in the national team. 

18 million now is probably the price of Sokratis back then when goign to Milan or Werder.

Mbappe and Neymar reaching 200+ mill but Honest opinion, they re not even gonna be close to what Ronaldo is.

The money are nothing currently. Teams are spending too much. He sure looks like he ll be an elite CB  though.

• Like it 1

On 30/12/2017 at 7:19 AM, Dean97 said:

Skibbe doesn't even call up Siovas to begin with so why not calling up Hatzidiakos instead of Kolovetsios and Koutroubis?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Argy changed the title to Pantelis Hatzidiakos ‒ AZ Alkmaar
  • 4 weeks later...

Hatzidiakos is just a few minutes away from the Dutch Cupfinal. They are leading 4-0 against FCTwente. 

He is playing very decent as AZ does as a whole. AZ Alkmaar has the second best defence in The Dutch Eredivisie (24 conceeded in 25 games)

Even if he can, we don`t need to force feed players positions anymore. Right now, we already have Retsos that is a CB and can play RB, and he is much better than Hatzidiakos. Vs Croatia, we had Maniatis, Zeca and Retsos playing out of position, and although 2/3 fared pretty well individually, all things considered, the team was in shambles. This isnt a sustainable solution and we need to start developing and playing guys in their natural positions.

All that said, in Retsos' case, if he is truly our best option at RB right now, then he should start in that position, also considering he has three bulls in front of him in the CB pecking order. He is an exception rather than the rule. 

• Like it 2

• Dutch Eagle changed the title to Pantelis Hatzidiakos ‒ Cagliari