Phantis Forums

GK-R16-Leg 2: PAOK FC - AEL Kalloni (14-Jan-16, 17:15 GR)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpgvs Kalloni.jpg

MATCHUP:          P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki - A.E.L.Kallonis

COMPETITION:   Greek Cup - Round of 16 - Leg 2

DATE:                   14-January-2016

TIME:                    17:15 GR  (15:15 GMT, 09:15 CST, 02:15 AEDT next day)

CITY/STADIUM:  Thessaloniki - Toumba Stadium (Capacity: 28,703)

REFEREES:            Giorgos Kominis (Thesprotia) - Koula Hasan (Xanthi), Giannis Sipkas (Pella)

TELEVISION:        OTE Sport TV (Greece), Antenna Satellite (USA/Canada), Antenna Pacific (Australia), Laola1.TV (Worldwide)

Following the debacle last week in Mitilini, instead of resting some players in this game, we are forced to play our best in order to qualify to the next stage.

Kace (again) and Olsen left out of the squad. Not looking good for Olsen, and dare I say Kace may struggle to find his way back into the 11 if Cimirot and Xarisi keep up there form. They both are far better on the ball than he is and provide similar "hustle" 

I'm REALLY curious to know what happened with Kace.  It can't strictly be a performance thing.  We've got a bunch of games coming up, so if he's not put in to rest other players in the coming 10 days, then there is definitely more to the story. Mayeb we have a bunch of offers for him, and don't want to get him injured before he signed?  Didn't he just fire his agent?  I'm such a freaking kotsombola when it comes to this s%$#!, lol...

:: snaps fingers ::

YOU GO, GIRL

Kace (again) and Olsen left out of the squad. Not looking good for Olsen, and dare I say Kace may struggle to find his way back into the 11 if Cimirot and Xarisi keep up there form. They both are far better on the ball than he is and provide similar "hustle" 

You're not making me feel anxious by saying that - if Charisis and Cimirot are better players, then by all means let them play!

• Like it 1

Tudor is taking big risk leaving Olsen off the squad for tomorrow. Melissis is inexperienced and was quite shaky in the first game. Hope we don't get burned.

Kace and Malezas also left off the squad.

Here are the players for tomorrow's game:

so basically we are looking at

----------------- Melissas --------------

Kitsiou - Vitor - Tzavellas - Leovac

------- Cimirot -------- Charisis ------

Jairo -----------  Pelkas -------- Mak

------------- Athanasiadis -------------

It's only one game but we certainly looked a lot more comfortable using a 4-2-3-1. Hope Tudor sees that

I've never been a fan boy of any particular system.  Use what suits your squad, and change according to your opponent.  Having said that, the 4-2-3-1 on the weekend gave us lots of width.  The right flank with Kitsiou/Jairo and the left with Leovac/Mak worked well.  It also meant Jairo/Mak could concentrate on attacking without having to worry so much about their defensive duties since they had a full back behind them.  Having said that, Charisis and Cimirot were excellent.  I am keen to see them play together in the middle again.  Please stay injury free ....

• Like it 1

I've always been a fan of having a lone striker, with a playmaker behind him and 2 wingers....then 2 strong midfielders behind them.  Cimirot and Charisis played well, but I'm not hanging my hat on 1 good performance.  I don't mind our back line...I just wish Kitsiou had more playtime leading up to the game.