Phantis Forums

Domestic Terrorism

Guest PastMember

You people don't understand the Greek mentality it seems. You seem to be brainwashed by your own western nations that you come from, lapping up everything they say about Greece which in reality is none of their business. They do things in there politically correct way which is heavily corrupted and Greeks do things their own way

very backward greek way of trying to justify the inexcusable...

these acts of criminal terror have no place in Greece or anywhere else...

what is this supposed greek mentality?  some mysterious form of human life that no one seems to want understand...and a bunch of radicals claim to support..

• Like it 1

You people don't understand the Greek mentality it seems. You seem to be brainwashed by your own western nations that you come from, lapping up everything they say about Greece which in reality is none of their business. They do things in there politically correct way which is heavily corrupted and Greeks do things their own way

MOD EDITED

Tell us then from which enlightened nation you hail

• 1 month later...

Left wing home terror group. 

And everyone gets mad at Golden dawn 

Apparently this group has not caused anyone bodily harm, GD love to kick peoples asses. The two groups are not really comparable.

Edited by Tzatziki

• 4 weeks later...

I know what terrorism means as I said above already. But this amount of violence on a daily basis is terror as well, the only difference is that it does not really have a political component as far as I can tell.  

Terrorism is quite defined:

The unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

That is a weird definition. You could say that modern Greece was founded by terrorism since the Ottomans never authorized the upheaval. 

Then again if you argue that revolutions aren't terrorism then what's to say that any actions of a terrorist aren't revolutionary? 

• Like it 1

• 1 month later...
Deadly Suicide Bombing Hits Istanbul

56ed52ab1e0000b300704b3d.jpeg

A suicide bomber killed four people and wounded 36 on Istanbul?s main pedestrian shopping street on Saturday. 

It was the fourth suicide attack in Turkey this year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/istanbul-suicide-bombing_us_56ed5234e4b084c67220640c?ir=Canada&section=ca_canada&utm_hp_ref=canada

• 3 weeks later...

The whole N17 seemed pretty fishy, I mean here you have a supposed head of the organization arrested, an organization that eluded capture for what, two decades or something? And this guy they arrest who is supposed to be one of the top guys, spills all the beans about the whole group? I dunno...but Sheriff, N17 is not glorified by many like you say, not even in a country like Greece.

Personally I sympathize with many types of populist movements, however when you kill or physically harm people you lose the moral high ground. Beyond that even you have to maintain your dignity and physical assaults or murdering people is wrong and can be counter-productive or alienate people who might otherwise be sympathetic to the cause. You become what you denounce or are fighting against, I understand the people who want their pound of flesh but for me there are better means. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...