Phantis Forums

Protest in Leoforos on Wednesday

Giourkas

^ will the league punish all transgressors equally?

Nobody is trying to condone the violence... Quite the opposite. But to defeat it, you must first understand the root of all the unrest.

If one team constantly gets slapped on the wrist, and the other gets the book slammed at it, it's only normal for a portion of the fanbase to lash out... (And let's for a moment pretend that this was not planned and anticipated by the apateona Savidi).

What do you think of Gate 13 taking measures in its own hands and I.D.ing the firework culprits? Are they "Che-type revolutionaries"? Personally, I think they deserve to be there...

Edited by Giourkas
  • Like it 5

I swear, it's as if some of you don't even bother reading posts and type up things that fit your narrative.. Read what people here thought about the violence before you preach the righteousness that so you evidently think we need to "see".

Is he wrong too?

interview with Saravakos one of the most respected Greek players

-

Edited by Giourkas

kai ti na poune re megale? oti ta kanane sk@ta?

mia zoi Xronia auta tha vlepoume!

tha trone to xapaki san xanoi kai tha tin plironei monimos i omada!

na tous vraso tis 13 kai euxomai THN DIALYSH TOYS KAI SYNTOMA MALISTA!

EINAI ENAS AROSTOS FOREAS POY EPIFEREI TA KAKISTA YIA TO SYLLOGO!

STON AGYRISTO H 13 KAI OLA TA MASTOYROMENA KOPROSKYLA!

Edited by Lamiara ole

I think what's going on is all sides are playing their cards. Interestingly, they haven't announced what would happen as far as penalties, etc. against PAO. The club is negotiating and threatening to bring its fans out in protest. This can get out of control, so I guess they're all trying to figure out what to do next.

I'm also guessing that Alafouzos cancelled this because he was offered something by Kontonis.  We'll see.

I hope this is a turning point for Greek football. It's an opportunity for the other clubs who have been discriminated against to raise their voices. This league is nothing "super" or even legitimate.

the point you are forgetting is that normal greeks don't protest in this manner...

the violent minority have been able to gain some sort of 'credibility' by the masses by behaving in this manner in all manner of greek society.....these 'protests' 'riots' are an extension of the civil problems with greek society....and law and order..

if anyone thinks that these criminals care about Football or Olympiakos are seriously mistaken....  civil disobedience is a greek acceptable behaviour....and people here who claim to be above all this are condoning criminal behaviour under the guise of 'club colours'  and 'fighting justice for the greater good'.....yet you would not tolerate this form of protest in other parts of the world for 'similar causes'...

i have said many times in the old forum site...you could transplant the EPL in Greece ...players/stadiums/money and relegate OSFP to 4th division and a 10 year ban of promotion...yet within 3-5 years the league/supporters/clubs/politicians will take it back to what it is today..

• Like it 1

Explain then why Panathinaikos supporters would cause so much destruction and chaos, BEFORE the game has even started, as to make it worse for their team by copping fines, deducting points and playing behind closed doors while benefiting Olympiakos by canceling the game and giving them extra rest for the Champions League. 
Explain, because I don't understand how you naively believe this is just "Green fans going crazy" because "derby", when under worse circumstances the game has played on and they caused no trouble. 

This whole incident was negative for Panathinaikos and only positive for Olympiakos. 

It's always this transcendental "violent minority" that causes problems, yet for decades, it's unable to be dealt with. And while every other club in the league falters and is destroyed only one remains "squeaky clean". Every year some bullshit happens that makes it extraordinarily worse than the previous year and nothing is ever done. And it's always this one team that comes out on top because of the Champions League money. 

In basketball we have healthy competition between multiple top teams, we can even win European titles, AND have a strong national team. 
In football the competition has slumped from around 2004-2008. No competition, every other team got weaker, the league got weaker, no Greek talent, and our national team is s%$#!. Yet this still isn't enough for major overhaul because "this is Greece", "this is the Greek mentality", "every team is just s%$#! except for Olympiakos". 
Maybe we should let the Greek Basketball Association run the entire f***en country then, including the Soopa Doopa League, or clean up this cesspool of s%$#! that is passed off as a footballing competition. 

• Like it 2

This kind of violence hurts the teams, the particular sport, and the fans. So, let's see, PAO will now have to pay $100,000 to fix Leoforos, ontop of whatever fines from the league, possible points deductions, etc. 

Berg and others are disgusted by this and now want to leave. I wouldn't be surprised if they do so in January.

I was hanging out with a couple friends on Saturday to watch the Real-Barca game, but I was sneaking peeks into the PAO-Oly game situation. It was embarrassing. Outsiders see the situation as we would see it if such events were happening in a Third World country, dismissing the idiocy of the people involved as primitive and uncivilized.  Well, are they right? :huh:

• Like it 1

All this focus on the "hooligans" is a ploy to distract from the fact that Kontoni was communicating with Marinakis.. You know, the the heroine dealing fat F*** who is NOT supposed to involve himself with Gavs FC. Wake up!!!

And the cops are not "criminally irresponsible", they are "criminally on the take/work for the Gavs"... (Kindly refer to the head of security at Rizoupoli and what his position became after that war zone of a day...

Edited by Giourkas
  • Like it 2

Explain then why Panathinaikos supporters would cause so much destruction and chaos, BEFORE the game has even started, as to make it worse for their team by copping fines, deducting points and playing behind closed doors while benefiting Olympiakos by canceling the game and giving them extra rest for the Champions League. 

Explain, because I don't understand how you naively believe this is just "Green fans going crazy" because "derby", when under worse circumstances the game has played on and they caused no trouble. 

This whole incident was negative for Panathinaikos and only positive for Olympiakos. 

It's always this transcendental "violent minority" that causes problems, yet for decades, it's unable to be dealt with. And while every other club in the league falters and is destroyed only one remains "squeaky clean". Every year some bullshit happens that makes it extraordinarily worse than the previous year and nothing is ever done. And it's always this one team that comes out on top because of the Champions League money. 

In basketball we have healthy competition between multiple top teams, we can even win European titles, AND have a strong national team. 

In football the competition has slumped from around 2004-2008. No competition, every other team got weaker, the league got weaker, no Greek talent, and our national team is s%$#!. Yet this still isn't enough for major overhaul because "this is Greece", "this is the Greek mentality", "every team is just s%$#! except for Olympiakos". 

Maybe we should let the Greek Basketball Association run the entire f***en country then, including the Soopa Doopa League, or clean up this cesspool of s%$#! that is passed off as a footballing competition. 

what a ridiculous post....

1) these fans do not care about football.

2) these criminals are not PAO fans...they are the same malakes that burn Athens ...just that they wear green scarfs at football stadiums..

3) the basketball is a joke too....... they continuously play pao v osfp basketball derbies behind closed doors for the same moronic reasons..

they have played basketball cup finals in suburban halls in the presence of 100 school children to avoid the same riots...

4) the reason why our top basketball clubs do better in Europe than they do in football is very simple..

A) not too many countries care nor take basketball seriously..its a minor sport in England, Holland, Germany..etc

B) its a matter of $$$

to be successful in European basketball you need to spend xxx$$$$$...PAO, OLY spend xx$$$$$

to be successful in European football you need to spend....xxxxyyyzzzz$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

greek clubs spend xxx$$$$

I get why people are disgusted by favoritism, corruption and treated unfairly by the state.  Still, no one has the license to destroy private and public property and threaten people's lives. This includes the incompetent police and those who are in charge of law and order.

This bullshit is endemic of Greek society and must stop. In the end, it's Greeks hurting Greeks and the country (including its image), more so than anyone else outside Greece. 

Frankly, if nobody bothered to show up for 1 year, I bet you none of this bullshit would be going on today. Same with a lot of other stuff in politics. Who elects those crooks and who believes their crap? But, in a way, it's become the culture of modern Greece to complain about everything, believe in magical solutions, being selfish, while no one really wants to fix things by changing themselves first.

I'm disgusted by what's going because I care, but I'm also disgusted by the small-mindedness of so many people. It's a culture that has to change. 

• Like it 2