Phantis Forums

Panthrakikos vs AEK

Original 21

Nothing needs to win, go out there to prove a point and win. No excuses. This is the first game we are going to be seeing "Poyet's team". The lineup is set for the game for the most part

---------------------------Baroja

Galo-----Kolovetsios---------Arzo-----Soiledis

--------------Simoes------------Johanson--------

------------------------Mantalos---------------------

Barbosa-------------Djebour--------Buononotte

Didac is out Injured. Win the game. That is all.

This game was so hard to watch I couldn't even force my self to crack a smile during our second goal. What a terrible performance by "Poyiet's AEK"

I never thought I would see the day that AEK would have to play with 3 CB's against the last team in the league. 

Yet another idiot coach who walks into Greece thinking he can force the team to play a formation the team is not capable of playing. Before a coach is given a job the second or third question should always be "do you ever plan on playing 4-3-3 an will you force feed it to us?" Buonnanotte is not a winger, Aravidi is not a winger, and Barbosa does not play on the right. Whats so hard to understand? Why is Platella not playing?

As far as the players are concerned:

- This is at least Mandalos' 3rd tragic game in a row. Besides the penalty, his errors were frustrating to watch. 

- Buonnanotte is not the type of player I like to see and it hurts me to say it but the guy reminds me of paper mario on the field. He has no presence off the ball and gets blown off the ball with ease. That tet-a-tet he blew by tripping was another example of his lack of conditioning. I don't know how you could be so light weight and have absolutely no stamina. Platella is a small guy too but he actually has a presence on the field, it doesn't look like we're watching a five year old play. 

- Aravidi needs to stop trying to make out with the opponent and giving out hugs and focus on being a soccer player. His passing was tragic today, his runs were tragic. It was like he wasn't even there. 

- Djebbour has easily gained 15 lbs 

- Artho's pre-game comments were a disgrace. He needs to be let go immediately. 

- Cordero is a breath of fresh air and class that we lack at times and he needs to slowly start seeing more time.

Honestly I'm glad Poyiet's contract isn't longer. I really don't see this guy impressing. It pains me to say it but I'm really not liking what we are seeing thus far. 

I didnt see the game, but jesus christ some of you need to chill, its the guy's 2nd game in charge and already questioning the guy and stating I'm glad he only got a 1 year contract after 1/2 games is alarming..., give him some time to get a feel for the team and workout what needs to be done. We dont have the best of teams in fact we have a very unbalanced team and tbh have done well so far in the season.

From what I have read it wasnt the best of performances but at the end of the day results is what matters at the end of the day. Let Poyet get a few under his belt and then he can focus on the performance. Would yous rather play beautiful football but not win? I'm sure both can be done but its still early days, the reason for that would be the lack of games we play, so far this season we have played 2/3 games then a long break, 2/3 games and then a long break again. No time for the team to get properly connected and gelled. There's only so much you can do in training.

I agree Mandalos' performances have been below par since returning from injury, I'm sure game time will sort that out, the lack of games we play is not helping, either does playing vs our U20s.........

Boys relax the boys had 2 weeks off due to International matches, give Poyet time he cant get everything right in 3 weeks.

I agree with Dikefale, would you rather play beautiful football and lose? It says a lot when a team plays bad yet still get the 3 points.

We are still a good 3-4 players short of a strong squad and I am sure he will bring a few players in, so patience is what we need boys.....

Did you hear what he said?! When asked if he was nervous for his debut he said he wasn't nervous because he has nothing to prove to anyone, if Della didn't trust him that was his problem, and that he has already proven himself playing on many top flight teams. 

Is that the type of player you want on our squad? Someone who feels like hes doing us a favor and that he has nothing to prove to us or our coach? Who does he think he is?

If you're going to say some s%$#! like that, don't open your mouth at all. Its simple. Maybe he thinks because he played in Israel that he's Moses or something, Idk.....If I were president I'd make my players go through PR training haha Lets see if he can shut me up with his performances in the coming weeks. 

I don't think what he said is bad to be honest, just shows his confidence since he hasn't played all season....

I saw Diego's one on one that field was terrible the ball bobbled up on him and it did the same a couple times to Baroxa is goals, but I must say if that was an Oly player in Diego's shoes it would've been a penalty and a red to the defender LOL :)

If all honesty he gets that chance at OAKA or on a decent pitch he would score, that ground was terrible today but you get this when you go to small teams like this one..

Their coach killed it though he came out and said his team were a bigger team than AEK, his team who hasn't won a game yet this season, ti m#$%!s ine, but wouldn't expect less as he is a bitch of Marinakis