Phantis Forums
Reaper

The revolution has begun - Michael Skibbe

I don't agree fans stop watching because they were fed up with player selection or EPO etc..

Fans stopped going because they are apathetic and socially impotent...

Greece NT has never had good support....Greek fans pick and choose when they go....to club matches...again they are socially impotent and apathetic..

Even in the 'good days'...only 5000 and 7000 turned up to watch us play friendlies v Denmark and Italy...totally unacceptable..

as were the ridiculous excuses people on these forums were creating at the time for the poor turn out..

As much as I was impressed by the players attitude v. Australia..I think it needs to be put into context...Australia are nowhere near at the level we are seeing at euro 2016..

A few here Aussie-Greeks have over estimated the level of aussie soccer due to bias and familiarity ...a lot of C grade players playing in British lower leagues and A League football nobodies gained a lot of stature in the minds of many after thumping wins v.Tajikistan and Bangladesh....

I don't agree fans stop watching because they were fed up with player selection or EPO etc..

Greece NT has never had good support....Greek fans pick and choose when they go....to club matches...again they are socially impotent and apathetic..

Even in the 'good days'...only 5000 and 7000 turned up to watch us play friendlies v Denmark and Italy...totally unacceptable..

as were the ridiculous excuses people on these forums were creating at the time for the poor turn out..

As much as I was impressed by the players attitude v. Australia..I think it needs to be put into context...Australia are nowhere near at the level we are seeing at euro 2016..

A few here Aussie-Greeks have over estimated the level of aussie soccer due to bias and familiarity ...a lot of C grade players playing in British lower leagues and A League football nobodies gained a lot of stature in the minds of many after thumping wins v.Tajikistan and Bangladesh....

Greeks like to be inspired. I believe there was point after the Euro 2004 where that energy could have be harnessed. But the immediate loss to Albania and not making the next tournament destroyed that because the squad was not refreshed. I doubt with the selections the EPO makes we will ever see this again..

There was actually more energy before Euro 2004. Greeks really started abandoning the Greek NT after the US World Cup.

Regardless WTF they do and how pissed we get they're my team through the good and the bad. Now as far as Skibbe is concerned I'm pretty sure most people were upset when he got hired myself included, we know there were better candidates out there, we also know Tsanas had to be part of the equation, it SUCKS but that's how it is for now. I'm not crazy about Skibbe with his selections so far BUT I think he deserves at least until the WQ campaign for us to judge him fairly. It's not like he took over a team that was flying high, he took over a team that was and is at its all time low, there's not one coach that can come here and fix us with one game as it's going to take some time. We are still going to judge his decisions going forward as we are fans and that's our job, but let's give him until at least half the WQ campaign to see what he can do.

Reaper,

That Russia video is one of my favourites.  From the voice of the commentator who sounds like he's been sucking on helium, and the priceless look on the Russian GK at ~1m 25s in the video.

Ha ha, great times.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 2

So Skibbe got a new job... Under 19’s at Dortmund 

• Like it 1

That is his real level. He could have remained until the end of the Nations League.

Edited by La Mendel

46 minutes ago, La Mendel said:

That is his real level. He could have remained until the end of the Nations League.

He should’ve been sacked before the nations league. 

• Like it 1