Phantis Forums
Reaper

The revolution has begun - Michael Skibbe

So it was a poor start. However, considering the Greek media are Germanophiles - I think whatever the results, he has a good few years before anyone dares question his choices in written media. 

Skibbe is a Yes man as well and it showed in his first game. The idiot doesnt play anywhere close to line up that one us our first game in so long, instead he plays the guys that would make the EPO happy that have no business on this corrupt team. He has one more chance to prove me wrong with his line up selection against the Turks. If it's the same s%$#! I'm giving up hope on this team as it will not improve. Have balls Skibbe stand up and pick the team you want and don't listen to Tsanas and the EPO. If you lose they will fire you anyways just like Raniari if you win by going on your own and doing it your way then shame on them if they fire you, but you will get paid anyways.

Skibbe has a terrible record cannot believe we have picked a bloke that has failed throughout his career. He's like a C-grade Ranieri FFS fking dumb Germano. I give him 3 months max.

...guess if Michael Skibbe doesn't work out, he can always coach Manchester UTD and win the EPL. Ranieri is about to do this with Leicester.. .supercoach.

• Like it 1

His resume does not really inspire confidence... who makes these decisions anyhow?

giati ta penvto-xilliara thev eivai petsetakia?

I think this coach is going in the right direction with 3-5-2 as it suits the current best Greek national team players.

Our right & left backs are more like wing-backs than traditional right & left backs. We have three very good world class central defenders whom when fit & healthy can play in any league so why leave one out. Our strikers are more effective when our wide players are giving them good service with crosses in the right areas.

The national teams end of season tour of Australia will be very important as the coach will have a lot more time to work & get the team understand his system without club commitments etc.

I WASN'T COUNTING EVERY SINGLE MORON...

But there are some people with coaching experience in good leagues...and good brains..in theory it's a good thing..

Skibbe basically said he wants clubs to have B sides. Something that should have happened in Greece years ago.

All the managers there were very civilised and there was a good spirit at the meeting.

So what now? Does the team not get together again until the next friendly in June? Is Skibbe just going to be attending games to watch players? After the way the played so far if they only have 2 or 3 more games until the WC then there's no way we can fix this mess in such a short time span. I wish the NT would be able to meet and practise together a little more frequently. Unfortunately I don't think there's enough time to fix this team in time maybe a realistic goal should be the EQ.

All national teams are severely limited in the amount of time they have together. The clubs come first, as they should. Skibbe not having any games to coach in the meantime is not his fault.

It's absolutely not his fault but the reason I'm asking is because this Greece team is long way away of turning this around and only a few games and practices is no where near enough time to change this in time for the WC. We still are up in the air with our strikers with our midfielders with our formation and getting guys to play that actually give a s%$#! and not to mention our defence has been brutal as well. I think we need a lot of time to get things sorted out before we can compete again.

So after this latest game and with the Turkey EPO debacle, his record with the Greek NT is:

Played 5:

Lost 4

Won 1

As I predicted, with Tsanas next to him, he would continue to select terrible players and the Greek media would still back him - as they are doing after this latest defeat.

X7HP3Wx.png?1

^thats not good altough i was happy with the 0-0 result vs turkey. also zero clean sheets. with the current epo they both wont go anywhere. after the next australia match the testing should stop and he should field the best line up and a formation that suits us best wich is more defending wise.

So after this latest game and with the Turkey EPO debacle, his record with the Greek NT is:

Played 5:

Lost 4

Won 1

As I predicted, with Tsanas next to him, he would continue to select terrible players and the Greek media would still back him - as they are doing after this latest defeat.

X7HP3Wx.png?1

Absolutely pathetic. I don't know why we are even optimistic about the World Cup when we look at this record and how we've played. There is no clear EVIDENCE that this team has turned the corner YET we are optimistic. Maybe the bottom line is that we just truly SUCK, how can it be all 4 coaches fault that we've gone through? The we we are playing in the last 2years maybe we should focus on beating Estonia and not worry so much about Bosnia. Pathetic record. Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1

We said the same thing about the previous 3 coaches.. At some point we need to realize it's the team NOT the coach. We need to stop the excuses and realize we are s%$#!

You have dortmunds centre back. Seria players all over the park. And u lose to a team whos best player plays in china.

Yeah mate blame the quality lol

You have dortmunds centre back. Seria players all over the park. And u lose to a team whos best player plays in china.

Yeah mate blame the quality lol

That is the problem, Lazaros may be an eternal substitute in Seria A, but Giannotas of the Cypriot League and Fetfatzidis of some arab desert are better players.

Personally I think Postecoglou would be the best coach to lead Greece. He'll get to work with better calibre players and he can get them playing his system.

• Like it 2

Depends on if he is willing to let Tsanas tell him to who select.. Schuster wasn't convinced by that idea, why would Postecoglou be if he is a serious coach?

Okay guys Raneri didn't listen to Tsanas, and either did The other coach, it's the players NOT the coach. F*** guys we did field some okay line ups in the EQ but still got humiliated, tinkering with one player should not make or break this team and fielding our B line up should have even beaten FI or Luxembourg. Realistically you could have had a donkey as a coach and we still should have advanced to the EQ with the teams we played. I'm done blaming the coaches it OUR team that sucks.