Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Original 21

Gustavo Poyet

If Vaggela spent 100k on transfers would crucify him. Our fans were ungrateful enough to boo Socrati even... and the man brought us out of the petrina xronia.

Well now people can understand why he was so pushy toward AEK and didn't want to wait until we were ready, I did say that he had an offer from someone else.

Maybe he did with us who knows but its not half obvious what he was trying to do, seems he never wanted to stay and why would he in this s%$#! League where cancelled games can happen 24 hours before a kickoff and if he did want to stay it would've been for the money only ($2.5mill) which is what he is said to be getting as Betis.

What does he plan to prove in La Liga with Betis? Get within 35 points Barca instead of 40? Europe which he has no chance of if you ask me but goodluck to him wish him all the best

Atleast with AEK he would most likely have Europe to play in also, but being La Liga im sure it entices many coaches to go there and test themselves in one of the best leagues in the world

Well there was also an offer from Nottingham Forest even though they are in the Championship. Look maybe he sees it as "if I do well with Betis I can get a better gig in Spain" who knows but from what everyone has been saying and bagging AEK and Meli people need to realise he was never going to stay and if he did it explains why he asked for that amount of money....

There is no serious coach that will take a job with no transfer budget to work with, let's not kid ourselves guys.

I'm not sure what you mean, can you elaborate?

14 hours ago, Dikefale11 said:

He was sacked earlier this month, 11 points from 11 games.

Kala na pathi, too big for his boots.

But in the end he was 100% right about everything that he said, especially when he called out Melissanidis for being cheap and a fraud. Our team's a disaster right now and if Poyet was here we'd be in much better shape. 

No but we would have been spared from the disaster that was Ketsbaia. Ketsbaia will go down as the worst coach in AEKs history given the squad he had and his horrific game preparations, tactical work, and pre season fitness training. If Poyet didn't leave we wouldn't been in this mess. 

I agree on avoiding the disaster, Ketsbaia was just clueless when it came to tactical style and making subs during the game.

I would rather have Dellas back any day in all honesty, he would do very well with this talent we got.

If Morais doesnt work out, which I hope he does, we need an AEKTZIE in charge who knows what AEK is all about, I would take Dellas back.