Phantis Forums

Gustavo Poyet

Original 21

He has ambition guys and its nothing bad in my eyes that he says he wants to go back to the EPL because which coach wouldn't want to coach in the EPL?

One thing we should be happy with is the actual fact Sky Sports came and did this interview as it gives AEK great exposure as a club and gives hope we can attract players and also a different coach of Poyet quality if he does go.

I don't think Meli would just let him go easily especially since the work he has done and the way the team's playing, AEK as a unit under Poyet have belief and confidence and have shown great consistency with our results, something we lacked under Dellas.

If Poyet doesn't stay on next year with us, the first player I expect him to take wherever he goes is Simeos, he loves everything about him from his interview.

Meli needs to make a stand and tie down Poyet because if he doesn't we start from scratch with another new coach, not a bad thing but why bring in a new coach when it will take a few weeks for the players to understand his style when you have Poyet there and the players already know him and his style.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how true it is but if we do get a ban from UEFA doesn't that affect players contracts? Meaning they become void and they could all leave for free?

s%$#! situation to be in, as much as a ban would help clean the league many teams will suffer loss of players and also revenue.

Lets see what happens at this meeting tonight

I doubt Tiger can keep him with no European football. Tiger backing Kontonis' Cup ban was basically good bye Poyet.

If Valencia make him an offer, he's going regardless of whether AEK is in Europe or not.  Let's be real.

How?

Will open a lot of peoples eyes in regards to the state of the league and may actually do something about it, officiating etc.

I also believe Marinakis would not stick around.

Lets just say no Europe is not the worst thing that could happen IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

So, so disappointed. In my opinion he was a great coach for AEK, had passion and could attract good players to the club (if he had any money to spend). I understand AEK can't over spend, but this is bullshit. Poor decision but a club and league that is a joke. Hopefully no future signings ask Poyet how the SuperLeague is....

Thank you Gustavo for igniting passion in the team, playing good football and giving us a top 3 finish!

Thank you Gustavo for igniting passion in the team, playing good football and giving us a top 3 finish!

Let's not get carried away, in most games under Poyet we couldn't string together three passes in a row. We weren't playing good football, just smart football. He still did better than any other coach could do with this roster.