Phantis Forums

Greek tv android

• 2 weeks later...

I have had Android TV now for 18 months......

It is great. Tons of movies, old TV shows and all the Greek Channels you can watch.

Live from Greece of course. Also have Greek TV programs from previous weeks saved just in case you missed them.

Cloud TV is another great APP. Has many Greek & Cypriot channels. Excellent quality.

You may want to cancel your  Greek channels from your cable and satellite providers after viewing them from your device.

:tup:

Edited by mike0257

I've had it for a few months, it's brilliant, also got to watch olympiakos v dinamo Zagreb live on ert1 as I think they have the rights to olympiakos CL home games, watched a few of greeces miserable World Cup qualifiers on mega as well. As far as live Greek channels and movies/TV shows you can't go wrong.

Another app on Kodi called sports devil, it's a bit hit and miss in regards to Greek super league games but I've watched a few, even watched a few second division games from Greece as well, you won't get ote or nova, however the nova catchup channels

you receive update with highlights packages as soon as games are completed which is perfect for waking up on a Monday morning when you can't watch in the middle of the night in Australia, you also get the nova TV shows which are pretty in depth.

Where do I find this cloud TV? I recommend Hellenic TV in combination with this Greek live ap as well, I know a lot of Cypriots were complaining that Hellenic TV wasn't playing riksat and a few others but this one does...using both is Greek heaven.

I picked up an android box from a seller here in Melbourne, being completely clueless a few months ago I got it pre loaded but now I'm learning how do stuff on my own, the box is basically plug and play, it will cost you anywhere between $80 to $250 depending on what box you get and who you get it from, I stumbled upon this at a mall shopping place in Melbourne, saw lots of Greeks checking it out, decided to investigate and next thing I know I had a little box in my hands lol. Using it is fairly simple and it's not just for Greek...forget Netflix and cable TV you can pretty much watch every movie and the majority of TV shows ever made, the new ones as soon as they air overseas. I've cut out most of the channels on Foxtel and just kept the sport, the box has sport as well with lots of channels but they can be a bit hit and miss.

As far as the Greek stuff highly recommend it if your from Australia, basically every program that's on live gets programmed into the system under a TV shows/news section, to give you an eg you have a popular show like brousko on ant1..this airs live in oz at 6am/9pm in Greece....not to worry about 2 hours later it will be available in the TV shows section when you click on brousko....it's just very convenient. Best money I've ever spent and cut my cable bill by a huge amount.

Also coverage of epl is excellent with games in good quality, something to think about with Foxtel having lost the rights.

Edited by Greekoz

That's the type of box amorgos, that's an m8s, I have the m8., I have no idea which boxes are better but so far I'm happy with mine.

Sheriff, pre loaded means that the Greek stuff and the other goodies are already installed on the box for you, if you are tech savvy you could do it yourself, boxes that are pre loaded will cost you more most likely. Your ert box is a sattelite box and is worthless now, the android boxes are pretty small you can carry them around and plug and play wherever you want really provided an Internet connection exists.

It's a bit of a grey area in terms of legality, technically it's not because you aren't downloading what your watching, you're streaming it, the guy that I got it from promotes it in the middle of a popular Melbourne shopping mall and sits there showing people playing with the remote all day, so it's not like it's top secret undercover stuff.

To run the Greek channels and to be able to watch TV shows/movies you will need at least an adsl internet connection, preferably adsl2...this should be able to run medium quality content but live sport will most likely buffer, if you have cable internet you will be able to watch hd streams with ease. You can watch movies on here that are at the cinemas now!

The advantage I have with the guy that sold it to me is that he can update my box with the latest updates every few months, took it into him last week and he did it in about 20 minutes, now it's working even better, beware if you are purchasing off eBay, if you aren't tech savvy and you run into problems it might be a struggle for you, if you live in Melbourne or Sydney you should be able to find places selling these easily.

Edited by Greekoz

Grey-market is putting too positive a spin on it.

Beware these options - none of them are guaranteed in any way shape or form, and the channels that most stand to lose from these (subscription ones, like Nova) actively try to curtail (read: shut down) the use of these streams. The hardware that is used is often very out of date, I've seen multiple boxes that were supplied by "Mitso's friend Saki in Germany who knows what he's doing." Only to open them up and discover that they were state of the art back in 2001 and required the use of a DVI-HDMI adapter.

On the plus side, if it's worth it to you to spend a hundred bucks on a few months' worth of shitty Greek TV, then give it a shot. You might luck out and have it last for a while.

Amorgiggles, I like how your link's product title says "Quad Core," "4K," and "5G" when it is none of those.

Most people I know here have had it for 2 years with no problems, safe to say for them it's more then Paid itself off. You just need a seller that's up to date with what's going in with Kodi. Most people don't even get it for Greek TV....I mainly use it for TV shows from America and movies. Like always people should do research before they buy, the one amorgos listed is running Kodi 14.2...already out of date and would work a bit erratically...that's the danger of purchasing online...my seller upgraded me to 15.2 last week..box is working flawlesslY, he also does house calls for elderly Greeks who have no clue, basically you need to find someone that's hands on with it,