Phantis Forums

EL-GS-R4: FC Krasnodar - PAOK FC (05-Nov-15, 20:00 GR)

Blackhawk

2:1 final score. Dismal game by PAOK. I expected much better. We were never in the game.

The Round of 32 is now a dream. The minimum European goal for this season was accomplished, which was the group stage. Let's at least hope we have a good games against Gabala and Dortmund, and get some cash for winning and or/tying those games. 

I find it ironic to read that and see Tziolis start over Antonis. I assume he rested Pelkas but Antonis who has not seen a min can create things as appose to Tziolis

Quotes from Antonis' agent say he wont be fully fit until the end of the month

Disappointing but hardly surprising.  I can see what Tudor was trying to do with the different formation ie. surprise the Ruskis by strengthening the defense and have pace up front.  It's one of those things, damned if you, damned if you don't.  The truth is right now Krasnodar are a better team than PAOK.

Players like Sabo, Klaus, Tziolis and Costa have a ceiling.. not even Mourinho can make them footballers. The problem begins and ends with Savvidis. Like Alafouzos, his knowledge of football is less than average.

Are you trolling again ?  Can Savvidis do anything right ?

Are you trolling again ? Can Savvidis do anything right ?

Don't even bother. If Savvidis thought he had knowledge of football he's have put himself in charge of making all decisions. I imagine he's paying Arnesen a small fortune to run things. Stupid point to make.

Good to see Charisis had a good game, even though he gave away the penalty. Hoping this kid develops rapidly, similar to how Kace went from being a "kid" one season then the following season he was almost always a starter.

Ashame to see PAOK lose to Krasnodar, thought they would win this one... now they are 4 points behind, they should have been 2nd for sure in this group.

PAOK's European fate was basically decided in the away game at Qabala and the home game with Krasnodar. If we had won those games we would have qualified. Another factor in my opinion was the early start in our European campaign. That pretty much prevented us from having any substantial pre-season preparation. That's why the team has ups and downs. I am pretty sure that we will have a solid 2nd half of the season. the main thing is to be ready for the playoffs and possible Greek Cup run.

The main goal of our European campaign was accomplished (Group Stage). All we have to do now get a win against Qabala and steal a tie in Dortmund in order to get some cash from UEFA and to add some points to our coefficient. This is important since our good season from 2010 will no longer count in the standings.

I am basing that on the following:

- The players will have more time to gel as a team.

- Some important players will overcome their injuries (players like Cimirot, Berbatov, Leovac) and will be able to help the team.

- The schedule should be lighter without Europe

- And finally I believe that in January we will get 2 to 3 players to plug in some of the weak spot on the team.

The only thing that worries me is that we play all the big derbies away, but as long as we do well against the so called "easy" teams, those results will not affect us that much. And any positive results in those games will be a bonus.