Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Original 21

New Coach

The merry go round continues, Ketsbaia obviously did m*****es which we all saw and it cost him.

No idea what this guy can bring to us, yes he may have worked under Mourinho but he has hardly coached any major sides.

Don't know what to make of this, we went from getting a name like Poyet to a no name like this guy.

At this rate, he will be a care taker until the winter transfer period when we get a new coach. 

I heard his interview yesterday and he seems like a cool & calm character. Saw a few clips on his team in Turkey and they seem to have played a good brand of football. Lets see what he can bring to us, he has the players to do well and hopefully January he can bring a couple in to cover certain positions and also make the team stronger.

He wont have an easy start though with 3 big games in the next 5 coming up Panionios Paok & Pao.

Also noticed Simeos was training with the team, how co-incidental is it Ketsbaia leaves and Simeos is not injured anymore.

Edited by Original Sydney
  • Like it 1

^ Right? All of a sudden Simoes is good to go again as if nothing ever happened. 

I'll passively say that I'm not too sure about Morais' resume, however I do have faith in Maistorovic and I like the signs thus far. I'm relieved that Ketpaya is no longer our coach. The guy made a career out of his passion and I'm thankful for everything he's given to AEK, but no it makes sense why the gauro got rid of him after a few games, even though he never lost. The guy was a tactical disaster and it was almost shocking how clueless he was, and how he wasted the summer training camp. 

I will give the new coach a few weeks before I make judgement on him. Lets see what style he tries to implement.

As for Ketsbaia, I personally don't think it was tactics that were the issue but more his decision making with starting 11 then subs during a match which were very questionable on many occasions.

Who's next? Morais quit just now, do we go after Zidane's assistant at Real? Maybe Conte's assistant at Chelsea? Whoever it is, the cheap F*** won't give any money for a coach so they will be mediocre at best. :fire:

He got enough time, it was clear the players had no interest in playing or fighting for him.

No more axristous please for the love of everything that is holy, we need someone with some pedigree, someone the players will give their all for.

Who is decent that is available?

I'd take him, considering its the middle of the season and anybody thats foreign and decent is most likely attached to a club.

His record with us overall albeit first 2 seasons in the lower divisions was pretty good - games: 84, wins: 63, draws: 12, losses: 9, goals for: 193, goals against: 55, win % = 75

His record in the SL with us was 7 games, 4 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. His record with Atromitos was 29 games, 13 wins, 8 draws and 8 losses.

I say we try to break the record and hire/fire a few more coaches for the rest of the season. I am sure there is a FIFA record somewhere  

Players wont play/fight for ketsbaia... same for morais. This is a joke. The players will continue this bs as long as we keep dropping coaches. Pedigree or not. 

No long term strategy. I don't care about the press. We should have kept ketsbaia for the year.. for good or for bad. To send a message that the players either go out and play or rot in the bench. 

We are a joke. And I mean aek and Greece in general. You never will get real players or coaches if you are viewed as an unprofessional place to play 

In addition to coaching issues and overall team management (i.e. spending on transfers etc...) the plain fact is that the players on this squad are just not that good. You kind of get what you pay for and combine that with second rate coaches and you have poor results week in and week out. Hopefully they can pull it together and keep a coach for the remainder of the season and finish in the top 5. Sad that a top 5 finish is the goal and challenging for a championship is again reduced to a pipe dream.

To be honest Manuel Jimenez is not the worst choice, its only until the end of the season with an option of extending for a further 1. 

I would have preferred Dellas but I was expecting a lot worse.

He hasn't coached in two years why the hell didn't we sign him before Morais. Another cheap option, I miss Adamidis! At least he didn't have money!

Adamidis is a wanker, he was a sellout by doing deals with Oly under the table. As much as Meli is being a tight prick lets not forget if he didn't come in AEK prob wouldn't even exist right now.

As for Jimenez, not sure what to make on it, cant be worse than Morais. 

He won us our first piece of silverware in a decade or so with an average AEK, I believe this AEK is better than the one he had in 10/11 so hopefully it works out.

It's not a permanent solution as only until the end of the season, at this point of the season it could have been a lot worse like I said.

Edited by Dikefale11

Yes he did and he did also play a decent brand of football and I agree with you Dikefale, that team was ok, this team I have always said is good on paper but never got the guidance they needed this season from the coaches we had. Also the players lost their hunger/desire along the way.

Still I would've preferred AEK to lower their pride and bring Dellas back, they lowered their pride and brought Zikos back last week so why not do the same with Dellas.

Who knows what happened behind the scenes, maybe he did not want to come back, if an offer was put on the table, maybe we wont ever.

We have Jimenez now, lets hope he can save our season, or whats left of it, maybe win the cup again :1eye:

Certainly hope so mate, I don't expect him to be the owner, but take over Kermit please.

I listen to his show weekly and the things he says about AEK are spot on, even the players he says he wanted to bring in would've been big for AEK. He has plenty of contacts and knows the game very well, just a shame that AEK fans turned on him, now most are opening their eyes

Its not only him jvc, Dusan is a big to this mess also. Yes Meli is the owner but he put Dusan there to run it all and he rules with an iron fist.