Phantis Forums

New Coach

Original 21

My issue is in  the fact that with these moves they basically validate the gauro win and the gauro in general. I still think in my opinion had we been playing in a professional  league and not a mob run cirminal organization, then Della would not be forced to chase the game at the 70th minute and we could continue with what was working.  I still think that had the game not progressed the way it did and it remained 0-0 till the 90th they would have found a way to stick it to us regardless just like last year. You can put Mourinho as coach and put Messi on our team, bottom line is when the ref is whistling 90-10 till the 70th minute and the opponent scores off of a moufa goal , no one can win under these circumstances. Della or no Della

And do you blame them? These are young guys in coaching and management terms who have bled for AEK as players only to have Dusan boss them around. For all the experience Dusan has he should be guiding these guys to get the best from them when needed not bossing them and forcing them to quit, yes I understand AEK is bigger than any player or coach BUT these guys has given a lot to AEK and only to be treated like this..... 

It seems we all agree Original except Meli & Dusan.

Lets see what Manolas has got, I have a slight feeling they wanted Dellas gone to bring Manolas up and I really hope they find someone and not have Manolas there all season.

From what training has looked like according to reports, Simeos wont be starting (big mistake) and he will have Mandalos next to Johanssen..... One can only hope that isn't going to be the case as Simeos showed us last weekend what can happen when all the work load is all on Johanssen......

Not sure he is the man, but not against it 100% either.

He did very good things with Brighton & Hove Albion in winning League One with them and came close to getting them to the PL had they not lost in the Championship Play-Off to Crystal palace....was poor with Sunderland the following 2 seasons in the Premier League however.

Youngish manager with good and interesting ideas, he could be great for AEK in a way, on the other hand I was hoping for somebody with better experience.

Edited by Dikefale11

Sunderland is a really really bad team every year and was saved from relegation one yer because of him. Sure his record with them was s%$#! but when you have an amatuer doikisi you're gonna struggle in the big leagues. I will be very happy if we brought him and gave him a decent budget to bring a few players of his choice.

I hope so Reaper I really do.

He is a good choice in my eyes, plays attacking football and has done relatively well in his little coaching career so far, plus he was a good player on the field also.

I just hope nothing goes wrong from now until he gets there but from what I am hearing its a done deal, but I wont get my hopes up until he is holding our scarf or signing the paperwork lol

If we do sign Poyet to me it would mean that Melissanidis has woken up and decided to strengthen the team through investment. I think the karpazia that Marinakis gave him after the gavro game was exactly what he needed. Gia na doume. The team will be much improved with this move, Dellas was a good coach, but Poyet is a better coach, and he will have his own assistants and, most importantly, his own fitness coach which I have been screaming for for the past year. Maybe soon our players won't be gassed by the 60th minute after only playing one game a week.

He will  also be getting $1.2 mill a year which includes his assistant, big money so you would hope Meli has woken up and will give this guy free reign on what players he wants to bring in.

I just hope our fans don't expect him to come in and win us the title this season as the players don't need more pressure on them than they've already had.