Phantis Forums

New Coach

Original 21

My ###### worst nightmare is coming to life right before my eyes. Dellas gone and them looking at............Jimenez. Expect week after week of bitching and moaning about our players, a roller coaster of 4-0 wins one week and 3-0 losses the other. Ohh and the cherry on top, we have to see Manola's face until we find a new coach........ksenera

Look at Manolo's record after leaving us... It's a joke...

If they were gonna hire a guy like that they should have kept Dellas.... Like I said, Dellas or an experienced and talented European coach, no in between with s%$#! coaches like Tsiolis and Manolo... Guy couldn't even win in Qatar.

Oh yeah I forgot about the 6-0 in Karaiskaki, 0-4 at home to Olympiakos volou (!!!!!) and the situation with Djebour. Melissanidis hand picked Striker, and his likely hand picked coach already hate each other. Recipe for success...

Edited by Original 21
  • Like it 1

Reaper I don't think you have enough to base your assumption on and "disaster" is definitely overblown. Fact of the matter is AEK have played the most entertaining and fundamentally impressive soccer we've seen in at least 5-7 years, under Della. The guy made a few mistakes in his first years with the club and rather than call out the mistakes so we can learn and move on, people were asking for the man's head. He had a budget that was less than half of the budgets we had in previous years and I won't even mention contract signings. Considering his youth and the youth of the team, dusan and tigri jumped the gun way too quickly. 

This rushed move today along with just the sound of the name Jimenez takes us back to very dark times in our history. Its safe to say that if jimenez takes over this club I will not be watching as it will solidify the fact that we spent 2 years in lower divisions to end up exactly where we were during the Agamidi era. 

I don't blame Dellas fully for this, the guy wasn't given what he needed to succeed. Was he at fault for the Oly result? Yes I think he was. But as Che said above, we have played good football the last couple years and he has given some young kids a chance who have done well. He provided a good environment for the players also. For Meli to say Dellas didn't want Lafferty just shows he is shifting the blame toward him, but I don't think many AEK fans will believe what Meli says.

I don't understand where they want AEK to go when they make rushed decisions like this.

You guys are daft........who the hell are you going to bring in that is going to be better then dellas?! He stuck with you guys through tough times! Took you up 2 divisions and aek was challenging for a chance to play in Europe next season!! What a sham of a team

• Like it 2

They're trying their hardest to appease the loudest and dumbest section of our fan base.....the president of our team spent the next day talking to some random Original fans about the future of the team, what does that tell you?

These are the type of people who go on AEK365 and word vomit any idiotic idea that comes to their head. Just go to the site right now. Aside from a few knowledgeable posters most of them think Jimenez is a competent coach and some are begging for them to bring back..............wait for it...............LORENZO SERRA FERRER!!! The guy who pretty much destroyed Demi's legacy (we were still paying this pos years later)  and almost wasted away the best team we had seen in years. The guy who wasted players like Hetemaj, Kloser, Julio Cezar, and Mnduca, players who went on to tear it up in the years after. The guy who hasn't coached in 7 years!!!

THESE ARE THE TYPE PEOPLE DUSAN AND TIGIR ARE ANSWERING TO! I guess I was completely wrong about our post c division management. 1 step forward and 10 steps back. 

• Like it 1

Management trying to cover their mistakes in the summer and put it all on Dellas, I don't blame him for resigning, he shouldn't have to put up with that sh&t, management are meant to back him after all he has done not throw him under the bus like Meli did

So we have now lost Lybe, Zikos & Dellas, people are bled for AEK.

• Like it 2

So we have now lost Lybe, Zikos & Dellas, people are bled for AEK.

Exactly, we push away the people who have time and time again come back to help AEK and we let people who dumped us for the gauro TWICE run the show. This is why AEK has been in shambles these last years, because of fans like the aek365 mob, xatzixristous, and other idiots being appeased by inept management. 

I don't understand the unrealistic expectations of some of the aek fans. At least with pao, when the team lost in anastasiou's first year, the fans always applauded. Rightly so they are frustrated in the third year, because it is the third year!

We were never going to win the title this season no matter how much we thought or wanted to. As much as I dispise Oly they have a superior roster and they are playing good football this season.

This season top 4 and a CL or Europa spot is exactly what AEK have to achieve, then the rest will come.

But people need to be patient.

• Like it 2

This makes no sense, except in Greece of course.  Dellas was sacrificed on the alter of Melisanidis, at least that's how it appears to me.  Was he doing that bad a job ?  AEK only lost 2 games so far this season.  Away to Olympiakos and away to PAOK.  Hardly the worst results.  Other than those games, AEK was coming along just fine.

As for Meli, I don't understand this guy.  If you are worth 3 billion, why would you spend only 160K on your beloved team.  Maybe it was a setup all along and he didn't want Dellas but couldn't find a way to get rid of him.

• Like it 2

Its Greece it makes perfect sense lol

As for not wanting him, he didn't have to take him on when Meli took over, but you could be right... Dellas resigned also he wasn't sacked, or that's what the boys from Original told me last night.

He wasn't doing bad, yes he lost in 2 derbies but lets not forget they were away from home. He did make a few weird/bad decisions at times but he was still getting results in the end.

The only thing that bothers me about this guy is that hes rarely stayed at any club more than two years. However he's also the guy who built the golden era Sevilli so he's definitely got what it takes to bring in some good players and build a solid squad......lets see...anything over that bitching barbie jimenez. Just the sound of his name makes me angry. 

Manolo Jimenez: 50 games with AEK

25 wins.....8 draws......17 LOSSES

Zaragosa: 

22 wins.....11 draws.....33 LOSSES

and then B division Qatar........enough said!

BTW just so we have a bigger picture of wtf our management did...Traianos Dellas:

46 wins.....5 draws....3 losses