Phantis Forums

New Coach

Original 21

jvc you have said yourself why would they invest in a league that's corrupt and one team gets special treatment from the others, don't blame them for not investing BUT that being said Meli spending only $160k is a F***en joke.

Will be interesting to see who we get, but we need someone who will stay for atleast 2-3 years and be given time, changing coaches every 6 months isn't helping anyone.

Have a feeling it may be Ketsbaia which isn't a bad option

Edited by Original Sydney

As you said Amo to spend only $160k and finish where we did is a laugh on all the others teams, PAOK and PAO spent a couple million easy. That being said money must be spent now as this team isn't good enough to compete in Europe, ok we aren't going to win a cup in Europe but you want to atleast get our of the group stage, get some more $$ from games and then that gives you decent exposure,that has to be a #1 goal.

I agree we suffered this season up top and it showed, cant rely on Aravidis as he's not an out & out striker, for 2nd division you can get away with it but not in SL. Djebbour well I wont even bother. Pekhart has shown glimpses but I don't think he is what we are looking for but can be a good back up.

Also need a CB and F*** off Arzo the petsa......

A winger or two would also help.

Surely we got $2 mill lying around the spent on these positions we are lacking in

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reading the news few names have been thrown around like Fink and also Puel. Fink for me I don't think would be good, seems to leave teams in a s%$#! way, only did well at Basel and lets be serious it wouldn't be hard to do that in Switzerland. The other name is Claude Puel, now this guy has plenty of experience and I think would be a decent choice for us, has coached all his life in France and has a wealth of experience.

Wonder how long it will be before we know who the coach will be.

I think they need to make a decision very soon though, latest next week as we don't want it dragging on and you also want the coach to have time to get players he wants but to also see what we currently have on our roster.

I think we can rule of Puel now he has met with French teams over night and it has been said its very hard to get him to come.....

This will be interesting, not a terrible choice not a fantastic one either but he does have some good experience and has coached in Spain and France, lets see what he can bring us

The things he did for Real Socieadad were unbelievable, he lead them to the group stages of the champions league just once year after they were fightining relegation.

• Like it 1