Phantis Forums

NT Friendly Games

Blackhawk

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

Apparently EPO has arranged a friendly game against Turkey that will be played before the Euro qualifiers in June and will take place in a neutral venue (Germnay?). EPO is also hoping to arrange one or two additional friendlies against strong opponent during the NT preparations for the twu games in June.

I read this as well! Here is the link: https://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/greece-to-play-turkey-in-international-friendly

i really like this move from the coach, shows a lot of commitment and belief in the team. The article states that they are trying to organize games with Germany and Austria before the turkey game all in preparations for the qualifiers. They are taking this very serious and I couldn’t be any more happier with this move.

• Like it 3

Greece to play Turkey sometime end of May. 

Also the EPO is trying to get friendly matches with Austria and Germany that would be very intriguing.

Coach Ange has asked to have players released from their club duties so that he can hold a 10 day mini camp. I like the direction he is taking and it looks like EPO is starting to get themselves behind the NT again.

Three game before the first EURO game in June is fine. The last club game in Greece is the Greek Cup on May 11. That means there is almost a full month before the game with Italy. You don't want the players to be without any game action for that long. 

• Like it 3

• 2 weeks later...

The game against Turkey has been officially announced by EPO. It will be played on May 30, 2019 at Antalya Stadium in Antalya at 21:00 EEST.

Also between May 22-29 the national team will take part in training camp in Apeldoorn, Holland before getting back to Athens for the two EURO games against Italy and Armenia.

• Like it 5

• 2 weeks later...

The NT played an unofficial friendly over night, against football academy GFA. Everyone played in the match except Stafylidis who arrived the day before the friendly took place. The Ethniki won 2-0 with Masouras and Kolouris scoring their "first" goals for the ethniki. You can read a report on the match below and see some highlights too. 

Highlights

• Like it 2

6 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

The NT played an unofficial friendly over night, against football academy GFA. Everyone played in the match except Stafylidis who arrived the day before the friendly took place. The Ethniki won 2-0 with Masouras and Kolouris scoring their "first" goals for the ethniki. You can read a report on the match below and see some highlights too. 

Highlights

Saw highlights on agonasport. I did not know they were playing this team.. 

Exactly. ESPN3 will have the game and it's a legal stream with good quality picture. Also if you have a cable or satellite provider that offers Univision Deportes they will show the game as well.

• 6 months later...

No idea how accurate this is as I can't find any news articles to confirm but according to Wikipedia (I may as well be making this up I know) We are playing Syria and Luxembourg in March. 

Also as per the Wikipedia page, we will be participating in the Kirin Cup a tournament held by Japan in June, we are set to play Japan on the 14th of June. Again I can't find a reliable source to back this up so who knows what's going on. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greece_national_football_team#2020

• Like it 1

On 12/13/2019 at 11:06 PM, paokarag4 said:

No idea how accurate this is as I can't find any news articles to confirm but according to Wikipedia (I may as well be making this up I know) We are playing Syria and Luxembourg in March. 

Also as per the Wikipedia page, we will be participating in the Kirin Cup a tournament held by Japan in June, we are set to play Japan on the 14th of June. Again I can't find a reliable source to back this up so who knows what's going on. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greece_national_football_team#2020

I Wish we were playing better competition for our friendly matches. I hope this is true in regards to playing a the tournament in June as it will be good preparation for the nations league and world cup qualifiers. 

1 hour ago, J1078 said:

I Wish we were playing better competition for our friendly matches. I hope this is true in regards to playing a the tournament in June as it will be good preparation for the nations league and world cup qualifiers. 

Right on about the level competition for the friendly games, the EPO should have scheduled matches vs countries of higher pedigree. As for the tournament it's good to get games in but it's going to suck watching Euro's and Greece are not there..