Phantis Forums

NT Friendly Games

Blackhawk

melbourne is bloody cold in june....

It's relative I guess but the claim that Melbourne is cold is farcical. I spent a number of winters there and compared to where I live now it was balmy. I never woke up to ice or temperatures near 0 degrees or all day fog.

Those on the forum who live in Canada and northern USA or parts of Europe (Greece included) know the definition of winter. Anyway the Greeks will miss 3 weeks of heat for temperatures that will be perfect for football.

Sydney will surely get one of these games, you would assume Melbourne gets the other, both would have to be against Australia otherwise the crowds will be pathetic like when the ethniki went to America last year and faced Bolivia and Nigeria,

Attendance was certainly not pathetic for those friendlies.

Attendance was certainly not pathetic for those friendlies.

11,000 at Greece v Bolivia in New Jersey is very pathetic, granted the tickets were apparently the same as World Cup tickets which is absurd, ideally you would wanna be playing America...likewise here both games should be against Australia. If it was Greece v Bolivia in Melbourne you would struggle to get me interested....

Edited by Greekoz

so are you going to see Australia or Greece? ...and don't say both?

And this is not a chest beating patriotic question..

what I mean is that if Greece were to play in Melbourne, my level of interest to pay money and attend would be the same whether they played Australia/Bolivia/ Germany/Gibraltar.....

Edited by RED SHERIFF