Phantis Forums

Ivan Savvidis - PAE PAOK owner/president

italosPAOK4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know. I've been saying since day one that Savvidis should keep his mouth shut.  Too much bla bla.... I'd say there was no action, but there's plenty of action.  To the tune of having 3 coaches a year, and entirely new teams every year.... that's plenty of action.  Just not good action.  The first 2 years I understood about him micro-managing, and not wanting to hand his check book over to the lamogia..but he should have people he trusts in all the important positions by now.  Instead, we have his Tzabella-groupie son tough talking on instagram and twitter, and a rotating door at every important position. 

• Like it 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Will officially become the PAE PAOK President on October 17. Here is his press release concerning the matter:

«Πρόεδρος στον αναγεννημένο ΠΑΟΚ»

«Με την παρούσα ανακοίνωση θα ήθελα να επιβεβαιώσω την πρόθεσή μου να αναλάβω την Προεδρεία της ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ, μετά την προσεχή Γενική Συνέλευση. Η απόφασή μου αυτή πάρθηκε μετά από βαθιά σκέψη και αποτυπώνει έναν ισχυρό συμβολισμό.

Θέλω να είμαι ο Πρόεδρος που θα οδηγήσει την ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ σε ένα νέο, αναγεννημένο, καθαρό και υγιές ποδοσφαιρικό πλαίσιο στην Ελλάδα, μετά τις εκλογές της ΕΠΟ.

Θέλω να είμαι εκείνος που θα επιμεριστώ ευθύνες για την πραγματική αναγέννηση της ομάδας μας και του ελληνικού ποδοσφαίρου και να αποτελέσω την ομπρέλα των συνεργατών μου στη διοίκηση της ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ, αλλά και όσων εργάζονται προς την κατεύθυνση της κάθαρσης στο ποδόσφαιρο.

Είναι εξάλλου εμφανές πως μετά από 4,5 χρόνια επιχειρηματικής δράσης στην Ελλάδα, δράση που ξεκίνησε με την εξαγορά, οικονομική εξυγίανση και ανάπτυξη της ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ, η δραστηριότητά μου στην ιστορική πατρίδα μου έχει διευρυνθεί.

Η απόφασή μου αυτή έχει όμως και ουσιαστικό περιεχόμενο. Μπαίνουμε συνολικά σε μια νέα εποχή, με νέες προκλήσεις, νέους φίλους. Με την ακόμη πιο ισχυρή παρουσία μου στην ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ, θα είμαι εκείνος που θα αποκρούσει οποιαδήποτε προσπάθεια φθοράς της ομάδας.Γιατί η ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ δεν είναι μια ακόμη από τις επιχειρήσεις μου.

Η συμμετοχή μου εδώ έχει ισχυρό συναισθηματικό υπόβαθρο, έχει όραμα και περηφάνια.Ευελπιστώ πως και οι επικριτές θα αναγνωρίσουν πως οι διαφωνίες τους απευθύνονται σε έναν άνθρωπο με ισχυρά συναισθήματα ειδικά για τον ΠΑΟΚ και θα τοποθετούνται με τρόπο δημιουργικό, υπό το πρίσμα πως είμαστε εν δυνάμει συνεργάτες.

Εύχομαι η απόφασή μου αυτή να γίνεται με την συγκατάθεση της οικογένειας του ΠΑΟΚ και να είναι μια ακόμη ενέργεια συσπείρωσης.

Με τιμή,Ιβάν Σαββίδης».

• 1 year later...

According to http://inpaok.com/386346/πλησιάζει-τα-100-εκ-η-επένδυση-του-ιβάν/ Savvidis has put in around 100 million into the club.  Just asking, but on what exactly ?!?!

There was the 10 million that was owed to the government.  I assume when he came to the club there were some other outstanding debts so we'll call that say another 5 to 10 million.  Toumba got upgraded so I'll add another say 5 million there.  We're at around 25 million.

I figure each year we need a top up of around 5 or so million as the revenue generated by the club probably doesn't meet the expenses, although this year it'll be more because player wages have increased significantly and revenue has dropped due to games without fans and the early exit from the EL.

Any ideas people ?

Also, what if Savvidis wanted to leave the club one day (not that he would).  How would that work ?

• Blackhawk changed the title to Ivan Savvidis - PAE PAOK owner/president
  • 5 months later...

Of all the team owners from the past (Vardinogiannis, Melissanidis Kokkalis, Marinakis, Alafouzios) only one one had the balls to publicly apologize for his actions:

Dear Sirs, 

I wish to apologize to all PAOK supporters, Greek fans and the international football community.I am deeply sorry for what happened. I had absolutely no right to enter the pitch the way I did.My emotional reaction stems from the widespread negative situations prevailing in Greek football lately and from all the unacceptable, non sports-related events that took place towards the end of the PAOK – AEK Athens encounter: the actions of the referee and his assistant (goal – offside – goal), the match suspension, the protests and invasion on the pitch by many people from both sides. All that could lead to uncontrollable situations. My only aim was to protect tens of thousands of PAOK fans from provocation, riots and human casualties.Please believe that I had no intention to engage in a brawl with our opponents or the referees. And Ι obviously did not threaten anybody.Unfortunately, my family and I, as well as my colleagues, have been taken hostage by a totally sick football status-quo.Despite the non-stop attacks I am facing on all fronts, I fight and I will continue to fight for fair football, equitable refereeing in all encounters and titles being won on the pitch and not in courtrooms. I would like to apologize once again.

PAOK FC President
Ivan Savvidis

Αξιότιμοι κύριοι ,

Θέλω να ζητήσω συγγνώμη από όλους τους φιλάθλους του ΠΑΟΚ, όλους τους Έλληνες φιλάθλους, την παγκόσμια ποδοσφαιρική κοινότητα.Λυπάμαι πάρα πολύ για αυτό που έγινε. Σαφώς δεν είχα δικαίωμα να βγω στον  αγωνιστικό χώρο κατ´αυτόν τον τρόπο.Η συναισθηματική αντίδραση μου έχει προκληθεί από την γενικευμένη αρνητική κατάσταση, που επικρατεί στο ελληνικό ποδόσφαιρο τον τελευταίο καιρό και από το σύνολο των απαράδεκτων, μη αθλητικών γεγονότων,  που έλαβαν χώρα προς το τέλος του αγώνα ΠΑΟΚ-ΑΕΚ: τις ενέργειες του διαιτητή και του επόπτη (γκολ – οφσάιντ – γκολ), την διακοπή του αγώνα, τις διαμαρτυρίες και την είσοδο μέσα στον αγωνιστικό χώρο δεκάδων ανθρώπων και των δυο ομάδων.Όλα αυτά θα μπορούσαν να δημιουργήσουν έκρυθμη κατάσταση στο γήπεδο και ο μοναδικός στόχος μου ήταν να προστατεύσω δεκάδες χιλιάδες φιλάθλων του ΠΑΟΚ από προβοκάτσιες – συμπλοκές – ανθρώπινα θύματα.Πιστέψετε με, δεν είχα κανένα σκοπό να διαπληκτιστώ με την αντίπαλη ομάδα ή με τους διαιτητές. Και σαφώς δεν απείλησα κανέναν.Δυστυχώς τόσο εγώ και η οικογένεια μου, όσο και οι συνάδελφοι μου, βρεθήκαμε όμηροι του τελείως αρρώστου ποδοσφαιρικού κατεστημένου.Αγωνίζομαι και θα συνεχίσω να αγωνίζομαι, παρά τις αδιάκοπες επιθέσεις που δέχομαι σε όλα τα επίπεδα, για ένα δίκαιο ποδόσφαιρο με έντιμη διαιτησία σε όλους τους αγώνες και για να κερδίζονται τα πρωταθλήματα στα γήπεδα και όχι στα δικαστήρια.Για ακόμα μια φορά ζητάω συγγνώμη.

Ο Πρόεδρος της ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ
Ιβάν Σαββίδης

On 3/14/2018 at 7:13 PM, Blackhawk said:

Fairly good article on the reason why there is an organized war against PAOK and the owner of the team:

http://www.periodista.gr/politiki/article/91775/spame-tin-omerta-etsi-estisan-ton-iban-sabbidi-etsi-theloun-na-stisoun-ton-alexi-tsipra

Thanks very much for sharing that. It just shows you the type of forces that are at play here. It's actually quite incredible.

Today Savvidis sold Donskoy Tabak (which also owes SEKAP in Greece) to a Japan Tobacco for $ 1.6 Billion. In a press release Savvidis's company Dimera Group (which also owes PAOK) announced that  they will now focus on more investments in Greece.

Japan Tobacco has acquired Donskoy Tabac (DT), owned by Greek-Russian business tycoon Ivan Savvidis, for $1.6 billion it emerged on Friday, with the Greek Tobacco Industry of Xanthi (SEKAP), a subsidiary of DT, being part of the deal.
SEKAP was established in 1975 and acquired by DT in 2013. It came under Savvidis's ownership in July of that year.

http://www.ekathimerini.com/226804/article/ekathimerini/business/savvidis-sells-donskoy-tabak-and-greek-subsidiary-to-japan-tobacco

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

He put enough already. Probably more than the whole Superleague as a whole.

After the latest events I would really hope that he stops the stupidity of sponsoring the Superleague. If I was him after all the dust settles, I would withdraw the Souroti sponsorship from Superleague for next season claiming that his reputable company can't sponsor a corrupted enterprise like Superleague.

The only guy in greek football who pays his bills!!!! 

That says it all for me. He's a threat to the establishment of gangsta that dont pay footballers and dont pay employees. 

What a joke. 

14 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

He put enough already. Probably more than the whole Superleague as a whole.

After the latest events I would really hope that he stops the stupidity of sponsoring the Superleague. If I was him after all the dust settles, I would withdraw the Souroti sponsorship from Superleague for next season claiming that his reputable company can't sponsor a corrupted enterprise like Superleague.

His priority #1 should be to have the 2 referees never referee another game in the GSL ever again.

As for refs, the priority should be to bring in foreign refs. Somethin we have been asking for years. That way they can't control the refs directly. Right now it's AEK people at EPO that assign refs to the games. Savvidis's big mistake was collaborating with the gangster Melissanidis to take control of EPO.

Unfortunately everything works with fear. Not only in Greece, but everywhere. There is no respect whatsoever. Savvidis has to do something so they will be scared of him. And for me the fact that we just accept this punishment is unacceptable. We lost both derbies with 0-3 and three extra points were deducted. In two matches that nothing happened. I don't know why we do accept this. I don't like it at all. If I were Savvidis I would split the country in two. And what does he expect? Soon Nea Dimokratia will be in charge. Does he expect for things to get better? Does he expect to find allies? After what has happened with Melissanidis, Siriza, and Alafouzos before? I don't see any point of accepting these punishments.

That is what I am afraid of Yiankos.  Once (if ?) Mitsotakis gets into government I don't think his government will be friendly towards Savvidis and I can see Marinakis getting more involved again.  He won't be hiding out so much as he is now biding his time in England.

• Like it 1

Even if Savvidis puts more money and PAOK has the biggest budget of the league, I highly doubt that they will let us any closer than this year to the championship.

And don't forget that even the winner doesn't go to the group stage of Champions League. So, either first or second, you have to play qualifying matches. And I wouldn't be surprised if AEK doesn't make it to the group stage. Imagine if in the future we are again in a position that the winner goes directly to the group stage. There is no way they will let us get such a championship.

To win a title we would have to have a team that can win by 10 points clear at least.  On a side note, overall, we have played some very good football this season.  There have been some shockers here and there but overall very good and very consistent.  My bigger concern is how will we be able to attract decent players to the team after what's happened in the last few weeks.  You would have to mad or desperate to come to PAOK and the GSL now.

This issue is not PAOK as if you look at the past couple of years players like Lucas, Cimirot, Rodrigues have used us as a stepping stone (which I have no problem with). The problem is the Greek league itself - no sane player would or should want to play here.

• Confused 1