Phantis Forums

Cyprus-Bosnia-Herzegovina(13 October 2015, GSP, Lefkosia)

Omonoia9

I'll probably be able to do a better prediction closer to when the tournament starts. But Germany, Belgium, France look strong. I know Spain were woeful in the world cup, but I wouldn't be surprised if they came back again. Portugal could go far if Ronaldo is on top form, but thats a big if, he usually doesn't score as much for Portugal as he does for Real.

England won every game in qualifying and I'd love to see them do well, but I'm not going to be convinced until they beat some serious teams, not teams like San Marino or Lithuania. England have plenty of average players in their squad too.

Top 4 this world cup I think will be

France, England, Germany, Portugal

Top 8 notable Mentions Spain, Belgium, Italy

the rational final is France Vs. Germany.

Edited by georgelaz

• 1 month later...

Spain are my hands down my favorites to win. This is their best chance to establish the Euro as their legacy. They won the first ever Euro, they've won the last two and are now tied with Germany for the most championships. 

pretty sure Soviet Union won the first euro against Yugoslavia in the final. 1960. Spain won the one after that 1964

Soviet Unioun beat Yugoslavia in the 1st tournament in France. Just read that Greece wihdrew from 1964 tournament in Spain over the problems with Albania after being drawn vs them.

interesting, find any details about the reason why?