Phantis Forums

Northern Ireland-Greece (8 October 2015. Windsor Park, Belfast)

Greekaroos

Its just funny how the head governing body of football is run by people who know 0 about football. Like seriously EPO has to be the worst federation in the game, make no effort to remove corruption from the national league, make no effort to improve the grass roots im the country, what have they contributed to Greek football? Nothing as far as I can think of.

• Like it 1

We all have our opinions on players and that's fair enough we all have to respect that. At euros in Poland while I was there he was terrible, the shirt incident is just a kick in the face to Greek fans, where would he be if it wasn't for Greek Football? The fans that I travel to the euros and wc with that live in Greece known as GF went to NI today and they are pissed with what he did as they travel to every game Greece plays and all they want is some recognition from players especially now in the dark times we are going through because they never leave the team alone.

I haven't seen the shirt incident, but if it was as described I think he just quit the team in disgust. It's a loss for us - he has been one of our better players when he played. Reaper is right - this will be overblown and will overshadow the bad decision making of the EPO and the lack of respect for the shirt the the rest of the team has shown by its play on the field.

• Like it 1

For everyone out here that wanted to see Greece change there"boring style" of just defending and wanted to see this team open it up and be an attacking team, well you got half of your wish the team surely changed there style. Come on guys the only way for the Greeks to win is everyone collapses back and attacks when we get a chance or of a set piece. This is the only way Greece can play soccer and if you think otherwise you are kidding yourself. We don't have those offensive type of players. Sitting back and defending is our only way to get back to tieing and winning games maybe we don't deserve. If we continue to not play that way then we will continue to see results like tonight or like in the FI games. I'm pretty sure everyone here would be happy with a 1-0 win and some 0-0 draws rather then getting spanked and allowing at least a goal a game and losing to MINNOWS which sadly we have now become.

• Like it 1

Aek66 nails exactly what I feel and does such a good job I won't bother adding to his well articulated points aside to reiterate that the playing ability at disposal is good enough to turn this around given the right managerial appointment. The new team needs to be a psychologist though.

F**k EPO as well.

• Like it 1

Imagine paying money and travelling to sth Africa or Austria as example to watch that sh*t passing sideways and backwards, its frustrating. When they are organised properly or have their backs against the wall (example Russia in Euro 2012) they can get the result they need.

But as its said above we don't have the players for attacking flair.

These results have been disappointing and embarrassing but it will turn around, sooner rather than later.....

• Like it 1

Must add losing a player like Karagounis was always going to be hard to replace, he played with heart and passion. These blokes we got now don't give a f*ck they care more for their selfies and their tatts than they do representing their nation and it showed after we lost and some of these spastics were seen a day later on a Mykonos beach.

• Like it 1

I'm not watching a replay of this match. I woke up and checked the score and I'm not obessesing about it. I am surprised to concede as many as 3 (and to score 1) but who cares.

BTW Tsanas was also singled out for being a failure in a contra opinion piece but that will count for nothing as EPO aren't going to cut him loose.

And we didn't score one at home gamiseta....

OH with a good manager and players who actually give a sh*t about representing their nation anything can happen in the WC qualifying BUT we do have Belgium who are a very good side and Bosnia so our chances aren't that great. Knowing our luck Cyprus will beat us.

One thing I wana know in regards to Greece v Cyprus when they play the Nation Anthem will they only play it once since we both have the same one lol???

The lack of urgency and lack of intensity is glaringly obvious....

There is no doubt that in the first 30 mins of this match that one could see that the Greeks were the better 'footballers' and why they play for bigger clubs...

but they approach the task as if it's the first session of pre season...walking pace, strolling around the pitch...Mitro's attitude was appalling... no pressure on the defence....

Tziolis should never play again..... Samaris needs a spell on the bench....

Not sure what Karelis purpose is?

I would like to see Bouchalakis (when fit and playing) get a game next to Fortounis and Taxi....

I am not sure who the two wide players should be? Kone? Lazaros?  Fetfa?  Maybe Mavrias if he finds a club and form..

As for Mitro and Klaus the new coach needs to put a rocket up them...Or drop them..

• Like it 1

i think fortounis was kept on the bench because he had some rib problems. with a new coach we should stop playing formations like 4-4-2 / 4-3-3- / 4-2-3-1 and start trying 3-5-2 / 5-4-1 / 4-5-1 and with 3-5-2 with mitro deep and 1 floating behind him in sort of a free role. the loss was expected but not copping 3 goals. hungary needs a win to qualify directly so they wont hold back.

http://www.altsantiri.gr/sports/ethniki-podosferou-agona-dromou-kani-o-fortounis-gia-na-prolavi-oungaria/

Edited by Nikitas

Samaras should be at Sporting Lisbon by now. Get his ass back in, he is a big match player.

Poor old Moras would of been hammered after that. Fetfa too many yeeroses in his last game.

The sports administration have no legitimate reason to insist on this bloke Tsanas as part of someone's coaching structure. Sports minister must be a fick F***a.

Edited by ausgreek

We've become far too easy to score against, a far cry from the side we had under Santos that would shutout the opposition and win games by scoring lone goals. Play the 3-5-2 with Sokratis, Papadopoulos and Manolas, with Tachtsidis the anchor infront of them the rest of the positions are all interchangeable on form as far as I'm concerned.

• Like it 2

EPO did treat him like s%$#!.

To hang this on Karagounis for the few matches he was there is wrong. Not sure what they issues were with him and others, but the only constant in all of the campaign are the cronies of EPO!

Are you kidding me?? They have no defensive system, they have nobody backing each other up they're easily beat one on one. Look at all the space they give the openings out there, this team does not know how to close the gaps and play unified having each others backs if one guy makes a mistake. They look like lost puppies out there. They are completely out of position all the time. I agree they are not attacking because they can't. They need to become that team that doesn't give the opposition an inch of space, a team that suffocates the other teams players and only takes chances when we have the opportunity. If we don't do that and neglect our defense first mentaility then we will continue to lose against the weakest teams. Look at the match against Colombia we created a lot of chances we hit a few goal posts but we let in 3, look at the game against Finland we dominated the play but once again we conceded a goal We have allowed goals in almost every game and even worse we are allowing 3 goals against in 2 games versus FI, Northern Irleland have scored 5 goals against in 2 games. Are you starting to see a pattern?? I can go on on. Let's take a look at the main issue and get back to boring suffacting defensive soccer as it's the only way we can play.

• Like it 1