Phantis Forums

Northern Ireland-Greece (8 October 2015. Windsor Park, Belfast)

Greekaroos

I don't get how people on a public forum can put together a better starting lineup than Tsanas.

The politics need to stop and merit needs to be the factor.

I missed the game. If anyone has good highlights please post.

I don't get how people on a public forum can put together a better starting lineup than Tsanas.

The politics need to stop and merit needs to be the factor.

I missed the game. If anyone has good highlights please post.

Portugal scraping by a 1-0 win it appears. How much I miss Santos.

• Like it 1

We are for the tip. it's obvious something is affecting this team to perform so poorly and yet to have won a game in these qualifiers UNBELIEVABLE ! EPO is the cancer. I won't be suprised to hear what really has gone down these qualifiers in the future for this team to drop so lowly. There must be other reasons that we have no idea about. 100% smells rigged to me. All those players that have played this campaign should be ashamed of themselves what an embarrasment.

• Like it 1

Should have kept Santos....

What? And risk pissing off all the agents and managers that are really running the national team? Why do you think Sarris and company eliminated him from the NT, and even forbade him to travel back with the team from the WC. They needed an NT coach that would kiss theirs and the agent's ass. Why do you think they push Tsanas to be the sidekick for every possible coaching prospect?

The situation within the NT is sick. Don't you think the players notice? There is a reason why they don't give a rat's ass about performing for the team. Unless somebody comes in and cleans house, the situation will remain the same. The first step to rebuild this NT is simple. Disolve the current EPO an rebuild it from scratch.

• Like it 2

do you think that we're purposely losing to win sports gambling dollars?

greece's economy is in shambles, so maybe match fixing against our favour could be what the doctor ordered to get some coin?

I mean look at the finland game. None of our shots were on target.. very strange.

Edited by georgelaz

What? And risk pissing off all the agents and managers that are really running the national team? Why do you think Sarris and company eliminated him from the NT, and even forbade him to travel back with the team from the WC. They needed an NT coach that would kiss theirs and the agent's ass. Why do you think they push Tsanas to be the sidekick for every possible coaching prospect?

The situation within the NT is sick. Don't you think the players notice? There is a reason why they don't give a rat's ass about performing for the team. Unless somebody comes in and cleans house, the situation will remain the same. The first step to rebuild this NT is simple. Disolve the current EPO an rebuild it from scratch.

Totally agree with everything you said. EPO and it's puppet master need to go. Hopefully with the suspensions FIFA handed it it might be the beginning of the end.

I can't see any reason for Fortounis to not be on the field.  My suspicion is that Tsanas was "instructed" to not play him.  After all, what's the point, the campaign is over.

Nothing else makes sense.  Why wouldn't you play your best player ??

• Like it 2

Our next coach has a lot of work to do! And if we do go for a foreigner he needs to get clued up on Greek football and not get caught out like the Italian did, we need somebody who is strong tactically and who can get the best out of the group of players we have.......a coach not a manager if get me!

Our next coach has a lot of work to do! And if we do go for a foreigner he needs to get clued up on Greek football and not get caught out like the Italian did, we need somebody who is strong tactically and who can get the best out of the group of players we have.......a coach not a manager if get me!

Ranieri was always a dud.  He's never been conservative ... which is fine, but he'll never make a good NT coach.  NT football is conservative by its very nature.  You don't have 30 rounds to catch up if you have a bad run of form.

If sport is looked at as important enough, why is there not an enquiry into bum decision-making ie. the Schuster incident, Markarian taking off Fetfa for Kats when the game was in the balance and Fortounis today, not getting a look-in when he was in the team of the week, with all the big names, all around the world recently? How can the coach not be chastised for that and dismissed like the stupid Argentinian was? Rihanna Ranieri is streets ahead of both of these, his team is showing it on the field. He isn't Santos but as we know talk is cheap. bla bla Ranieri bla bla Ranieri bla. He can coach.

What's happened to those in the EPO that were to be looked into for corruption???