Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - January 2016

Blackhawk

This might be the most appropriate place to post this. The group of "booted" people isn't very large, but they are mostly starters according to Tudor. We'd look very different without them.

People to keep:

Golasa

Skondras

Mak

Vitor

Charisis

Konstantinidis

Rodrigues

Kace

Mistakidis

Melissas (second backup)

Korovesis

Kitsiou

Glykos

Pelkas

Savvidis

People to give the boot to:

Tziolis

Berbatov (as in, don't try to sign him again)

Costa

Olsen

Tzavellas

Sabo

Jairo - I like him, but hasn't looked good at all

People the jury's out on:
Malezas - only a handful of decent appearances
Cimirot
Deligiannidis (should be loaned to a foreign club)
Klaus - wildly inconsistent, has yet to find form this year
Antonis
Pozoglou - where is he, anyway?
Siampanis - he's like 13 years old, so no harm in keeping him
Leovac - haven't seen enough of him to really judge

______________Klaus______________

Rodrigues _____Pelkas__________Mak

__________Kace___ Cimirot_________

Leovac New Signing New Signing Kitsiou

___________New Signing____________

GK

Glykos

Melissas

CB

Vitor

Malezas

Poungouras

RB/LB

Skondras

Konstantinidis

Giannoulis

CM

New Signing

Charisis

Savvidis

Antonis

Tziolis

LM/RM

New Signing

Korovesis

Mystakidis

Pozoglou

ST

New Signing

Koulouris

Pereyra

Loan: Deligiannidis

Gone: Golasa, Tzavellas, Jairo, Berbatov, Sabo, Costa, Papadopoulos, Olsen, Popovic, Panagiotoudis, Polyzos, Qose

Including new signings it would leave a squad of 31. This is obviously not a squad that will contend but we have some pieces that we can build around for the future.

Wasn't Tziolis just resigned for 3 years?

You're right, but a man can dream.

And just so everyone is aware, Lucas has scored 7 goals in 11 games for Deportivo  :rolleyes:

Might also want o keep an eye on this http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

How soon til they add Mourinho to that list?

Pontos, Lucas is a quality player.  Easily our best if he had stayed and it shows in how well he is doing in La Liga.  Unfortunately, he didn't become a serious player until he went to Deportivo.  I don't know what happened but after he overcame his injury, he's been reborn and he definitely helped us in the short spell he was with us earlier in the year.

The problem with a lot of these "quality" players when they are at PAOK, is keeping them motivated and playing at the level they are capable of.  It's a problem we've always had.  My biggest hope is that Arnesen can change the mentality of the team but watching last nights game doesn't fill me with hope.  There is still a lot to do ....

The thing about Lucas is he's playing for the team he loves and it shows.  If you've even watched highlights of his appearances this year you can see it in his face that he's giving it his all for the jersey....when he played for us he was just happy to be out of the Ukraine, and he was half assedly, half heartedly playing for us plotting and dreaming about his return to his beloved team.  That that's kind of passion I expected from players like Pelkas, Klaus, Konstandinidis and Kace....but it's just not the case. Lucas is a class above anyone on our squad right now, but even if we held on to him, he'd be playing half ass ball for us as well.  The only reason he gave it his all in the preseason Europa qualifiers is because we basically told him to help us get through and he can go.  To be honest, he can eat $hit and die as far as Im concerned, because rather than honoring his contract and showing gratitude to the team that got him out of that $hithole in the Ukraine, he basically just blackmailed us to let him go.  For $1.5M Euros.....that he then criticized us for charging.

• Like it 2

Wasn't Tziolis just resigned for 3 years?

No he hasn't, even though it appears they want him to stay on the team.

They don't really have to extend his contract right now. It will be extended automatically until June 2017. There is a clause in his contract that if he plays a certain amount of game this season it automatically get extended. Since he is playing in almost every single game, he should have a problem meeting that clause, if hasn't done already. 

That that's kind of passion I expected from players like Pelkas, Klaus, Konstandinidis and Kace....but it's just not the case. 

Three out of those four actually show the passion when they step on the field. The problem is that their ability of playing soccer is kind of limited.

Maybe you're right, Blackhawk.  Konstantinidis definitely showed a huge leap in his abilities this season.  Kace has been a consistent player, even though I'm sure he's a little sour about having all these big contracts flying around to bench warmers, while he's been playing for relative peanuts.  Pelkas came back strong, but has fizzled and proved to not be mature enough to handle the weight of the jersey.  There's no doubting Klaus' loyalties and passion...but this season has been horrible for him.  He needs to find his form.

I just don't understand how we can be dropping all these points to these $hitty teams..it's inexcusable.

our problem is not one of technical ability, nor I think one of desire. That's not to say we couldn't improve on either.

the way I saw last nights match our biggest flaw is in our decision making. when we have a couple of options we seem to always inevitably choose the wrong one. and when those passes go astray or we get caught in possession it only makes it look worse.

Well that shows that some of those players lack ability and/or experience. I am sure in their hearts they are trying their best. Best example yesterday was Kitsiou. On few occasions he dribbled himself to oblivion, instead of looking around to find somebody to pass to. I have noticed that some of our players when they get the ball just look down and try to dribble around. They don't play with their head up looking for the best play. Even Mak does that.

As for Klaus, he has been very poor. The injury held him back, but the fact that we also got Berbatov might have been a blow to his ego and he can't adjust to the new situation.

Exactly. Negotiating trick. 

Now that Konstantinidis has signed the next two contract extensions that are being worked on are Kace and Mak. I hear a rumor that Kace turned down a preliminary offer from PAOK, which was for around 400K, and demanded a minimum of 500K per season.

Apparently we are after Warda, the Egyptian dekari from Panaitolikos. At least that's what the rumors said today. The same rumors said that Olympiakos and Panathinaikos are after him, which leads me to believe that this is a fake story created by his agent to drum up interest.

Berbatov has been linked by Bulgarian media to Premier League team.