Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - January 2016

Blackhawk

I've done my part in securing a new GK by tweeting Odisseas Vlachodimos from Stuttgart  :tup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut7xkzsGg8A

In all seriousness I do hope we make him a target. He's been in all of the German National Team's Youth sides, seen as one of the premier GK talents, problem for him is that they have many, potential asset to us?

He's currently with the National U21's and has recently played a handful of senior games for Stuttgart in the Bundesliga. Could potentially kill two birds with one stone, drag him away from Germany and bring him into the fold for the Ethniki. 

I'd much rather bring in another younger piece to develop while we're in this phase of building with youth instead of getting 1 year from a Pletikosa like signing 

Edited by Pontos
  • Like it 1

According to Greek newspaper Gazzetta.gr we are competing with Milan and Anderlecht for the signing of Mexican keeper Ochoa. He has only played six matches for his club Malaga since the wc so if he's looking for a club that can give him a spot in the starting line and at the same time get a good amount of money we could maybe get him. If we sign him it would be a transfer of almost the same level as Berbatov.

Just look at this youtube clip: 

Are we selling one of the remaining ones? I'm guessing we'd have to get rid of at least Olsen

Haven't read anything about that but if we get Ochoa I think it would be the best solution. It's better to have Glykos as back-up than Olsen. Olsen has a higher salary, he wants to be in the starting line and we can maybe get some of the money we spent on him back.

Ochoa was without a club prior to the World Cup when his club in France decided not to give him another contract. After a good tournament he had offers from a number of teams. He signed with one of them in Malaga, and soon after found himself on the bench.

I don't trust him, I think he was able to pull of some big saves at a time when the whole world was watching and it saved his career. If he did come it would be for ridiculous money, don't want

• Like it 1

Didn't knew that his old club didn't want him and I actually don't know so much about him in general. I just think that he can get a restart and that we can use the fact that he's looking for a club that can put him in the starting line. If we contract him he would probably have the highest salary in the club but if he can be a "Roberto" for us then I think it's worth it. You might be right though, but one thing is certain and that is that we need a new goalie

Edited by PAOKSWEDEN

Konstantinidis is ready to extend his contract.

There is some interest in Olsen from Denmark for a loan.

Napoli is supposedly interested in Salpiggidis.

Tziolis's contract will automatically be extended until 2017.

Arnesen is talking with Kace about extending contract, but apparently Kace is asking for a lot of money.

Arnesen is talking with Kace about extending contract, but apparently Kace is asking for a lot of money.

So he should, it's about time his pay lined up with his performance.

As far as I'm concerned if the figures for his current pay are accurate, we owe a fair bit of cash.

• Like it 1

According to Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten Harmeet Singh of Molde is linked to PAOK.

He is a midfielder from Indian origin and has played for Norway's national team 7 times.

He played for Feyenoord a few years ago and I did not like how he played. But okay, he was just a youngster at that time.

The newest rumour concerning PAOK is about the Brazilian cb Henrique, currently playing in Napoli. Since Napoli have three other CBs of pure class he hasn't played a minute this season. I don't know so much about him but for what it's worth he was considered a big talent 5-6 years ago when playing for Barcelona.

He'd clearly be a level above Greece though, just training with clubs like Barcelona is enough to come to Greece and dominate. So long as he doesn't come here thinking about collecting his weekly paycheck and puts in the effort required.

• Like it 1