Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - January 2016

Blackhawk

• 3 weeks later...

Read an article (not sure how reliable it is) that a Chinese team has offered 2.5mil for Klaus and we arent interested in anything under 7mil. IF its true than we really are stupid, what a chance to offload a player that isn't starting XI quality and make some decent money off him.
I have nothing against Klaus but I just feel realistically he isn't at the level we need to move forward. Add to that, he's captain and there is pressure on Tudor (or whoever else) to play him. I don't think we can take the next step with Klaus penciled in as our starting striker. 

• Like it 1

There's a reason he went to Turkey, didn't play much, and then ended up in China. From what I recall, he was never really the same after he tore his ACL, although I'm sure one of our fishy friends will be in shortly to let us know.

Currently and in season's 2013-14, 2014-15, among the league's top half we have had the most goals scored against by a significant margin.

Final position 2013-14: 2nd

GA: 37

Conceded more than Olympiakos, Atromitos, Panathinaikos, Asteras and Panaitolikos.

Final position 2014-15: 3rd

GA: 42

Conceded more than Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Asteras, Atromitos, Giannina, Panaitolikos, Xanthi, Platanias, Kalloni, Levadiakos and Kerkyra.

Current Position 2015-16: 4th

GA: 27

Conceded more than Olympiakos, AEK, Panathinaikos, Panionios, Asteras, Panaitolikos, Iraklis, Xanthi, Platanias, Atromitos and Veria.

It's been this season we've played a back 3, requiring more defenders and we still haven't made improving our back line a priority. Aside from Chatzisaias (who basically replaced Costa anyway) the club has paid almost zero attention to this, choosing instead using makeshift central defenders. We've become way too easy to score against it's a joke.

Edited by Pontos
  • Like it 1

Pontos, it took you what, 5 or 10 minutes to compile those statistics.  Maybe 15 if you're a bit slow.  And yet, all we hear during transfer periods is talk of getting a number 10 "that will make the difference" or some such vlakies.  It's been obvious for 18 months now that the back line is the most pressing issue on the team.  Now, if the team turned around and said we can find the players, but they aren't interested in coming to PAOK, so we have to make do in the meantime, sure, I'll buy that.  But when they don't even acknowledge that our defence is terrible, well, what can you say.  Most of the goals we concede are so cheap it kills me.

Pontos, it took you what, 5 or 10 minutes to compile those statistics.  Maybe 15 if you're a bit slow.  And yet, all we hear during transfer periods is talk of getting a number 10 "that will make the difference" or some such vlakies.  It's been obvious for 18 months now that the back line is the most pressing issue on the team.  Now, if the team turned around and said we can find the players, but they aren't interested in coming to PAOK, so we have to make do in the meantime, sure, I'll buy that.  But when they don't even acknowledge that our defence is terrible, well, what can you say.  Most of the goals we concede are so cheap it kills me.

I agree to a certain extent Bananas, however I think it's both a combination of lack of depth, the injuries we have gotten and the type of goals we cop. We are abysmal at defending the transition, how many times in each game are our hearts in our mouths when an attacking play breaks down, the midfield is so porous that we concede goals despite the defence. Are they culpable yes, are they solely responsible, no.

We have defensive midfielders who can run all day and do so when things are going well, but when it gets a bit hard there's no gut-running.

Sometimes they play defense like James Harden [a reference for our fictional US mates]

Might have to play him anyway now that Charisis is (once again!) unavailabile. Although it's more likely Tziolis will get a start, I feel. Would be a real kick in the pants if Antonis begins to start over him, too.

Some Albanian web site is claiming that Inter Milan and Kace's manager have agreed to a salary for the player, and the only thing needed to complete the sale is for PAOK to agree to the 3 mil price tag that they are willing to pay for him. It also says that PAOK is demanding 3.5 mil. Not sure if I can believe this story.