Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - January 2016

Blackhawk

Not sure if they'll pay 100% of his wages Pash.

I would be happy with Chatzisaias, we need CB's, he's at good age, has GSL experience. Our options are that thin back there, if he doesn't perform to a first XI standard than he'd still be handy as a backup. A good, necessary move I hope it goes through.

• Like it 1

Sounds like an interesting move Pontos.  Until we can stabilise our defense, the team will remain inconsistent.  In a parallel universe quality CB's exist, that choose to come to PAOK instead of better leagues.  These players also happen to under 30, match fit and playing regularly for their team.

Looks  like the Chatzisaias deal will be announced tomorrow. It will be a 4-year deal. Apparently we will pay Panionios 500K transfer fee. Looks like all these teams with financial problems (Panionios, Giannina) found a cash cow in Savvidis and are milking him for every Euro they can get.

• Like it 1

Tbh I don't know so much about him, but after reading the comments from the fans of Panionios on Gazzetta it seems to me that this is a good transfer, both at the moment and for the future. Considering this is quite a cheap transfer and that Costa's contract probably won't get extended after this season (1 million/year) we'll have some nice money to spend in the summer on a partner to him if the other CBs don't raise their level under the remaining part of the season.

• Like it 1

Considering this is quite a cheap transfer and that Costa's contract probably won't get extended after this season (1 million/year) we'll have some nice money to spend in the summer on a partner to him if the other CBs don't raise their level under the remaining part of the season.

Yeah I've heard rumors about him[Costa] coming to the MLS's New England Revolution. Besides the soupa league and Arabia, MLS pays way too much for aging players. so this might work out nicely for paok

Edited by Bajewy
  • Like it 1

We were lucky to get even that much out of them. They kicked up a fuss that we didn't accept 1.000.000? and drew negotiations out till they bumped up the offer a whole 500.000? which according to the media they still weren't happy with. How generous of them.

I hope he can keep this form up till the end of the season when he becomes available in the next transfer window. A previous post was pretty accurate in estimating how much a move to a club like Atletico would cost, IMO.

Edited by Pontos