Phantis Forums

SL-R4: PAOK FC - AEK (23-Sep-15, 20:30 GR)

pash

PAOK.jpgvs 105px-New_updated_emblem_of_AEK_Athens.j

MATCHUP:           P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki vs AEK Athens

COMPETITION:    Superleague - Round 4

DATE:                    23-September-2015

TIME:                     20:30 GR  (17:30 GMT, 12:30 CDT, 03:30 AEST next day)

CITY/STADIUM:   Thessaloniki - Toumba Stadium (Capacity: 28,703)

REFEREES:  

TELEVISION:         Nova Sports 1 (Greece)

I'm too excited to wait, so I went ahead and made the topic.

This should be a good game, with an *insane* atmosphere.

It seems AEK forgot to buy strikers, so I wouldn't be shocked to see Tudor lose one of the CBs in order to add another body into the midfield. Any thoughts on how this game will go?

Really hard to predict this one.  Both teams playing well, if anything AEK slightly better.  AEK are on a high, but the game is in Toumba.  Buonnanote and Berbatov "X" factor.  It's all happening!

As much as I'd like a win, what I want to see more is our team play "correctly".  Hold possession.  Don't panic.  No blunders from Olsen.  Create chances.  Mark your man, etc.  If we do everything correctly and AEK win due to a freak game or play, well so be it.  But above all, play the game as a team.  This is probably our biggest test so far this season, including European games.

Maybe I should've kept my trap shut.  I do like your avatar though.  Always loved Demi.  One of a kind.  Here's to a good game :: raises scotch ::

N.B. Xanthi is very decent team.  Good practical manager.  I'm looking at you PAO fans. ;)

Edited by Bananas

Ziaka, any chance of this game been broadcast overseas?

As of now nobody is scheduled to show the game. Normally Sport Plus would be the channel that would show it if PAOK signed the TV deal. Wonder if PAOK sells the game on a one time basis at the last minute.

As of now nobody is scheduled to show the game. Normally Sport Plus would be the channel that would show it if PAOK signed the TV deal. Wonder if PAOK sells the game on a one time basis at the last minute.

They should at least consider it, people want to see this game, it's the first game between the two teams in three years and it will probably be the first competitive one in four years. Plus the Berbatov factor, a lot of interest.

Berbatov will start in this game, which most likely means Klaus will sit this one out.

Don't like the experiment with Kitsiou playing the left side. Few times Tudor tried this, Kitsiou was poor.

As for Pelkas, I hope Tudor had few words with him to bring him down to earth as he did with Mystakidis earlier. I would still start him though, since he was playing greatso far.