Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Reaper

Game Topic

I actually don't believe the heart and passion bit concerning Panionio. I think their players were faster and better technically than PAOK's today. Greeks can have talent, you just have to give them a chance.

Bakasetas is a great example. Looked lost during his first games for Panionios. If he was at OSFP, AEK, PAO or PAOK the fans would have turned on him - coach would have tried another player to appease the fans/stupid owner etc. But Bakasetas kept playing - simply because there was no one else in the cheaply built Panionios squad.. and he found his feet because of the time and encouragement he was given. Same with the rest of the Panionios team. Their all Greek midfield are just as good as one of the mercenary army midfields the other teams rely on in the Super League.

The moral of the story is nothing to do with heart and passion for me. It is to do with a technical team and manager that doesn't have to answer to agents and fans. 

Greece has the talent, Panionios has proved it - time and time again they have provided a huge amount of international players throughout the last decades. I have been to that stadium, many times. The passion from the stands is not magnetic. The players simply know they are in a team where they have to prove themselves. Players are given time to mature not because they are geniuses, but because they use what they can afford. 

Actually Terry is finished. He alone has cost them huge points. If it was the Terry on 2012... motivated or not they would not have shipped so many goals.. The Chelsea is a mess and many players don't fit.All they all have in common is that they cost a fortune. Many of them like  Matic were never worth the amount Chelsea paid.

Chelsea's problem this season has been the result of the wrong acquisitions by the technical team. Same with PAOK who outspent Panionios 10 times over. Kace, Tziolis, Vitor, Athansiadis can only take you so far.. 

Terry is finished so is Ivanovic also in my opinion, but they have a big roster full of talent. Look at Hazard, he killed it last season scored and assisted heaps, this season I think he only has one goal, so heart and passion do play a big part as does technical as you have mentioned

They are easily a match for PAO and that says it all. The talent is there in Greece.

This year has blown out the water the theory you need foreign players or older Greek veterans to win games. Sadly I think Tsanas's bank account disagrees.

Trashed Asteras 3-0. Also have what i consider the best kits in the league (by Luanvi).

1523235.jpg?itok=fYCLeCjV

1368027.jpg