Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Reaper

Game Topic

Just demolished Panathinaikos. Controlled the midfield also.

What was interesting (and the media picked up on it) is that out of their starting 11 - 10 were Greeks and Boumale (the only foreigner) speaks fluent Greek!

Panionios really positive for Greek football.

1307244.jpg?itok=R7HM1Sht

But we didn't Pana97. We can't be stubborn, they completely outplayed us and our team showed zero motivation. The only guy on this team who actually gives a s%$#! is Zeca, and he's not even Greek. There must be change, because I can't put up with this vlakies any longer!

Btw did Panionios just become a French colony :) Pretty cool kits nonetheless

Edited by Ethnikos
  • Like it 1

Being outplayed and being demolished are two different things in my book. I wont stand here and say we were demolished were we outplayed? Sure, if you count hogging nine players in the midfield and having them flop every time they are touched then fine. Our players just did not give a damn but Panionios is getting credit for a match that they won on a lucky goal. The game would have ended as a draw if that didn't happen and people would be singing a different tune. They won in the end congrats to em, but people are acting like they were playing tiki taka with maestro's on the pitch. They were able to shut us down in midfield due to sheer numbers, If you have your whole team clogging up the main part of the field of course they will come out on top with possession.

We had a couple of chances to score of our own but they didn't go in. I am not being stubborn by any means, and I am known for criticizing this team, just look at the Qabala game I went in on everyone. The bottom line is that the gavro gets lucky on two deflected goals a couple of weeks ago while being "demolished" but no one bats an eye, PAO loses on a fluke and all of a sudden we are a side that gets demolished etc, even though we have won our last two league games. Anastasiou has to go sure, but the fact that everyone has been trying to defame PAO lately is ridiculous. I will defend my team through it all and admit our mistakes, I guess the saying is true envious people love to kick you when you are down. I guess it is easy to go down in the GSL if your owner is not a Heroine dealer. Shame on us for having a president that is not a drug dealer! Still, I would rather be like this and be a clean team then to be like a certain red team that wins everything on paper...

instead of trying to derail the issue...with a whole lot of dribble..

just focus on the facts..

it was a fluke goal.....but you were outplayed...fair and square...the ref had no influence on the game either dd marinakis...

look at the budgets of the two teams and how many international players on each roster...

stop trying to create diversions

They played 11 men behind the ball I would not say they demolished us they won on a  fluke goal or the game would of ended 0-0. Did they play with more passion absolutely but we were horrendous  there goal came off a fake foul call by Papas but no excuses we lost we sucked.

Risvanis play well?

He looked good. However, if I were his manager I would send him to the gym. Like many extremely tall people, he needs to put on some bulk. He is exceptionally thin.

risvanis.jpg

In Pana97's defense he is a decent guy. Some of the lunatics on the Panathinaikos forums are almost unhinged.

I too, will vouch for Pana97's good character!

• Like it 1

Leave the kid alone. You guys sound like Greek mothers. Fae pedi mou, eisai adinatos.

• Like it 1

Risvanis looks like he should be outrunning lions on the savannah.

I will not vouch for pana97, I think he's a bad influence on today's youth.

• Like it 1

Bakesetas scores again to bring his tally up to 4 goals. Now has exactly twice as many goals and assists than Athansiadis of PAOK - but is light years away from the NT.

Dismantled PAOK today 3-1. Bakasetas with two goals.  They fielded an all Greek 11 - not for the first time this season. Just goes to show there is quality among Greek players.

I think it has to do more with chemistry, coaching, hard work, and passion rather than quality players that Panionios has. Good for them though, given the s%$#! form AEK, and PAOK have had recently, and Panathinaikos' lack of consistency I can honestly see them finishing 2nd or 3rd after the playoffs.

I hope they do well in the playoffs because this season was remarkable for them. Their whole squad is Greek except 2 players, they work hard and are tied at 4th! I swear they were relegation candidates at the beginning of the season. If they make Europa League than that would be just ridiculous---- but they'd have to hold on to Bakasetas. I feel like if they fail in Europa league qualifiers than they'll sell him. Also, don't forget they gave up Boumal - arguably their best player

Edited by Ethnikos
  • Like it 1

Good on Panionios, it makes a big difference when you aren't someone's satellite team also let not forget that. But what a great season for them, don't think anyone would've expected this from them especially with the amount of young Greeks they have in their line up, fantastic to see this as it shows others its not all about spending but have players with heart and passion