Phantis Forums

Dimitar Berbatov

Dutch Eagle

Dobre dosal, Dimitar!

Berbatov will be wearing the jersey #10.

Berbatov (30-1-1981) has played for Pirin Bagoevgrad, CSKA Sofia, Bayer Leverkusen, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United, Fulham and Monaco.

Berbatov is together with Christo Bonev alltime topscorer for the Bulgarian National team with 48 goals.

It should be noted that Bonev has 96 caps (av. 0.50) and Berbatov 78 caps (av. 0.62) 

Hi there,

Greetings from Bulgaria! My name is Ivo, big fan of Berba for a long time now. I've been "following" him wherever he goes and I am glad he went to PAOK, only 4 hours drive away from Sofia. :) You can expect many Bulgarian fans now, not only online, but most probably at Toumba too.

Saw some of the live stream from the stadium today and I must say I am quite impressed - not only by the amazing warm welcome from the fans but also by the work from the club which developed Berba related branding at Toumba, made Tshirts available for pre-order, updated the player's profile on the website and all that in practically no time! Wow!

I hear that Mr. Savvidis really wanted him - Berbatov is a kind of guy that needs to feel wanted and special, so I think that's the reason he joined in, not because Aston Villa offered less cash.

How did Berba do today? He seemed happy and honest to me. Although, that "we are brothers" part was a bit too much, perhaps - I know you guys don't really see us as brothers and I get it. When I go on holidays to Chalkidiki, I am usually ashamed of the particular Bulgarians that go there. :) Anyway, Berba is a different story, I am sure he'll do great things here and make us all proud. Your expectations must be quite high taking into account the 1.6 million + bonuses that you are paying. In his last season with Monaco, he got even slower with age but hopefully his other skills will compensate that. He's never been a runner, after all. He's known for his finishing abilities yet you will see that he's even more useful for building attacks - always taking the right decisions. Being clever on the field is his biggest strength, if you ask me.

Sorry for the long message. Here are some of my favourite Berba gifs as a reward for reading all that:

skill-by-berbatov-o.gif

bd0d9ce846dea6b207edf3d.gif

N7jlsWQ.gif

ir2Ib20VJVhBK.gif

berbatov-qpr-touch.gif

IgnorantZestyFossa.gif

• Like it 6

Hi there,

Greetings from Bulgaria! My name is Ivo, big fan of Berba for a long time now.

Hello Ivo and welcome to our forum. What part of Bulgaria are you from? I had the pleasure of visiting your country in my youth way back in 1973.

I have also been a fan of Berbatov since his days at ManU. I think he is a great player. Of course he is at the end of his career, but for PAOK this is the biggest transfer in the team's history. Even if he does not perform up to his old standards, just the marketing value will be enormous.

Hello Ivo and welcome to our forum. What part of Bulgaria are you from? I had the pleasure of visiting your country in my youth way back in 1973.

I have also been a fan of Berbatov since his days at ManU. I think he is a great player. Of course he is at the end of his career, but for PAOK this is the biggest transfer in the team's history. Even if he does not perform up to his old standards, just the marketing value will be enormous.

I'm from Sofia but I wasn't born yet when you were there. :)

Location: Chicago? No wonder everyone here have a better command of English than the guys on the Fulham forum. Are you all from Chicago here?  :D

Then again, why would the Greek fans write in English... Still not sure what this forum is about but I will figure it out soon. :)

My fingers are crossed that Berbatov will bring you more than just commercial benefits.

Edited by farfouille

Welcome Ivo! We're very happy to have you. Frankly, Berbatov won't need to do much running - the defenses he'll be most useful against, aren't exactly going to be very mobile. They'll just be sitting in front of their goals. I think ideally we'll see him paired with our captain, Klaus, who should be more than capable of doing the running (and the same goes for everyone else on the team, it's a very young squad).

Then again, why would the Greek fans write in English... Still not sure what this forum is about but I will figure it out soon. :)

We're generally diaspora Greeks - Australia, Canada, US, UK. In this particular forum (for PAOK), the majority are Australian and US fans.

I think ideally we'll see him paired with our captain, Klaus, who should be more than capable of doing the running (and the same goes for everyone else on the team, it's a very young squad).

One of the reasons I think he'll do great - he needs young pacey players around him and I see that all your forwards are born not earlier than 1988 (when Klaus was born). Can't wait to get to know the players better.

We're generally diaspora Greeks

Yeah, got that, thanks anyway. Great, I will be around then, I want to learn more about the club and this forum will help as the club posts on the site/Facebook/Twitter mostly in Greek. :)

Who would ve thought that we'd get to this after just a short few years ago, we were dead broke and in danger of being expelled out of Europe and the Superleague...

Without Savvidis, we would've been in serious trouble.  He's exceeded my expectations, and by a margin.