Phantis Forums

Who will be our best transfer this season ?

Bananas

Who will be our best transfer this season.  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our best transfer this season.

• Frank Arnesen!
    • Igur Tudor!
    • Frank Arnesen and Igur Tudor!!
    • Malezas
    • Korovesis
    • Charisis
    • Pelkas!
    • Mystakidis!
    • Antonis
    • Rodrigues
    • Jairo
    • Olsen
    • Leovac
    • Sabo
    • Cimirot
    • Berbatov

I'm pretty excited to see what many of the above players can do, but the early form of the returning Pelkas has me most aroused thus far.

I must say though, I think long term if given a fair go at it, the addition of Frank Arnesen could see PAOK reach heights it's never seen. A football department with organisation at all levels. I have a really good feeling about our future, a refreshing feeling I never felt as a PAOK fan.

Edited by PAOKARA

I voted for Jairo, Cimirot would be my guess for second-best. It seems Jairo is hungrier and he's been impressive the few times I've seen him play.

Charisis might be *very* good, but I have a feeling that his chance to be noticed was two months ago. Tudor had said that he was meant to be selected in that original starting lineup (over one of Tziolis or Pelkas I'd assume, probably Pelkas). Now he's injured, and I have no idea how often we'll see him play. Hopefully I'm wrong on that.

Jairo!  Well, well, we have a front runner.  I'm expecting or rather hoping for Leovac to be a good signing.  That left flank is still a work in progress and we can't keep putting Kitsiou there indefinitely.  If Leovac can begin dominating on that side the way Konstantinidis/Kitsiou are on the right, it will also balance out the team a little more.

pash, agree with you on Cimirot as well.  I'm expecting big things from him in the DM role.  Getting injured in the first game ... so unlucky.

Edited by Bananas

I think Korovesis might surprise us on the left too - he's been good each time he's played. Hopefully we'll be able to make deep runs into the cup and EL, it would be a real krima if so many interesting players go unused.

• Like it 1

This will be a great topic to re-visit in two years to see which of the young guys have taken that step up in quality ...

I bet before the 2017/18 season we consider someone from the group of Cimirot/Pelka/Charisis/Jairo an indispensable player we could not imagine being outside the starting XI.  

I hope it turns out to be one of the young Greek players. We are in the midst of a (generational) changing of the guard on the NT and I would love to see a PAOK player being considered a burgeoning (or arrived) star on the Ethniki at WC 2018.

• Like it 2

I voted for Arnesen, without whom most of the players on the list would be missing.

If I had to pick one player, I would say Charisis long term wise. I think he will become a great player down the road.

Not sure how to add Berbatov as an option.  Is there a way ?  Then again, it's probably better he's not in the list since everyone would just pick him.

I hereby dub this thread "Who will be our best transfer this season (excluding Berbatov) ?"

• 10 months later...