Phantis Forums

Port of Piraeus Kafeneion

Crazy

He has not really been given a proper shot, how many starts did he get this year? Maybe two? And one of them was the cup final, really I don't like Silva for us at all  <_<

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Enough with these players that are here to play one good season and transfer abroad. Half the team this summer is with a foot out the door. Build a team with a serious coach and players who can commit for 3-4 years at least. No more Raiolla's and Selouk's. A new coach every year and changing half the squad is not going to help us in Europe. Forget Greece, my yiayia can coach us to the title in Greece. Get a good coach and LET HIM WORK. This can be an opportunity now in our disastrous start. 

The reality is that Marinakis can't compete with the big clubs in European football. Olympiacos sold Torosidis, Mitroglou, Manolas Holebas, Samaris etc & buy players whom are good enough to play for Espanyol & from other weaker teams in Spain, Portugal etc... You buy players at that level expect to be as good as Espanyol playing the Champions League. The days of Kokalis buying Giovanni, Zahovic, Rivaldo etc are gone.

Spending big does not always bring success either, I'm saying we need to build a team, a unit, revolving door personnel policy to a minimum, more consistency and long term vision.

• Like it 1

The reality is that Marinakis can't compete with the big clubs in European football. Olympiacos sold Torosidis, Mitroglou, Manolas Holebas, Samaris etc & buy players whom are good enough to play for Espanyol & from other weaker teams in Spain, Portugal etc... You buy players at that level expect to be as good as Espanyol playing the Champions League. The days of Kokalis buying Giovanni, Zahovic, Rivaldo etc are gone.

I really don't understand how the topic of Kokkali overspending often comes up. Although he did spend money for players, Marinaki (aside from this season) hasn't been too far behind. 

If we take Sokrati's last full five summer off-seasons, you'll notice that although he made some nice signings, he didn't break the bank - some of his most prominent transfers:

Summer of 2005: Konstantinou (free), Yaya Toure (2.7M) and a few other others who weren't very notable (Babangida, Kapsis)

Summer of 2006: TERRIBLE off-season.. We needed a defensive upgrade and he brought in four free agents: Zewlakow, Julio Cesar, Ouaddou, Domi

Summer of 2007: Sold Castillo for a good chunk of change and bought Galleti, Lua Lua, Ledesma, brought back Antza (free), Kovacevic (free)

Summer of 2008: Great off-season, Avraam Papadopoulo, Diogo and Dudu were purchased, Leto was brought in on loan (funny enough transfers were made late so we lost to Anorthosi)

Summer of 2009: Soft summer -  aside from signing Mellberg and Derbyshire, Maresca ended up being a flop (aside from his memorable screamers)

• Like it 1

Since i have been watching greek football from the mid 90's until now i dont remeber when Olympiacos would comfortable beat lower league teams. Upsets for Olympiacos and stuffing things up in Europe has been a major part away from the paranga that nueatrel greek soccer fans hate them.

I win hear of their in group stages does not make you a good team

Upsets for Olympiacos and stuffing things up in Europe has been a major part away from the paranga that nueatrel greek soccer fans hate them.

Can someone kindly translate?

Since i have been watching greek football from the mid 90's until now i dont remeber when Olympiacos would comfortable beat lower league teams. Upsets for Olympiacos and stuffing things up in Europe has been a major part away from the paranga that nueatrel greek soccer fans hate them.

have you seen the results of olympiakos in europe over the past 10 years?

and the wins  and results v. the quality of opposition?

then have you analysed the playing budgets of our opposition...

wins v:

Man Utd, Juventus, Atl. Madrid, Anderlecht x2, Liverpool, DePortivo, Monaco, Benficax2, Porto, Dortmund, Marseille, Real Madrid, Lazio, Hertha, Werder x2, Standard Liege, Arsenal x3, Rubin x 2........etc..etc I can go on....