Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Doxa

Talents Greek League

Here we can talk about talents you notice in our league that are ready for one of the topclubs or a foreign league.

It would be nice if you leave the propaganda for talents from your own team out of this thread.

Some players I like:

Kyriakos Kivrakidis (Atromitos, right back)

Ballas (Atromitos, midfielder)
Adam Tzanetopoulos (AEK, Defender)

Pelkas (PAOK, Attacking  midfielder)

• Like it 2

Please not your own teams!! That will make this a topic for fighting who has the biggest talents paidia!

I know nearly nothing about Vergos, but him being loaned out to a segunda division club bodes well for the future, assuming he gets game time.

At the risk of displeasing Doxa, I will put out a few thoughts on Pelkas - he's been a massive surprise. He was nowhere near this good his first season, and he seemed to be a non-entity while on loan last year. Everything is hugely improved, and I have no idea how this happened. Wonderful dribbler too, which means he's as fun to watch as he is effective.

Pelkas was not played enough at PAOK and found no rhythm as a result. In Portugal he was played a lot and his talent shone to the point that many portuguese agents were inquiring about buy outs etc. He was impressive in portugal, even Benfica fans were telling me the same and asking why PAOK had no faith him.

Having a talented player is not enough, he needs to be encouraged and in a positive environment. Unless you believe the Greek theorists that if you are good enough, you will always rise to the top in Greece - despite coach, clickas, poor environment etc. Pelkas was encouraged and exposed to good coaching in Portugal, now PAOK are reaping the rewards. Seeing as the Greeks still fear allowing B teams in the lower leagues, sending players to portugal is a good option. Vergos is highly talented and did well to go to Spain.

As far as Aravidis is concerned, he has looked poor preseason and in the league, would keep him out until he finds form.

Platellas should have Salpi's spot.

I definitely agree that pelkas and tzane are young talents. Other talents include:

Kaltsas

Fortounis

Mantalos

Kolovos

I don't know about Kolovos, 2 foreign coaches now had him the whole pre-season in the squad but didnt rate him high enough. I had big hopes for him aswell.

I also like Mantalos. Kaltsas is to old.