Phantis Forums

Rival Teams

Dikefale11

Greekfreak ANY normal football fan would know this, especially if they watched the 1st half of our game and saw how PAS was giving fouls away, they were bound to get a red in the 2nd half. But others claim the refs helped us with the 2 reds and penalty, they don't talk about how another penalty was given to us BUT was overturned, something you don't see in football very often.

ITS A CONSPIRACY Meli must be paying refs :) pos tous ponai

"they" do you think I mean those other clowns who have nothing better to do but get personal with people through the internet? No Amorgos im talking about Oly fans in general and their papers. Sta arxithia mou what "they" write.. I laugh at people like that, when you insult one's family it just shows what a true scumbag you are. One thing to sledge and bag teams im all for it, another to involved families, but each to their own if that makes them feel good well so be it.

Hahahahahaha our mate :)

It makes me laugh re have they seen both players yellows? Deserving fouls and worthy of a card, they new they were on yellows already so why make tackles like that giving the ref a reason to give you a 2nd yellow? The penalty I wont even bother with if they cant see it they I guess they just don't want to admit that's its a penalty.

As timid and terrible as Olympiako looked out there today all I can say are two things:

1. Bayern looked even worse for a team with that kind of budget. They are limp without Robben. Not, inspiring, empty runs, empty crosses, ridiculous shots.....I really wasn't impressed. If it wasn't for that lucky Muller goal to open up Olympiako the game would of probably came down tot he wire. 

2. HOLYY SHITTTTT are those Olympiako kits fugly. I'd say easily their worst jersey ever and thank god we have Nike and not puma OR Adidas. For gods sake the shirt has PLEATHER on it. It looks like parts have red electrical tape on them. Looks like something out of a rap music video. WTF were they thinking?

Also some things I noticed about Olympiako today:

- Pardo isn't as good as I thought he would be, and in all honesty he kind of looks overweight. 

- Hernani in the last few minutes I saw him looks like hell be a bit of a threat. 

- Kasami looks a little out of it too, and Masuaki is very mistake prone and not as sharp as he was last year. 

- Dominguez pretty much has a gas tank for 45 minutes, which is something we should exploit. 

Overall the game wasn't the slaughter fest that the scoreline indicates but at the same time I thought the gauro would come out and put up a fight rather than play a 10-0-0 lineup....

Also I would like to see this Avatar bet between the two of you and now that we are on the topic, Reaper , what exactly is your avatar?

I agree Pana, up against a coach who has been through the "park the bus" scenario you only play into his hands as he has the experience to get past that and has proved it on many occasions..... They may have not won but they could've given a better fight, as they say the best form of defence is attack!!

Anyway with Zagreb winning it only makes it harder for them now, Zagreb has never been an easy place to go and get a result.....

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so mad that we didn't put 100% into our toumpa game. That team is stale and their back line looks really flimsy....fortunately for them we were too scared to test them......We need to learn from this mpaok-gauro game and realize that no opponent in this league is worth fielding a defensive 4-3-3. 

As for the gauro, I wasn't too crazy about them either. We didn't really get to see a game because they took an early comfortable lead and then paok bored us to death. The only thing I can say is that they are weak on set pieces. They were lucky on more than one occasion not to get scored off a set piece. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Astera Tripolis and Ksanthi both lost this week. We need to destroy Kalloni and take advantage of this opportunity to stay ahead of them going into next week's game with Panionio. The Paok-Panionio game at this moment in time is great for us because either PAOK drops points and we pull even farther ahead of them (they are going to make signings in the winter so I think they'll come into the second half of the season looking to make a comeback) or Panionio drops points and we get to pull away from pretty much everyone in the playoff race this week. Really important game tomorrow. 

Regardless of whether or not OLY won, they still managed to score 9 points in a tough group.  Arsenal and Bayern have 5 times the resources that OLY has. To say their campaign has been a failure, would not be fair.  The super league needs OLY in the CL as for the moment, they represent the best chance they have to gain any exposure for the Greek league.  If OLY keeps beating top teams, scouts will look at the Greek league more closely and invest in our players, buying some for a nice amount.  Then in theory, that amount would be reinvested in player development for younger players. It is a model that has worked quite nicely in Portugal/the Netherlands.  I'm a PAO fan but they have not been able to have a strong European campaign in a while. 

• Like it 1

Also the money is very rarely re-invested in player development in Greece, hence why we are so s%$#! at producing top quality players, how many "class" players have we produced in the last 10 years?

Papastathopoulos is the only player I can think of. Some good players but Sokratis is the only class player Greece has produced in a decade and possibly more. IMO it all goes back to the "magka" Greek tembelly mentality. A lot of the up and coming players are sissys, too much into their looks, afraid to get their boots dirty and are afraid of 50-50 challenges. 

Anyway that's a separate issue. Money that comes into Greek football clubs is very rarely re-invested in to it by the looks of it.