Phantis Forums

Rival Teams

Dikefale11

From the moment i saw the plays i knew Fortouni used his arm. Then on the replays you can see Durmaz used his arm too. Two observations based off of physics alone:

1. Theres no way the ball can roll off your chest to the right and then land straight down to your feet. Durmaz uses his arm and that way rather than roll off to the side the ball comes straight down to his feet.

2. There is no way the ball cancome that far to the right of a player, land there for a second, and once again come straight down to your foot. You can see in both the play and slow motion replay that the ball stays suspended in the air, coincidentally for the same amount of time his arm is elevated. Upon closer look from the refs angle, the ball pretty much lands on his arm.

Greeks have a type of crooked mentality where even as you're being robbed in front of your eyes, the victim is at fault. No one says the same s%$#! about a single entity for 20 plus years in a row. I also dont want to hear the "every league has bad calls" line because there is no team in any major league that gets as blatant of a push as Olympiaco, followed by shady out of field activity,followed by strange betting activity, followed by such a ridiculous loaning policy, followed by EVIDENCE of corruption. Not even in Italy did teams get away with such blatant corruption and thats a country where almost a fifth of the countries money passes through the hands of the mafia.

All you have to do is watch the game Olympiakos AEK from last year and the Asteras cup final and all your questions will be put to rest. Never has such blatant bias been shown in a professional league thats takes part in European competition regularly.

• Like it 1

From the moment i saw the plays i knew Fortouni used his arm. Then on the replays you can see Durmaz used his arm too. Two observations based off of physics alone:

1. Theres no way the ball can roll off your chest to the right and then land straight down to your feet. Durmaz uses his arm and that way rather than roll off to the side the ball comes straight down to his feet.

2. There is no way the ball cancome that far to the right of a player, land there for a second, and once again come straight down to your foot. You can see in both the play and slow motion replay that the ball stays suspended in the air, coincidentally for the same amount of time his arm is elevated. Upon closer look from the refs angle, the ball pretty much lands on his arm.

Greeks have a type of crooked mentality where even as you're being robbed in front of your eyes, the victim is at fault. No one says the same s%$#! about a single entity for 20 plus years in a row. I also dont want to hear the "every league has bad calls" line because there is no team in any major league that gets as blatant of a push as Olympiaco, followed by shady out of field activity,followed by strange betting activity, followed by such a ridiculous loaning policy, followed by EVIDENCE of corruption. Not even in Italy did teams get away with such blatant corruption and thats a country where almost a fifth of the countries money passes through the hands of the mafia.

All you have to do is watch the game Olympiakos AEK from last year and the Asteras cup final and all your questions will be put to rest. Never has such blatant bias been shown in a professional league thats takes part in European competition regularly.

Also id like to add that this isnt a recent issue either nor a "last five years issue" Have a look at some Gianakopoulo, Gjorgevic, and Ivic plays from the late 90s- early 2000s and youll see a whole new meaning to the word blatant

Reaper, Juventus was known universally as a corrupt club, and to some extent they paid for their wrong doings. Im not talking about rivalries here or banter, im talking about a team where inside and outside their fanbase it is an accepted notion that the team is corrupt and so is the league as a whole. Were not talking about favoritism, were talking about blatant fixing and rigging. Also out of all the examples you cited give one example where the teams hold as dominant (on paper) of a record and where the team has loaned so many players to direct competition or an example of a team with so much evidence and even a court ruling against them, that has gone unpunished.

Please dont give me this Cosmopolitan talk. I live in New York City and spend my summers living mostly in Athens. It doesnt get more cosmopolitan for a Greek. Trust me it is pretty much an accepted notion that the league and olympiako are corrupt even amongst Oly fans. Most fans just laugh it off because they dont take Greek soccer too seeiously to begin with, or because they benefit from pame stoixima.

Even Porto has had more heat on them than Olympiako though and Olympiako dwarves their record. Goes to show you what type of corruption were talking about here. I guess Greece and Portugal have much more in common than a financial crisis. One of then being mr. Platini.

We have done well with our squad and our style of football is something I have missed seeing from AEK in many years. All I can hope for is my team to do well win their games and the rest is out of our control.

As for fatboy, he doesn't like a challenge we saw last year how low he can go by what happened at Leoforo, PAO was right up their ass and won that game and went 3 points behind Oly and it was game on, only for fatboy to run to his mates at EPO and have them dock PAO 3 points and that won them the title. No coach has ever done something like that, not even Mourinho who is an arrogant F***er but a great coach would stoop to that level.

I just hope this season is a fair one but I wont hold my breath, but if my team is consistent then I can see us being a problem to the current chumps. Sorry champs :)

We don't need PAO back, reallly, Olympiakos, a strong AEK and PAOK and a decent Asteras are enough.

AEK atleast shows it knows what they are doing, transferpolicywise, with the money PAO spended on Essien you can pay haf the salaries at AEK and the talents are way bigger, that says it all.

The alliance with Meli will be over now. He only needed this bifteki president because he wasnt in A-ethniki himself.

I advice PAO to go play in a league where you get points with WORDS and ACCUSATIONS instead of your own results. Because at those 2 things they are very good instead looking at their own XALIA.

jvc no offence mate but the history PAO had in Europe is great but that's like hearing a Livo fan tell me how good they were in Europe which doesn't mean much nowadays. Asteras has been in Europe and done pretty well for themselves, Pao hasn't gone much further than them in Europe so either way whether its PAO or Asteras in Europe we are getting the same results.

You guys couldn't get past the worst ranked team in Europe last week how can you actually bag Asteras now?

The league is already unwatchable mate from the way it has become. I agree with what you are saying about having a strong 4 competing for the league but that wont be happening anytime soon when you have people in EPO favouring one side and the rest and also when that prick Theodoridis has so much power in UEFA.  I will give you an example, on the weekend Oly fans scuffled/brawled with MAT at OAKA, will they be fined for that? Highly doubt it, but if it was AEK or PAO we would be fined and possibly docked points. The Greek League and especially EPO needs a massive cleanout for the league to progress and go anywhere and that will take a while before any of that happens, people would rather fill their pockets than have a league for us and the rest of Europe to be proud of. Currently and most may not agree with me but the Cyprient league is better than the Super League and that's a big slap in the face to us all as fans.

AEK has finally go their act together and have the club running in a good direction but still things get in the way and try bring AEK down with petty sh*t. PAOK also is heading in the right direction and their TD is very good, they just need a bit better of a squad than what they currently have and this TD could be the one to do that for them.

As for Asteras, they may not have massive funds or huge fan base but they do have a decent side, they may not progress from their group in EL but these days not many Greek teams do progress.....

On a slightly different note, does anyone else find it funny that Ranieri couldn't beat Faroe Islands yet in the EPL hasn't lost a game with Leicester? Some may laugh but Faroe paying $25 for the win, wouldn't surprise me if the game was sold so people could cash in.....

jvc try be in my place and have your team fall to 3rd division, it isn't pleasant at all. But I did say to many people few years back that we should drop to 3rd division because in the end another 2 years of misery wasn't going to hurt us after the misery we have been through all these years... I believe in short term pain long term gain and it seems it is happening in a good way for us now.

People laughed at AEK for these so-called presidents like Psomiadis, Adamidis etc who were at AEK did under the table deals stole money and damaged AEK. First instead of people bagging AEk and the presidents they had, one should ask who put them their in the 1st place, but that's another different story altogether, but just an example of what we AEK fans have suffered at the hands of others.

I am a proud Greek like yourself and love my team that's why myself and a mate started Original here, even though we been wanting to do it for years, we did it when AEK was at its worst in 3rd division and have just over 90 members now, if I didn't have this much love for AEK then I wouldn't have bothered trust me and would've stopped watching AEK like many others have done with all the corruption in Greek Football....

Reaper if PAO is fined for the midweek invasion then personally I wouldn't say much because they brought it upon themselves, that I agree with you!!

As for MAT yes it was handball but AEK fans were fined for having trouble with MAT. Pretty sure we were also fined for it in basketball. Oh and pretty sure we were fined from memory last year or maybe the season before for fighting with MAT in football.

But Oly which hasn't been mentioned in the papers at all will get away with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm eager to talk about the PAOK game and Dikefalo is our matchday man so I say we discuss our opponent here until we get closer to derby day. 

I think PAOK is one of the trickier teams in the league. So far this season they have been fielding 3 CB's and making changes to their mid and front lines. So they've switched between 3-4-3, 3-1-4-2 and 3-5-2. Up until today it didn't seem like they had found a solid formation or lineup that worked consistently for them. I guess that works to our advantage as we've pretty much been fielding the same formation and line up (with small single position changes) consistently since August. 

From everything I've seen from mpaok this year, they commit a lot of men forward and their attack comes mostly through the middle, while they let Pelka and Mak roam all around the pitch in the front. Those two players are the only players that really worry me (and Berbatov of course), especially Pelka. The kid had been on fire and is a huge talent. I think its important that we play Didac for this match to force their players further into the middle where I think Simoes and Johanson will eat them alive. Their attacks are going to get really congested with our line up, as I see a lot of clashes between their mids and our DM's. 

Within the confines of Dellas' tactics I want to see:

---------------------Arava------------------------

Barbosa------Buonannotte-------------Platella

-----------Johanson---------Simoes--------------

Didac----------------------------------------Galo

-----------Kolovetsio-----Tzanetopoulo-------

--------------------Baroja-----------------------------

In a fantasy world we can possible field a 4-4-2 rombo......but Simoes and Johanson are too good to leave either of them on the bench but for the sake of fun F*** it (based off of today's appearance) . I think a 4-4-2 would be a good way to put more pressure on their defense and is definitely more risky but has higher reward if our players are on a good day.  

-------------------------Arava------------------------

------------------Mantalo/Vargas---------------------------------

------------------------Buonnanotte----------------------

Barbosa-------------------------------------Platella

--------------------------Simoes-----------------------------

Didac------------------------------------------Galo

----------------Kolove--------Tzane------------------------

----------------------Baroja----------------------------------

I think at some point were going to have to start playing 4-4-2 diamond against weaker opponents to make up for lack of an in form CF right now but I think its too soon to use it on such a strong opponent in the league like mpaok. 

As a PAOK fan, I sincerely hope we win 4-0.  But on a serious note, this will be an interesting match up.  Buonnanotte seems like the real deal.  An inspired signing.  Not sure what tactics Tudor will try to contain him.  In previous seasons, PAOK's tactic would have been obvious.  Play deep and try for the counter.  Tudor has the team trying to play a decent possession game and create chances in a balanced way.  Not like last season where it was predominantly via the wings.

Regardless of the result, it's great to see AEK back.

• Like it 1

I'm eager to talk about the PAOK game and Dikefalo is our matchday man so I say we discuss our opponent here until we get closer to derby day.

I think PAOK is one of the trickier teams in the league. So far this season they have been fielding 3 CB's and making changes to their mid and front lines. So they've switched between 3-4-3, 3-1-4-2 and 3-5-2. Up until today it didn't seem like they had found a solid formation or lineup that worked consistently for them. I guess that works to our advantage as we've pretty much been fielding the same formation and line up (with small single position changes) consistently since August.

From everything I've seen from mpaok this year, they commit a lot of men forward and their attack comes mostly through the middle, while they let Pelka and Mak roam all around the pitch in the front. Those two players are the only players that really worry me (and Berbatov of course), especially Pelka. The kid had been on fire and is a huge talent. I think its important that we play Didac for this match to force their players further into the middle where I think Simoes and Johanson will eat them alive. Their attacks are going to get really congested with our line up, as I see a lot of clashes between their mids and our DM's.

Within the confines of Dellas' tactics I want to see:

---------------------Arava------------------------

Barbosa------Buonannotte-------------Platella

-----------Johanson---------Simoes--------------

Didac----------------------------------------Galo

-----------Kolovetsio-----Tzanetopoulo-------

--------------------Baroja-----------------------------

In a fantasy world we can possible field a 4-4-2 rombo......but Simoes and Johanson are too good to leave either of them on the bench but for the sake of fun F*** it (based off of today's appearance) . I think a 4-4-2 would be a good way to put more pressure on their defense and is definitely more risky but has higher reward if our players are on a good day.

-------------------------Arava------------------------

------------------Mantalo/Vargas---------------------------------

------------------------Buonnanotte----------------------

Barbosa-------------------------------------Platella

--------------------------Simoes-----------------------------

Didac------------------------------------------Galo

----------------Kolove--------Tzane------------------------

----------------------Baroja----------------------------------

I think at some point were going to have to start playing 4-4-2 diamond against weaker opponents to make up for lack of an in form CF right now but I think its too soon to use it on such a strong opponent in the league like mpaok.

I completely agree with everything you wrote, the only change I would make is Vargas on for Barbosa. Vargas is all around a better player than Barbosa and way more consistent. In a big game like this I think we will need his quality in the midfield to unlock PAOKs defense and also for set pieces. He has played on the wing for the Venezuelan National team so the position shouldn't be a big issue for him, I'd imagine that he and Buonannotte would be constantly switching throughout the game anyways. Of course, this is assuming that Vargas is ready to play 90 minutes. In another thread I mentioned the possibility of playing Mantalos Buonannotte and Vargas together in the PAOK match but after thinking about it we need someone like Platellas for this game to pressure the ball and to be able to run back on defense or use his speed for a counter attack.

Another possibility is to use the 4-3-3 that Dellas tested in the two big friendlies against Sevilla and Inter. This will be a tough game in a tough environment so it might not be the worst thing to go a little more defensive.

--------Baroja-------

Galo Kolovetsios Tzanetopoulos Didac

------------Johanson Simoes--------------

-------------------Anakoglou-----------------

Buonannotte Aravidis Vargas

This lineup would look much better with Cordero in place of Anakoglou of course but he's still not 100% recovered from injury. With Vargas and Buonannotte on the wings we can afford to play a little more defensive while still being able to build a fluid and dangerous attack.

Dellas has some big decisions to make over the next 10 days or so, I have no doubt that he will have the boys ready. Simoes Buonannotte and Johanson will be the keys to our game, if they play at their best we are coming out with 3 points, if they aren't then we will struggle.

If PAOK play 3-5-2 this will benefit us massively.

It is a big game for both teams and especially for us so we see where we at as a club.

I wouldn't change too much, I think our midfield can win this game for us, Simeos and Johanssen to stop everything through the middle and getting forward it would be good to see if he can fit in Diego, Mandalos and Vargas in the same 11 because these guys can cause havoc when running at PAOKs defence but I cant see that happening as I am sure Dellas would like some firepower off the bench. I personally wouldn't start Platellas, too inconsistent and his decision making at times is terrible.

My line up would be:

Baroja

Galo Tzane Kolo Soiledis

Simeos Johannsen

Vargas Diego Barbosa

Aravidis

Edited by Original Sydney

You guys just might have the best midfield. I like the double pivot johannsen(especially) and simeos. I don't think your CB are particularly great but with these two in front, they offer the required protection.

The attackers in front are good on the ball, especially diego as the league needs players like him. My only problem with him is his physique. I'll be surprised if he weighs more than 50kg....

I like galo, i have my doubts about soiledis.

Overall just by looking at this side, you can tell that people with a football sense put this side together. Offcourse melissanidis himself knows the game well.

Shame you guys didn't pick up a striker. That lafferty guy has everything, perhaps make a play for him in jan?

• Like it 2

Our CBs are good but not fantastic just yet, but they have the potential to be. Tzane is quality.....

Our midfield is good, we have depth and plenty of it for once and this benefits us since we have lacked this over the years.

We did need a striker though, hopefully they get one in January but if we are doing well and close to the top I cant see them buying one as they will have faith in what we currently have...

Overall we have built a good squad, is it capable of winning the league? I think we are close to that, next season should be more realistic in a title charge.

• Like it 1

@ Banana- With paok's formation i think its much more likely that paok can cop 3-4 goals as you guys are throwing a lot of players forward. Only thing working against us would be inexperience. 

Another possibility is to use the 4-3-3 that Dellas tested in the two big friendlies against Sevilla and Inter. This will be a tough game in a tough environment so it might not be the worst thing to go a little more defensive.

--------Baroja-------
Galo Kolovetsios Tzanetopoulos Didac
------------Johanson Simoes--------------
-------------------Anakoglou-----------------
Buonannotte Aravidis Vargas

This lineup would look much better with Cordero in place of Anakoglou of course but he's still not 100% recovered from injury. With Vargas and Buonannotte on the wings we can afford to play a little more defensive while still being able to build a fluid and dangerous attack.

Dellas has some big decisions to make over the next 10 days or so, I have no doubt that he will have the boys ready. Simoes Buonannotte and Johanson will be the keys to our game, if they play at their best we are coming out with 3 points, if they aren't then we will struggle.

I actually like that line up too, but like you said I think it can only work with Cordero. Anakoglou is a great player but his versatility has been a little hit or miss and most of the times he hasn't impressed when put in a 'dekari' role. Will be interesting when we get Cordero fully ready. 

I agree with everything everyone else has posted. @Greekfreak, honestly, In a perfectly fair environment I don't know if we would outright win the league and its only because of my doubts regarding our CF position. I was watching the gauro game and they're definitely better than last year. Dominguez doesn't seem to be slowing down, and indeye actually looks good. We can definitely contend though. We'll see what they're really made of when we play them. Lets see if its the usual song and dance. 

I'd love to say we can win the league but I wont, I will let my team do the talking.

I see some people are still crying foul about AEK getting a penalty on the weekend and PAS being reduced to 9 men, if only those malakes saw the game, plastic fans. I also love the fact they don't talk about the penalty we were given that was overturned, but they still hold on to the penalty we were given.... So anytime we get a penalty from now on guys or a player from the opposing team gets sent off it means we are corrupt :)

• Like it 1