Phantis Forums

Greek Super League Game Topic

Guest PastMember

It's funny how my comment has been brought up after botia has had a bad game, his tackle was very poor, but I have seen worse from players twice as good as him, I am happy that we've got the win! Which sets us up nicely for the next match which is s must win.

• 4 weeks later...

why was there no fans for the game anyways? 

i didn't see how the penalty was awarded but I saw all the goals. (was at the gym while watching)

it looked inevitable that olympiakos would break the score.

they're simply at a significantly higher level than then the other superleague teams, even if most calls were made against them, I think they'd still dominate

aek pao or paok (maybe not paok cause of savvidis?) probably couldn't afford olympiakos's current lineup if they tried

Edited by georgelaz

Im with Greenshadow on this one. Up until the penalty was awarded the game was terrible and Olympiako were terrible. It didn't look like they would break Astera until that penalty. It wasn't a bear hug, Milivojevic runs into the defender and dives as soon as there is minimal contact. It wasn't even close to a penalty. The offside was a joke because from his perspective, the linesmen couldn't even see the Astera player behind the Olympiako player who was covering him out wide. 

You want to see a bear hug, this is what it looks like:

12310436_1067992616564656_17110511834290

Like Greenshadow said, when PAO or AEK or whoever it is doesn't deserve to win, they usually don't. Olympiako didn't deserve to win today and the entire rhythm of the game was changed due to a false penalty. 

Here is the "offside" Pay attention to the linesmen's positioning:

12279063_10207191605182570_7730913095907

• Like it 1

I disagree, Oly outplayed Asteras big time. 

i agree that if that penalty wasn't awarded though, it might've been a different game. 0-0 or maybe even a late break for asteras

but even if Asteras won, oly was dominating the match

What game were you watching? For a 30 minute span between the first and second half leading to the penalty the game was a mess. Olympiako couldn't create anything. Hernani came on and did absolutely nothing to change the face of the game. It had DRAW written all over it until that penalty. It was in my favor for olympiako to win as my team favored from it, but this game was a draw. Even if they did outplay astera to that extent its no excuse for opening the score on a penalty like that. Like I said it changed the entire face of the game and the scoresheet is proof of that. 

I thought that one was soft just like this one is. These frames are taken out of context and within the regular motion of the play Milivojevic runs into the player, as soon as there is contact he dives. His legs go limp. If this were a penalty you'd have a penalty on every other corner kick during a game. If we're going to be looking into the past, people in here were perfectly okay with the olympiako goal against AEK where Botia man handles the defender out of the way to score his goal. That was way more obstructive than this play and yet there was no foul called. (keeping in mind that a foul is a much easier call to make during a game) 

Were going to agree to disagree so this is going to be the last post I make in here. It is different when a play uses his arms to move the player out of the way or to keep him pinned to a position, and different when the player runs in his direction and falls the second there is contact. This can be called at least two or thre times every game if refs were to whistle impartially(something that as we can see through the Siovas Papadopoulo pic is not the case) As for Djebbour, he didn't dive, he put some sauce on it but he would have fallen regardless. 

I heard Reaper called my name lol :) There is only one thing you can say, you have seen them given at times and then you haven't seen them given, in the EPL you see this all the time and hardly ever a penalty in awarded.

Personally I think it was soft BUT if it was outside the box would it have been a foul? If yes then that's a penalty.....

Obviously no one is keen to comment on the s%$#! that happened over the weekend? Red? Dive?

I guess no one is because it is tiresome to see decision after decision going Oly's way and decisions constantly going against their nearest rivals. Is it corruption? Match fixing? Incompetence?

Yes, Oly have more money and a stronger squad. But the things you have to do to win? I would not be proud. No class, all on paper. Best of luck to you though.

• Like it 4

Couldn't have said it better Damianos, silence is bliss, just shows they know how pathetic and low they need to get to get 3 points off a mighty big team like Panaitolikos......and that's with the roster they have, yet they worry about Melissanidis.

Bravo what's that now 12 points with assistance of refs? A lot to be proud of.....

• Tzatziki changed the title to Greek Super League Game Topic
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic