Phantis Forums

Greek Super League Game Topic

Guest PastMember

Lazaros is non existent right now it's like he lost his confidence... they played tight defensively and we needed better one touch football that didnt happen. Fortounis and Hassan have zero chemistry, I found Hassan playing too deep and not looking to receive through balls. Podence was amazing but no help. PAOK won because we have no offensive threat they did nothing all game and we scored on our own net..this team needs some more quality especially one good striker. 

Edited by jason

PAOK was fortunate to get the points, what I like is that the team looks like Martins has done a lot of good work. The season is early, but the team is looking very promising. I want to see how we will look in a few weeks time, especially when Toure, and the other 3-4 late signings that we have not seen much of start to get regular playing time. I think we will be very happy with the team come spring 2019, gia na doume....

OLY dominated the match especially in the last twenty minutes PAOK was hanging on. They had numerous headers in the 6 yard box and other chances that they just could not put away. Paschalakis made some key saves. Fortounis delivered some great free kicks.

PAOK had their first attack of the second half in injury time, 90+  To say they were fortunate is like saying Courtney Love is a bit risque, or Charlie Sheen has been known to get a little wild sometimes....we had more shots at PAOKs net than Jenna Jameson has taken to her face.

On 10/21/2018 at 3:43 PM, Ellada2004 said:

I am relaxed

Ok, from your comment I inferred otherwise.

18 hours ago, jason said:

Why is Ya Ya playing attacking mid? He is a defensive kid in my mind. This team has no striker....

We have three strikers, but only one has had a chance to show us what he can really do until now. It would be nice to have a Kovacevic or a Mitroglou right now, but let's see if Manos gets a chance, he scored a ton of goals for OFI last season...About Toure I agree with you, and am surprised he is playing so high also, I thought he would be best just behind Fortounis.

/\/\

Same here! Lazaro was on fire for our summer qualifiers and then he faded out, hopefully he gets his mojo back soon.

On 10/23/2018 at 1:46 AM, Alphonse said:

Manos can surely offer bit more than Guerrero, he’s  so ordinary 

Let's see what he can do, he will likely see more minutes now with Kuka being out for 2-3 weeks. Guerrero is not a bad CF, he works well with the team, he gets into good spaces when we attack, he works well with his wingers, he just doesn't seem to be a poacher who will score bags of goals, Manos last year did just that. But the team in general is having a hard time scoring goals now for at least the last 4-5 weeks, we need to fix the situation or we will possibly slip further away from the top of the table.

• Tzatziki changed the title to Greek Super League Game Topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic