Phantis Forums

Greek Super League Game Topic

Guest PastMember

The problem with us is marinakis didnt spend money on players or have an academy that is taken seriuosly. Currently we  dont have a good team sold manolas and torosides holebas and never got comparable replacements.... I still believe in fortounis but hes a play maker on a team with poor strikers ideye is not my favourite. 

• Guest pinned this topic

Hi everyone, I'm a portuguese fan of greek soccer in general. The best supporters in the world! Do you know where I can download the full match Oly-AEK? And also other matches from Superleague? I'm not finding any one of this season in Kapaki site. I'm really desperately to "feel" the energy, passion of fanatic fans, and tactics! Thanks a lot.

3 hours ago, ThrylosG7 said:

Great game from the guys today and an excellent response to the game against Apoel...they finally showed the fire and passion Ive been looking for..as for Fortounis - hopefully he will carry this performance forward.

Ideye was a beast - Marin is really starting to come into his own , Milivojevic - solid as always...

What I liked most was our movement - where was this team on Friday 

To be fair I think the Cypriots had a big horse shoe up their arse...

as much as we were not great v APOEL....And lacked spark...the game should have finished 5-1...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bananas said:

N'Gog at Panionios!  What is going on ?  That's ridiculous.  I mean, I never thought he was anything special but this is something else.

Panionios has signed a few big named strikers in their time, especially considering their humble means ($$$), Recoba was a huge deal in my book, even Estoyanoff was a treat to see in Greece.

1 minute ago, Tzatziki said:

Panionios has signed a few big named strikers in their time, especially considering their humble means ($$$), Recoba was a huge deal in my book, even Estoyanoff was a treat to see in Greece.

Ah yes Recoba!  He was a great player.

• Like it 1

It is a shame that every time some loser team comes up short, they have to tow the party line and blame everyone but themselves for their loss. Mili's header was a beauty! Our defence was a mess as usual, if PAOK's forwards had a better day we could have easily tied or lost this one. Fans need to cool it with the smoke shows, it is nice before the game, but once the game starts it kills the momentum of the match to have the ref stop the game, as a fan it is frustrating as well.

20 minutes ago, Original Sydney said:

Lol was there really a strong claim bananas? I honestly haven't seen one bit of footage on it

Honestly, I don't think so.  If it's the one that Reaper was talking about, it's in the PAOK vs Olympiakos thread on page 5.  Like Blackhawk said, if you paid those, every game would have 5 penalties.

It just looks worse than what it is, because the Oly player got a bit of a bump.  The Oly player didn't have possession of the ball.  He's waiting to receive it, and the PAOK player gets between him and the ball.  I don't think that's a foul even outside the box.

Do you guys really think that would be given if it was Man Utd vs Chelsea, or Real vs Barcelona, or Bayern vs Dortmund ?  I highly doubt it.

The only place I see penalties given for that sort of thing is maybe U12's.  If it was the other way around ie. Oly player bumps PAOK player I would never expect a penalty, and I would consider it an error on the referee's behalf.

Having said all that, this was probably the best derby between the two teams in a long time.  Smoke bombs aside, if we can have more derbies of this standard it would be good for the GSL.  Hopefully when you guys visit Toumba the fans don't try and burn down half of Thessaloniki.  I like flares, I like smoke bombs, but there is a limit.

You know, maybe one day, PAOK might lose a derby and they won't complain about the refereeing.  A man can dream.

I found it surprising.  Maybe this had already been discussed with the PAOK administration to try to get some "leverage" in the future ?  Who knows.  Either way, I find it tiresome to watch the same shenanigans each year.

• Tzatziki changed the title to Greek Super League Game Topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic