Phantis Forums
Blackhawk

PAOK Fans Gyradiko

Congrats to all the past kauli prize recipients! I've heard even getting nominated is really really hard:music-121562:

Sometimes you have to pull on a few strings in order to get to the finish. Not pleasant, but what must be done, must be done.

Saw a guy wearing an Asteras Tripoli shirt today at the Farmer's Market in downtown Chicago. Just sayin'.

Could be an old member of Greeksoccer forums, who is an Asteras Tripoli fan and AEK fan at the same time. Although I doubt it's him. I don't picture him at a Farmer's Market.

3 hours ago, Athens4 said:

Saw a guy wearing an Asteras Tripoli shirt today at the Farmer's Market in downtown Chicago. Just sayin'.

Haha I have a couple of Chicago friends that are big Star Tritown fans

In any case he had Tsimopoulos on the back of his shirt. My girlfriend wanted me to talk to him but I wasn't up for it.

• Like it 1

11 hours ago, Athens4 said:

In any case he had Tsimopoulos on the back of his shirt. My girlfriend wanted me to talk to him but I wasn't up for it.

hope this isn't a recurring theme when she asks you to do something

Don't be so hard on him. He looks like he has trouble getting up for anything.

You guys have to realize that at least 80% of Greeks in the Chicago area originate from Tripoli, and specifically from one village.  

Haha it's interesting for sure. Although, there is one Greek community in Indiana that is primarily composed of islanders

The city I was born in has a Greek population in the low-five figures that is almost exclusively descended from my mom's village, which has a winter time population of about 1,000. Be fruitful and multiply, indeed.

I'll be hitting Greektown next week, although I do remember, Chris, you telling me that it is starting to fade. I had to take some trousers to a tailor and it just so happened that the lady who owned the place was from a village near Movemvasia. She also said that Greektown is not what it used to be.

Greektown is meh... them building Arcadia Tower and opening some new bars has infused some life into the area at least.

On 9/14/2018 at 1:48 PM, Blackhawk said:

You guys have to realize that at least 80% of Greeks in the Chicago area originate from Tripoli, and specifically from one village.  

Κι εκεί μειοψηφία είσαι ρε Χρήστο γαμώτο. ΠΑΟΚτσής μέσα σε ΠΟΚίτες και Βορειοελλαδίτης μέσα σε Πελοποννήσιους!

On 9/26/2018 at 2:28 AM, Dutch Eagle said:

Congratz with your new job, Bananaki! 

Thanks champ.

Edited by Bananas

Congrats Bananas.

@ yiankos, are you a masochist my friend? 

You know why.

I do enjoy reading some of their propaganda though. Good for some laughs.

Ααα τώρα κατάλαβα. Ε μωρέ Χρήστο, ξέρεις τώρα, να περνάει η ώρα. Εξάλλου δεν βρίσκεις εύκολα οπαδούς της μεγαλύτερης ομάδας της Β. Ελλάδας κάπου. Και τώρα που ανέβηκαν και συσπειρώθηκαν έχει γέλιο η υπόθεση. Πρέπει να έχουν και καμία 15.000 διαρκείας σύμφωνα με την τελευταία καταμέτρηση οπότε το να μιλήσουμε για τα πρωταθλήματα τους εν μέσω WWII ή εμφυλίου έχει ενδιαφέρον.

There are victories and victories but a victory against Germany with 3-0 is so super sweet. Oranje made it possible tonight.

Always remembering Oranje with a smile in my face. Dennis, Clarence, Edwin, even Patrick some of my favorite players when I was first watching football. Even though Stam was one of the players I always hated.

This Dutch/New Zealand band is touring in The Netherlands. Therefore they appeared in a Dutch show to draw attention. Never heard of this band that plays a mix of folk, blues, funk and psychedelic trance, with influences of jazz, ragtime, American Songbook from the 30’s en filmmusic from the 40’s. But the name of the band got my attention rightaway 😎

• Haha 1