Phantis Forums

PAOK Fans Gyradiko

Blackhawk

• 2 months later...

Athens4, I moved the posts to the general non-PAOK topic and at the same time changed the topic name from Souvlatzidiko to Bougatsa Cafe (it was time for a change)

Anyway, Fulton Market is about 40 minute drive for me from my house. It's near the slowly dying Chicago Greektown. Even though the Greektown is losing it's charm in my opinion, the area is up and coming in other aspects. There as some good restaurants and there is also a good microbrewery nearby. I have no problem driving to there so we can meet. Drinks are on me.

One last note on the Greektown, which kind off prompted the topic name change. I just found out that the Panhellenic Pastry Shop, the family run Greek bakery with the best bougatsa in town has closed down. Very disappointed in this development, even though the owners claim they will re-open at another location in the future. 

The Panhellenic Pastry Shop is closed?? That's awful news. It was both the first and last stop I made on last trip to Chicago. Had an entire tapsi of bougatsa for myself. Krima.

Don't know about real Greeks, but Toronto Greek town is probably the best one I visited in North America despite the fact that the best gyro I had in Toronto was in a place run by Albanians.

Does Boston even have a Greek town? Don't get me wrong I love Boston as a city, but I never heard anything about a Greek town in that city. 

Greeks are hit or miss, and there are real ones the world over, now what exactly is a "real" Greek? In true Greek fashion, we could ask 10 posters and get 10 completely different pictures of what makes a real Greek. And that is not a bad thing, variety is the spice of life in many ways. Sorry to hijack th thread PAOK boys, as you were.

Boston Greeks are some of the most bottom of the barrel poor excuse for Greeks I've ever seen in America.  Ny, NJ, Chicago, Toronto and Florida Greeks make Boston Greeks look like a special breed of Albanian Gypsies... Generally speaking of course. There are a few of us decent ones, but for the most part, Gahbidge (Boston speak for Garbage)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Super League Malamatina or Mythos would have make sense, but Souroti? Are they serious?  

Well Ivan Savvidis would have to first buy Malamatina and Mythos before that happens.

• Haha 1

Yeah, bought our tickets for tomorrow's game against Olimpik Donetsk today at the stadium. We'll be in gate 5. Especially for Pash I will wear something black and white. My wife and three kids too. So he can recognize us easily in the crowd:hysterical:

Edited by Dutch Eagle

Seeing as how there will probably be only three or four hundred people at the stadium, I'm sure I'll recognize you. Especially since I"ll be keeping my eyes peeled for a grown-ass family man who's flashing the camera.